5 replies to this topic

#1 Pakidis79

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

Greetings. I would like to first and foremost thank the developers for bringing the first MW game in a WHILE and that it is being done VERY well and with, IMHO, great care. Thank-you. Some things I have noticed in my last week and a half are:
1. My sidewinder joystick (yeah, i have a working one) is not working properly in regards to torso twisting and mech turning. The twisting of the controller, which is usually the torso twist, is turning the mech and the leaning of the controller, usually the turn function, is doing the torso twist. I know that changing this in the game software would cause a problem with other control interfaces most likely, but how about a way to swap the 2 in the options. Seems like that would be fairly simple to implement and would fix most issues with controls.
2. Also, I have a logitech trackball wireless mouse and my 2 shoulder buttons are not working in game. I have been unable to resolve this issue anywhere. They work in DC Universe Online, windows and other games, but they dont even register as an input with MWO. Not sure the issue here so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Again, thanks for the hard work and what is looking like and shaping to be an amazing game.

#2 Pakidis79

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

Anything...anything at all...

#3 DrNick

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hi Pak

I use an old Sidewinder joystick. In the options section, I mapped the analog turn function to the x axis and the torso twist function to the z axis of the joystick. You've already done this and still not working correctly?

As far as the trackball controller, can't help you on that one.

#4 Pakidis79

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostDrNick, on 26 March 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Hi Pak

I use an old Sidewinder joystick. In the options section, I mapped the analog turn function to the x axis and the torso twist function to the z axis of the joystick. You've already done this and still not working correctly?

As far as the trackball controller, can't help you on that one.

I thought i tried that, but maybe I goofed it up...Ill try it again this evening and see if it works. Do you like the sidewinder on MWO or is keyboard and mouse better?

#5 DrNick

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

It is an old MS force feedback 2, and I love the fact that I can use it for this game. More than likely you will find that your accuracy improves if you use the mouse at least for aiming, but when you're as bad a shot as I am, the difference isn't enough to make me change.

Which sidewinder are you using? Mine (the force feedback 2) has a USB connection. Some of the older variants have a game port connection, and I don't know how they fare in this game.

#6 Pakidis79

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostDrNick, on 27 March 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

It is an old MS force feedback 2, and I love the fact that I can use it for this game. More than likely you will find that your accuracy improves if you use the mouse at least for aiming, but when you're as bad a shot as I am, the difference isn't enough to make me change.

Which sidewinder are you using? Mine (the force feedback 2) has a USB connection. Some of the older variants have a game port connection, and I don't know how they fare in this game.

Its an older one that I have the USB adapter for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users