Srm Thoughts

23 replies to this topic

#1 VitaminAcid

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

i think the SRM was a pretty big nerf IMO, i cant even kill a jagermech with 5 srm6s with artimis on my stalker before he kills me, it takes 4 alphas to even core him when im standing 100m away. i just feel useless now with it. i think 2 damage per missile would be better, its still a nerf from what it was but i just feel its to weak now.

#2 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

seems in a fairly good place. maybe a minor buff.

same for LRMs but they need to look at missile spread first.

Edited by Tennex, 22 March 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#3 zverofaust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Stop trying to use SRMs at the edge of their max range and expecting them to still be wonderweapons. At 30 meters or less, 5xSRM6 will instakill a Jag.

#4 VitaminAcid

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

View Postzverofaust, on 22 March 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Stop trying to use SRMs at the edge of their max range and expecting them to still be wonderweapons. At 30 meters or less, 5xSRM6 will instakill a Jag.

100m is maximum range? im 100% sure 270 is. 100m is fairly close. and 45 damage will not insta kill a jager, but hey you believe what you want

Edited by VitaminAcid, 22 March 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#5 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Could do a little more damage for the heat, don't use many srms though.

Edited by Rayzor, 22 March 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#6 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Seems like something between what they have now and what they had a couple of weeks ago would be about right.

#7 VitaminAcid

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 22 March 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Seems like something between what they have now and what they had a couple of weeks ago would be about right.

i think they were fine before the splash damage bug, but im also biased towards it cause ive ran this build for like a month. ive never had a problem with it till now.

#8 K0M3D14N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

TBH, I do just fine with my SRM 6s on my Commando. I just scream past and shotgun them with an Alpha strike at almost point-blank range.

#9 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

they should try the so called TT values of 1 for LRMs and 2 for SRMs

#10 Jerod Drekmor

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWest side of Iron Curtain

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

So now you have to work for your kill with srms?....Welcome to real world.

When I be back from work, Ill try to post screen shot from game when 2 splat cats toped dmg/kill chart with 900dmg.....

#11 VitaminAcid

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostJerod Drekmor, on 22 March 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

So now you have to work for your kill with srms?....Welcome to real world.

When I be back from work, Ill try to post screen shot from game when 2 splat cats toped dmg/kill chart with 900dmg.....

i understand it shouldnt be an instagib, i didnt say it should be like that. but 4 alphas to a mechs face should atleast core him.

#12 Memowolf

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Last week it was too much damage. This week it is too little. I guess complaining is a big part of the game :P . Seriously, I rely a lot on SRMs as secondary weapons and several of my mechs have LRMs but I guess it is a blancing act. If I get instakilled by 5xERPPC I wont go out screaming bloody murder but rather stop charging in my mech until I can ***** the situation better. (I still hate it when UA/C 5 or ERPPCs rip through my endosteel armor).

#13 Myc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPoDunk, IL

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

I use SRMs religiously. I loved them before the nerf. I love them now. The first game I played after the nerf I used my X-5, which has 2 med lasers and 2 SRM 6 with 4 tons of ammo. I took the arms off of 2 Catapult k2's in no time. I ended the match with 2 kills and 2 assists. I wouldn't mind them doing a little more damage, as they are my favorite weapon, but I will use them how they are.

#14 VitaminAcid

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostMemowolf, on 22 March 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Last week it was too much damage. This week it is too little. I guess complaining is a big part of the game :P . Seriously, I rely a lot on SRMs as secondary weapons and several of my mechs have LRMs but I guess it is a blancing act. If I get instakilled by 5xERPPC I wont go out screaming bloody murder but rather stop charging in my mech until I can ***** the situation better. (I still hate it when UA/C 5 or ERPPCs rip through my endosteel armor).

i dont do a lot of complaining, i think they were to much before, but i find my self frustrating that i cant kill a heavy when hes staring me down in my face.

#15 Jerod Drekmor

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWest side of Iron Curtain

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostVitaminAcid, on 22 March 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

i understand it shouldnt be an instagib, i didnt say it should be like that. but 4 alphas to a mechs face should atleast core him.

Im not missile user myself but srm6 have quite big spread....so maybe 100m without artemis isnt close enough, and not all hit?

#16 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

It's a 3+1 ton weapon that does 9 damage and fairly low heat. It's still pretty efficient. The damage on SRMs and LRMs in previous patches were too high for the heat, weight, and crit slot costs to the point that the SRM6/4 has become the primary brawling weapon and you just build the rest of the hard points around it.

#17 VitaminAcid

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostJerod Drekmor, on 22 March 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Im not missile user myself but srm6 have quite big spread....so maybe 100m without artemis isnt close enough, and not all hit?

i use 5 srms with artimis, not just plain srm 6s

View PostElizander, on 22 March 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

It's a 3+1 ton weapon that does 9 damage and fairly low heat. It's still pretty efficient. The damage on SRMs and LRMs in previous patches were too high for the heat, weight, and crit slot costs to the point that the SRM6/4 has become the primary brawling weapon and you just build the rest of the hard points around it.

im not saying revert it to what it was, i just think a little increase would be nice, maybe 2, or 1.8

#18 Arcadian Xero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

I have been running the same DDC Atlas build (with a few tweaks with new tech implementations) since June. I am now saddened with how much weaker it is and have considered mothballing it.

They went a LITTLE too far with their SRM nerf. Due to a computer issue I haven't played since the horrendous damage bug that made missiles ridiculous, but two weeks ago they were fine, and now they are not. This needs to be rectified.

View Postzverofaust, on 22 March 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

You clearly did not see the part where he mentioned Artemis, or you have never used SRMs with Artemis. You can hit center mass reliably from 150 meters with Artemis SRMs.

Edited by Arcadian Xero, 22 March 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#19 Memowolf

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

I was joking a bit VitaminAcid. My Atlas has an AC20 with 3 SRM6 for support and I still get pretty decent kills. I tried usind 4 SRMs in my CAT but I could never do kills, only lots of damage because of spread. I now put in a big gun and combine it with the SRM 6 for a decent damage and kill ratio in games.

The only weapon damage nobody compalins about is machine gun :P . I can rattle a machine gun all game long at someone and basically do nothing to him.

#20 VitaminAcid

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostMemowolf, on 22 March 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

I was joking a bit VitaminAcid. My Atlas has an AC20 with 3 SRM6 for support and I still get pretty decent kills. I tried usind 4 SRMs in my CAT but I could never do kills, only lots of damage because of spread. I now put in a big gun and combine it with the SRM 6 for a decent damage and kill ratio in games.

The only weapon damage nobody compalins about is machine gun :P . I can rattle a machine gun all game long at someone and basically do nothing to him.

i would love to run the ddc, but i cant stand how slow atlases move lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users