War of the Roses

3 replies to this topic

#1 Gamgee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationCanadia's Royal Reservation

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

So who else is interested in playing this game? Or is everyone here just interested in stomping around in mechs (understandable). I'm honestly curious to see how it will hold up to Mount and Blade Warband. I'm hoping it has a diverse set of weapons, not a big fan of swords in games like this. Not that there are many. Anyone have a prefered ye olde weapon? Or is MechWarrior going to be keeping you busy for the forseeable future? At any rate if anyone wants to see what it looks like here is a link to the beta.

Edited by Gamgee, 09 July 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#2 CmdrSpider

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

Wow not really sure where your coming from. If I remember correctly the "War of the Roses" lasted 22 years so if we last that long that would be legendary. Or perhaps your talking about the battle that was rage on between the factions, well that would fit here. But weapons come in Missiles, Auto Cannon, and Energy flavors along with an Axe or Hatchet for flavor. If your not a prior fan to Battletech/Mechwarrior I think your going to be pleasantly surprised how busy your going to be with this game. But combat in gigantic mechs is the name of the game, enjoy.

#3 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

I sense a tremor of the force, as in lightly colored advertisement for another game.

#4 Gamgee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationCanadia's Royal Reservation

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

View PostBongo TauKat Talasko, on 09 July 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

I sense a tremor of the force, as in lightly colored advertisement for another game.

If I refer 5 people I can get a guranteed invite, that's as far as it goes really. I'm an honest person, just want to play in the beta. Surely you can understand unless your one of the few lucky enough not to have to see that pending every time you sign on to the forums. :) So who knows, I might get in to this beta if I get a little help.

Despite all of this, it doesn't stop it from looking like an interesting game. The one thing that bothered me about M&B is that they made the whole damn game feel so unrealistic in terms of speed. I felt like I was some sort of slug rolling accross the grounds. Not to mention this game looks better (always a bonus), though I hear the battles at first wont be as large as in M&B.

I've played some MechAssault, and seen older MW footage. So I know the two had little to do with each other. Honestly playing MA back in the day when I was younger I wanted a simulatorish game in said universe. I never knew there was an entire series like that. Then here I am, now eagerly waiting my beta. I'll have founders this week too if paypal hurries up. Though I'll likely miss the next wave of invites on the 10th, unless I get super lucky and just get inivted regularily anyways. Not that founder gurantees getting in, but it wouldn't hurt my chances.

Edited by Gamgee, 09 July 2012 - 06:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users