Ladder League Support

9 replies to this topic

#1 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

to the Devs

Hi, I'm curious about the game types you have planned for MWO and what kind of server set up is the game going to have. I ask these things because I am currently the Director of Compitition for MechWarroir Leagues, aka MWL (www.mechwarriorleagues.com). I'm interested in supporting your game at MWL if the game is able to be supported in a ladder league format. MWL also has a basic Planetary League, Duelist League, and Solaris league (just like MW4 Mercenaries single player solaris campaign).

#2 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

bump back to top so hopefully a Dev sees this and answers

Edited by Barbaric Soul, 08 November 2011 - 06:05 AM.

#3 Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

Too this question is interesting to me

#4 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:30 AM

Lets' try again, another bump.

#5 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:51 AM

Since this is a F2P game, we'll be handling all of the server aspects. Our software is designed to run and scale with very large loads, not unlike an MMO. We also want to control the quality of experience, and prevent hacks. We'll get into details about our community in the upcoming months.

#6 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Will you be allowing us(the players) to be able to set up private games that could be used for league matches?

Edited by Barbaric Soul, 09 November 2011 - 10:49 AM.

#7 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

View PostBarbaric Soul, on 09 November 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Will you be allowing us(the players) to be able to set up private games that could be used for league matches?

Bryan Ekman are you able and or willing to respond to the question quoted above?

#8 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

We haven't ironed out 100% how we're handling private aka non-ranked matches yet.

#9 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

Well MWL was ok But the 24/7 League's on the MSN gamming zone were much more fun in my opinion you could come online chat to your teammates chat to other teams and set up game play instantly no i will email you my answer stuff which made it boring . You could just hop on the MSNgammingzone do a instant 1v1-12v12 and go report it on the league website you were playing in.The massive chat and social aspect of the MSNgammingzone alone brought in 100000 a night between MW3-MW4mercs.Players that had just come online were introduced into a League atmosphere instantly. :)

#10 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:18 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 10 November 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

We haven't ironed out 100% how we're handling private aka non-ranked matches yet.

Thank you again for the response. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. I have extensive experience with MW4 and ladder, duelist, solaris, and planetary leagues.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users