Lrm/srm Missiles A Joke Now.

64 replies to this topic

#61 Zakie Chan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

The only joke I see is the pilot running around in a Splatcat or boating LRMs with no secondary weapons.

Welcome to sanity. Where mechs no longer get instagibed by lolrms or johnny srm pants.

Edited by Zakie Chan, 22 March 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#62 MN03

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

I only want 1 change: Speed. Please increase it. I was range fighting an autocannon cat. It went something like this:
- I shoot
- Cat steps back
- Cat steps forward and shoots me/my direction
- I shoot
- Cat steps back.
- I move to a different target.

The speed is just painfully slow.

Edited by MN03, 22 March 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#63 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

The problem with homing NARC is that it is a bit too easy to use.

I want the thing to be hard to use, but once attached, it is pretty powerful. You better have a counter for the darn thing or hide in a cave. Thats why ECM is suppose to be powerful for defending the things that made LRMs scary. LRMs with no backup or support should only be providing just that, support. Unless your literally flying tons (pun intended) of LRMs at your target.

This is why smaller LRM launchers should be extremely efficient in their damage per ton but not overly damaging. They give smaller mechs a way to strike at overwhelming power from afar (like an Assault).

#64 Skyfaller

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostScratx, on 22 March 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

People got way too used to killing stuff easily with LRMs. :)

Not really. Its a matter of practicality.

For example, in a map I just came out of now, my quad LRM15+artemis,dual AMS, TAG & 5 med lasers stalker 5S flanked a Jagermech that was capping a resource station. His back was to me.

TAG.. lock... Fire with clear LOS. Range is 300m.

First volley hits as second volley is fired.

Jagermech's rear armor is slightly hurt. SLIGHTLY.

He backs off and looks to the sides as the 2nd volley hits. Again, damage is minimum. At this time I'm also firing my med lasers.

In less time than it takes for the third volley to launch, the jager is already inside 180m.

Problem: Damage is too low for the LRM to be a functional medium or short range weapon.

But.. LRM is LONG RANGE no? Yeppers.. but there's a problem too with that.

Another map earlier on. TAG a target at max TAG range, he hasnt seen me flanking him (the new map). I get lock.

I fire.

Half a second after I fire he looks around, sees my missiles and runs to cover.

Problem? The warning system.

Since the LRM is useless in mid to short range now I kept trying to fire in support of my team that was brawling... but firing at a single atlas all the remaining ammo (900 missiles worth) and hitting said atlas... he remained alive.

Problem? Its not the damage..its the low ammo per ton now.

Now that the LRM damage is reduced significantly it is only viable as a long range weapon where it has enough time to land multiple volleys. But due to short ammo and low damage there is not enough ammo in an assault mech to bring down another assault mech with it.

To fix this they simply need to remove the warning system, double the ammo per ton and decrease the heat a tiny amount to compensate.

Edited by Skyfaller, 22 March 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#65 Kahoumono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

I think the problem is not with the weapons but with the boating of weapons. I had a Treb3C with LRM15, ER PPC, 2 MLas and TAG, a pretty balanced build. 25 matches pre-hotfix I was doing close to an average of 500dmg per round, 25 matches post? I couldn't break 250 on average. Compare the results with my Raven2X running 2 LLas and SRM6. Pre and post, the 2X is doing over 400dmg per round. Lets not even consider the 3L.

Best fix to alleviate boating would be diminishing returns in dmg of stacked weapons or the geometric increase of heat output of stacked weapons fired within a 1-2 second interval. This would encourage balanced builds, spread out the damage so you don't get 6ppcs in one spot and most importantly introduce another layer of skill for weapon and heat managment.

Oops, I wanted to post this elsewhere but this point is still valid.

Edited by Kahoumono, 23 March 2013 - 03:36 PM.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users