Multiple Functions To One Key?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

I've been wondering if it's possible to have more than one action bound to same keypress. For example, both toggle arm lock and freelook on right mouse. Doesn't seem to be possible in options and I'm not familiar with this engine so I thought it'd be better ask before I try to mess with the xml files.

#2 Duncan Longwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

I have it mapped through the razer synapse software, I don't think it's possible in-game though.

#3 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

I don't think the xml config file can combine actions, it's merely a key / value pair. It's not designed to carry out commands, only provide "values" that are needed.

What you want is covered under the keyboard macro universe. Press 1 key, send 2 or more distinct keyboard key actions.

#4 Phaesphoros

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

After the introduction of throttle decay (and num pad throttle control) I had two actions mapped to the num pad 0 key (one manually set before patch, one mapped by patch). So it's possible, but not via settings UI.

Edited by Phaesphoros, 05 April 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#5 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostPhaesphoros, on 05 April 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

After the introduction of throttle decay (and num pad throttle control) I had two actions mapped to the num pad 0 key (one manually set before patch, one mapped by patch). So it's possible, but not via settings UI.

You mean like two lines in the config for the same button, but mapped to different actions? and you pressed the button and it activated both?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users