My signature says it all :rolleyes:

#842 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 21 March 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

To be clear, I will use large font and size because THE INTERNET:

THIRD PERSON IN GAMEPLAY - NOT COMING SOON.

Posted Image

#843 Vahnn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 357 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFargo

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

#844 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 21 March 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

For every 1 player that voted against 3rd person there was 10x founders that did not vote because they left the game over not having 3rd person tactics content etc. Are players not smart enough to make there own choices now? If they don't want to play 3rd person don't check the box and you will be queued with just first person players DUH if you check 3rd person in the box you will be queues with only 3rd person players DUH its that simple so they would be separated anyway. Posted Image

you are out of your mind. Fpo was a foundation of the game and a reason people became founders.

#845 Tarman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostDamocles69, on 21 March 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

Thank you Garth. Thank you. You continue to be the only PGI employee that I moderately respect

Sorry dude, but your sword is still hanging over this issue. All Garth did was move "soon" to "later". He did not say "yes and to this degree" or "no we are not".

#846 Squigles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 21 March 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

For every 1 player that voted against 3rd person there was 10x founders that did not vote because they left the game over not having 3rd person tactics content etc. Are players not smart enough to make there own choices now? If they don't want to play 3rd person don't check the box and you will be queued with just first person players DUH if you check 3rd person in the box you will be queues with only 3rd person players DUH its that simple so they would be separated anyway.

So your claim is, that since the original poll was 5K+ against, that over 50K founders....who paid money into a game that was proudly screaming to the world that there will NEVER be 3rd person view...left because of no 3PV?

I call BS.

#847 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

View Postmekabuser, on 21 March 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

you are out of your mind. Fpo was a foundation of the game and a reason people became founders.

No you are out of your mind most became founders because they thought MWO was going to be come BT 3025 or a Better MW4. Posted Image

#848 Greyfyl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

View Postbenth, on 20 March 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

We tried to stop them.

We tried to tell others what they would do.

It seems we've failed.

Posted Image

PGI is going back on their word. On Coolant. On Golden Ammo. Third person.

Even if they come out to deny Garth's comment and this twitter post, why should we believe them?

I don't think I've ever seen a community so freaking blind to the reality of sales/marketing. The guys from PGI that post on these forums are under no obligation to be honest with the playerbase. NONE. Yet so many players treat these people as if they were life-long best buddies. It boggles my mind.

They are going to tell us what we want to hear and then do what makes the most financial sense to some bean counter somewhere who probably has never even played a computer game in his life. That's the reality of today's pc gaming industry. You need look no further than Diablo 3 or the latest SimCity to see how horrible run the business as a whole is.

I wish I could find the post on these forums that had a link to an article about the realities of the F2P pc gaming market and how decisions are made, often times knowing that it will **** of the players, but also knowing that 99% of those same angry players will continue to play.

Edited by Greyfyl, 21 March 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#849 o8oo Anarch

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm on the fence on this one tbh. I like the 'sim' feel of 1st person, but I'm not against the prospect of being able to see my pretty mech. Would finally give me the push needed to actually waste cash on paint.

The main argument I see againt 3rd person implementation is the argument that it is advantageous vs 1st person. This cannot be gotten around, it does provide a better vantage point.

The way I see it is make the UAV module (or consumable? I preffer this option as it would give a it more tactical feel to me, but I fear those 3rd person die hards may not like paying for it) that grants the ability to toggle 3rd person for the match. Therefore u get a trade off, better view or more shinny bombs/mods/coolant?

This would imo then default the game to a fps style but allow those who dislike it to still have the option to fully enjoy their 3rd person prettys. Mean while the fps hardcore can simply not bother with it and feel smuge and superior with their extra free module slot, and those of us some where in the middle can run round 1st person then kick in the UAV to aid hill/corner fighting if we choose providing we could spare the module slot.

How can more options be bad so long as they are balanced?

#850 Alois Hammer

• 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 21 March 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

No you are out of your mind most became founders because they thought MWO was going to be come BT 3025 or a Better MW4.

Seriously, what's with the asshat "Massive mural every post" schtick?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users