Arm Lock Toggle

32 replies to this topic

Poll: Toggle arm-(un)lock (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support the OP's Suggestion?

1. Yes (109 votes [94.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.78%

2. No (5 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

3. abstain (1 votes [0.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

View PostFlapdrol, on 22 November 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

yeah, make toggle arm lock a toggle please, now it's a press and hold, which is annoying.

and maybe make tag toggleable while you're at it.

arm lock, tag, over-ride and throttle decay.

#22 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

would be nice.

#23 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

I would love to see a armlock toggle.
I nearly never use armlock so i can fire more flexible vs fast targets but i have 1 mech where i need armlock.
My Muromet have 3x UAC 3x MLaser and i would need 2 lasergrps and 2 balisticgrps to use the flexibility of the arm.
But i have problems with using more than 3 Grps so i make 1 Lasergrp and 1 Balisticgrp and need to hold the shift key the whole time to fire with armlock.
I also need a toggle for throttle decay because when i switch to my Locust he acelerate and stops faster than i can do it without throttle decay. Realy annoying to jump at the start in the options to change it...

Sooo a clear yes to Armlock and throttle decay toggle!

edit: Also a yes to Tag toggle! ^^

Edited by Degalus, 23 November 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#24 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostHauser, on 22 March 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Update: You can now toggle your arm lock using a autohotkey script! See post #9.

----

I would like to see that arm lock can be toggled next to the current option of push-to-(un)lock.

I think arm lock is a nice feature when lining up a shot but I prefer to have them unlocked most of the time. When I'm piloting a HBK-4P there are time when I'm tracking, or looking around and having the arms unlocked is great. There are also moments in which I need all lasers to hit the same spot and not have the arms dragging ahead. This is the moment I lock my arms.

Now this presents me with a problem. When I'm holding down the shift key, I can't effectively turn and throttle my mech. These are the things I do have to do when brawling.
Having the option to toggle my arm lock, rather then push-to-(un)lock would solve this for me.

(I could of course go out and buy an expensive mouse with a few thumb buttons, but even then I'd probably like it to be a toggle).

Even if you buy an expensive gaming mouse the software may not toggle the key correctly, so you still have to find a work around for the software. As an owner of expensive gaming mouse and keyboard from different manufacturers, some software is easier to use than others. This function should be an in game option in my opinion, and a toggle option for every weapon group ( I put TAG in group 6, but that doesn't mean it isn't 1 for somebody else). Maybe arm/torso lock could be programed so that if I press the key it's toggled, but if I hold it it's temporary. Second suggestion that if [Backspace] toggles chain fire for weapons [=] key toggles Toggle for the selected weapon group.

Edited by MrBlonde42, 23 November 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#25 TPrty

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

It would also be nice if the devs learned english and didn't name the current option as "toggle" when it is anything but.

Bump

#26 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

PGI should allow arm lock to be set on a per mech basis, rather than a single global setting for all mechs.

#27 P Hocto

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

BUMP! We need an Arm Lock toggle button. I hate having to go into settings every time I want to use a different mech, one that I prefer with a different Arm Lock setting. Cheers!

#28 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

hmmm, I dunno. Toggles are OP. Why would anyone want to toggle arm-lock on and off anyway?

Okay, just having a little fun with PGI's lack of obvious Toggles. TAG, Zoom, Arm Lock to name a few. Players just make Macros, but that's not what you want. You want the obvious Toggles.

#29 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

That would be a yes.

#30 Chr1701

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

Yes. Please allow us to toggle the arms lock. Thank you.

#31 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:36 AM

Don't see why this wasn't default there are times I get tired of holding the button.

#32 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:38 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 31 July 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

Don't see why this wasn't default there are times I get tired of holding the button.

Uhhhhhh my guy this thread is from 2013? I'm sure you're aware of the option that's now available in the keybinds menu to set up arm lock toggling??

#33 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:47 PM

View PostMister Maf, on 04 August 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Uhhhhhh my guy this thread is from 2013? I'm sure you're aware of the option that's now available in the keybinds menu to set up arm lock toggling??
as far as I can tell it's not toggle, because I stil have to hold the key in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users