How Do You Not Get Paired With Stand And Camps

8 replies to this topic

#1 pvpQQ

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

This is not a an egotistical thread.

My pilot skill is for - some reason or another is - not landing me on teams that are competent.

Match making continually places a team a morron mode STAND AND CAMP pilots versus well organize focus fire cooridinated groups. Not familiar with what stand and camp means? Its team mates who get to a ridge / corner, and STAND taking pot shots, all right next to other, stammering back and forth.

I continually get 2-3 kills a match, while doing over 50% of total team damage.
Sure, seldomly there are teams that acutally coordinate, but they're few and far and inbetween.

The comptetitive match making PUB experience ******* BLOWS. You can't pair Moron Mode idiots with players who are advanced, and attempt to create matches based on these statistics - its frustrating to all parties.

Please share your PUB match making story here so the developers can improve the experience.

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Sounds like the PVP is making you QQ? :(

#3 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Don't solo pub if incompetent teams bother you enough to ragepost.

#4 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

The simple fact is that unless you are in 8 mans, you will ALWAYS have either bad players, or bad builds on your team. That machine gun Spider/Cicada has to get their exp somewhere, and it WON'T be in 8 mans. Welcome to the team. :(

#5 Accursed Richards

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Do you suggest an alternative strategy?

#6 pvpQQ

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

I pretty much take the Commander chair each game. Guide attack strategy and use the battle map extensively. Most of the time, players still STAND and CAMP. Its saddening to see the experience like this. I guess its time to find a Clan and play better.

#7 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Probably because PUGs are trying to get some long range damage in before they get ECM *****.

#8 Lorcan Lladd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

OP, you need to make the tactics and strategies of puggers work in your favor; if they're not playing an aggressive game, they will not support your assault.
Your choices are to switch into a defensive position and quickly take out any enemy 'Mechs trying to assault your team or try to lead some of the enemy 'Mechs into the rest of your team in a more active role.

Consider playing a CTF-3D jump sniper, which is good at long range, extended engagements in which your team plays defensively.

View PostXtrekker, on 24 March 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Probably because PUGs are trying to get some long range damage in before they get ECM *****.

This.

ECM screws up with the tactical awareness of puggers as they depend upon targeting and radar data to determine the position of friendly and hostile units.
Though they could theoretically use text chat to relay their own position as well as that of a ECM-capable enemy 'Mech, most puggers don't communicate at all during a match and the text chat function itself is poorly implemented in MWO, not to mention the difficulty of communicating through text in the middle of a firefight.

They find it risky to play an aggressive game as they will often vanish from the radar and be completely cut off from the rest of their team once they run into a ECM 'Mech.

The rest of team usually fails to assist them even as a friendly signature disappears from their minimap.
As a result, puggers learn to play a long-ranged game of attrition - a camping game.

Edited by Lorcan Lladd, 24 March 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#9 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostXtrekker, on 24 March 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Bullets, LL and PPC are immune to ECM. Just saying. I kill lights with little effort in my Cataphract. I even drop with a guy that got 2 3L kills in a game with a streakcat of all things. Hardest thing he ever did but the shame those pilots must have felt would have been awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users