Rare Battletech Miniature?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Grayseven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

So I was digging through some of my older, boxed up gaming things for our local game club convention's silent auction...

I ran across a miniature still in the blister pack I had gotten from an old computer game called the Crescent Hawks Inception.

This Phoenix Hawk LAM mech bears a molded insignia on the wings and legs and the blister pack says something along the lines of "Infocom Special" (I can't remember where I put the bloody thing again, so I can't find it right off hand).

Anyone who solved the game and sent in a card from the game listing the special mech you get at the end of the game got one of these so I don't know how rare these are.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to throw something in the auction that I should be holding on to.

#2 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

check ebay and see if any are on sale first.

#3 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

I have one from buying the original game as well, paint job on it came out quite nice, desert colors, use it for one of our units scout leaders. They are failry rare, someone getting into BT after the Crescent Hawk's Inception box was no longer available and who is a mech miniature collector would probably pay decent for it. If I didn;t have it I'd probably pay up to a couple hundred for it.

#4 Grayseven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

I checked ebay and didn't see any, which tells me a little. I did manage to find one that sold for $650 USD about 2 years ago while looking again after my original post...

I'm of two minds about this at this point, but I've seen enough to know it's not going into the silent auction.

#5 Devillin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 140 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTharkad, Standing Next to the Throne.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Yet another reason for me to create a time machine. I bought the game, but never really finished it.

Edited by Devillin, 26 March 2013 - 02:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users