#1 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Soooooo while the video games write off the LBX as "just a shotgun," back in the board game, you could select between two ammo types each time it's fired.

I can only assume we don't have the table top version for one or two reasons: a) That's the way it's always been done on PC, or b ) @%#$ Ammo Selectors: How do they work?

I'm not a fan of "a" as a rational, but I get the user interface issue.

Let me suggest you map (or let be mapped) the ctrl, alt, or shift to switch the ammo type for the LBX: When pressed, the LBX fire cluster when the trigger is pulled; Unpressed, the LBX will fire (the much needed) slug ammo.

OK, Yeah: You wind up coding it look like the Arm Lock, so the default ammo can be mapped to cluster, but I think this would be better for the user then letting "ammo choice as a weapons listing" make a mini-game out of setting ones' weapons groups …

I guess someone might come along and want to fire one of each ammo from some stereo load out. Posted Image

Edited by Goose, 24 March 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#2 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

"I can only assume we don't have the table top version for one or two reasons: a) That's the way it's always been done on PC, or b ) @%#$ Ammo Selectors: How do they work?"

It's probably more toward option {b}, with the caveat of making it work specifically for the version of CryEngine that they're using.

In fact, they announced back in Ask the Devs 10 that there were plans for the LB-X series to have both slug and cluster rounds, and they made a similar, yet implied to be broader, statement regarding alternate ammo types in general in Ask the Devs 17.

Q: WIll we be able to switch between cluster ammo and slugs with LB-X autocannons? [DerMaulwurf]
A: We plan to have this functionality eventually, but currently it is not available. Who doesn't want lots of different Ammo types, right? [GARTH]

Q: Will alternate ammunition like Inferno missiles be available for missile systems and autocannons? [Solis Obscuri]
A: I believe this is the third time I'll have answered this, but yes, there will be alternate ammunition sources at some point, though they'll be later in development. [Garth]

Edited by Strum Wealh, 24 March 2013 - 02:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users