Davion News Network

No replies to this topic

#1 5byFive

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

(I want to note that this is just flavor text because I do not believe the sentence long ISN newsflash posts do the job. I am not trying to step on anyone's toes by writing this, I am just trying to tell a story using the DNN as the vehicle )

March 20th, 3050 DNN update:

The Planet of Midale, located near the periphery boarder with the Tauran Concordant, has come under attack by a force of battlemechs and aerospace fighters, but at this time, the identity and affiliation of these attackers has yet to be determined. What we do know is that the Industrial City of McComb's Landing came under heavy attack by a Lance of Heavy and Medium Battlemechs, supported by jump infantry and light tank support. The only planetary militia on site were easily swept aside before the attackers ransacked the industrial section of the city. Casualties are said to be heavy. Some reports indicate upwards of 100 dead and over 300 wounded. The attackers made off with at this time unknwon industrial equipment before returning to their dropship and making a high G buirn for a waiting jumpship at station keeping near the Pirate Point of the Midale system. FedCom Authorities on New Avalon have expressed deep concern about the incident and have expressed condolences to those families who lost loved ones, along with the promise of military, medical, and economic aide though when pressed about particulars of what aide would be given, the FedCom Represenative on New Avalon denined to comment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users