Replay Theatre Or 3Rd Person

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Would you prefer 3rd person or a replay theatre? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

3PV or replay theatre?

1. I would rather have 3pv instead of a replay theatre (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. I would rather have a replay theatre instead of 3PV (5 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

3. I would like to have both (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I only want 3PV so I can SEE my mech, I would prefer a replay theatre (2 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote

#1 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

Just trying to satisfy my curiousity here.

PGI has stated they will be adding 3pv as the people opposed to it are only a "Narrow demographic of potential players" they seem to of missed the point that battletech and Mechwarrior IS a VERY narrow demographic of ALL gamers, to keep them happy youll have to do CoD with mechs... at which point you've borked the game for the very people you have made it for

ANYWAY personal feelings aside.

It seems they've missed a trick in that I reckon the VAST majority of those who support or do not mind 3pv implementation are only asking for it because they wish to see their hulking death machine doing its thing in, well, the "third person"

Now PGI seems to think adding 3PV will suddenly see a group of people join the game who otherwise wouldn't without it. It's a foolish standpoint as anyone who dosn't enjoy the game in FPV is extremely unlikely to suddenly start enjoying it with a new viewmode... it's moronic to be frank.

so, in summary, to hell with the opinion of the core group of players for a cult franchise, they need more players and see 3pv as a way to get them.

I propose putting 3PV on the back burner as a waste of time and effort for VERY LITTLE gain (Seriously guys, who do you think will say, Oh I'll play that now it has 3rd person!... not happening) And instead devoting efforts to making a quality replay theatre, something similiar to BF2's Battlerecorder.
There isn't a man alive who dosn't want to see their mech in battle from the third person yet out of those there's an arseload who do not want the only option be to actually have to play it in 3rd person.

Adding a theatre would see a massive influx of gaming videos and there are some very good hobbiests out there who will slave for hours or days making videos for MWO like they already do, think if they had the tools to make some really good stuff.
there are already guys making weekly videos and there's "The Remnant Holovids" which are outstanding to see.

As far as I can see the Option PGI has taken is the only one which is going to upset a LOT of people benefit very few people, inspire even fewer to play the game and has taken a lot of time and effort.

Battlerecorder in action... Who can say after watching that they don't feel inspired to play that game?

For gods sake guys you'll have a marketing and advertising department made up of hundreds of obsessive young upcoming video makers making fantastic adverts for you on a weekly basis!

/rant

Edit: Apologies if I sound opinionated, I dont mind 3PV as long as I don't have to go near it or have anything to do with it but I just see the results PGI are trying to gain being done in a far more effective way.

Also, that video has been up for the same amount of time as the Pretty Baby Marketing piece which was linked all over the shop.
It's only advertised on a single forum, made by a guy in his bedroom and is for a Mod of a game that's 6 years old... yet it has only 7,000 less views than the pretty baby preview, something's definately amiss there

Edited by Sadist Cain, 23 March 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#2 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

No love?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users