38 replies to this topic

#1 Bad Karma1775

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationHouma, LA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

So I have tried many times to contact the staff here on the forums in regards to putting together a tournament for 8 mans to try and increase the population and to support a good cause. I have yet to hear a response in over a week now.
I am putting up $4k of my own money to have a season long league where the 1st place price is 3k. The only entry fee: Donation to the Wounded Warriors Program. I was trying to work with PGI and get their permission to use the game but no one even responded. The entry fee is tax deductible, helps out my fellow disabled veterans, and adds a new dynamic to the game.

Very unfortunate so far. There was no downside to PGI as it would be great PR and they would have no investment in it yet more people would join.

If PGI got behind this would you find an 8 man team to join and play? There would be two tiers. Those that are here for fun and would be eligible for a 1k prize and then the more serious competitors for 3k.

Yes I understand not everyone belongs to a team of 8 but I think this would help units recruit in order to fill 8 man teams. It would increase the social aspect of the game and make it much more interesting.

I am sure someone will have something to ***** about it but my unit is 100% behind me on this one and believes in the Wounded Warriors program. I would love to see how many people would be on board with this.

Anyways thanks for reading.
Bad Karma - a lucky to be member of the Blackstone Knights.

Edited by Bad Karma1775, 27 March 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#2 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

I'd get behind it. Granted, I'd have to vet the authenticity of it before I put any actual money behind the program.

#3 Phalanx100bc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'd be down sure. You have to understand that in the corporate world, things like this (even being for a good cause) are sources of liability for a company who at this stage can't afford to be sued for any reason.

So many things can go wrong and usually a third party competent in these fund-raising events are hired to relieve the company of any liability yet they still can put thier name on the event.

This of course in itself takes time and money which are commodities that I'm sure are already delgated within PGI.

I hope PGI will take the time to answer you honestly instead of " sound like a great idea/cause" and you never hear back from them.

#4 von Pilsner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

Wow, I support this!

#5 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

I dont want to support any real war!
Some of then were based on lies (Weapons of mass destruction anyone?), most were not needed.

Lets tell you about Afghanistan, the german Bundeswehr were there, building bridges, schools and wells.
Then they were talked into taking part as fighting force, at this moment the first coffins came home ....
Whats with the land? 20 years long the russians tried it, then the us, then the euros ....
I think a few more wells and schools would helped them and us more then this ****.

Thats a clear NO from me!

Edited by Galenit, 27 March 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#6 Angus McBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 611 posts
  • LocationA little to your left.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostGalenit, on 27 March 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Some of then were based on lies (Weapons of mass destruction anyone?), most were not needed.

Lets tell you about Afghanistan, the german Bundeswehr were there, building bridges, schools and wells.
Then they were talked in taking part as fighting force, at this moment the first coffins came home ....
Whats with the land? 20 years long the russians tried it, then the us, then the euros ....
I think a few more wells and schools would helped them and us more then this ****.

LOL, this is amusing. Anyway, I'd totally support this kind of thing. Hopefully, you can get this worked out.

#7 Phalanx100bc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Then they were talked in taking part as fighting force, at this moment the first coffins came home ....

Actually this program is to help working class people ( and thats what soldiers are ) who are fkd for life and have been shafted by the Military/Government/Veterans Programs.....becuase they are seen as disposable.

Now do you get it?

Edited by Phalanx100bc, 27 March 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#8 Evilbunny

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 49 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

The only problem I'd see is they are just now starting the single player tournies. 8 man and 4 man tournaments might not be a possibilty at this time. I'd suggest contacting them and more importantly the charity and see if they want to be associated with something like this. The charities that work with wargames.net are approached and deals are worked out between them. There is also one last thing to realize and this is the deal breaker for most gaming companies and publishers, the CASH prize. They may have to be liscensed to operate that type of tournament, and it does limit the player base to the US and Canada.

#9 V3kter

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

I absolutly love where your heart is on this karma, it is very commendable and an issue people dont care enough about. First let me just give you some background on me so that you know I am not blowing smoke up your a$#. With full disclosure I am Medically Retired SGT. Sean Bedingfield I did 6 great (and ultimately suckfest filled ) years with the Armys' !st Battaltion 26th Infantry Regiment "Blue Spaders" 3rd Brigade 1st Infantry Division now out of FT. Knox KY. During my deployment in 08-09 in the Kunar Province of Afghanistan I was held up on a small 30 man outpost known as COP Seray, during which time we were involved in over 180 direct fire engagements with the Taliban, in the middle of all that I was hit with shrapnel from a .50 caliber russian machine gun and had more than my fair share of long range ordinance explode next to me. Which brings me to my current situation I was thrown into the WTU or Warrior transition unit before my unit deployed again to afghanistan a little over a year later. My time spent there woke me up to the Armys' reality of poeple faking the funk to get paid, I was thrown in with reservist and National guard non combat types with non combat injuries. Me being only 1 of 2 in my platoon with a purple heart , which was enraging seeing as alot of Wounded Warrior Program funding went into the WTU and the only people who really using it to go on trips and all sorts of craziness were the non deployed E7's with carpel tunnel and other non combat wounded types. Not that i believe the wounded warrior program is crap it just has its money going to alot of the wrong people is all Thank you for reading.

#10 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostPhalanx100bc, on 27 March 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Now do you get it?

He probably won't because he apparently doesn't understand that it's possible to support handicapped people and still be against the war. This is because soldiers often get lumped in with the politicians who decided to pick a fight in the first place.

#11 Angus McBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostGalenit, on 27 March 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

Noone forced them to do this work. They know the risk. They could look back on the vets from wars like vietnam and know whats their futur ...
Sorry, they choose it.

Yeah! Let's get rid of all the military and all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya! :)

#12 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

Noone forced them to do this work. They know the risk. They could look back on the vets from wars like vietnam and know whats their futur ...
Sorry, they choose it.

So by that logic, we shouldn't support firefighters who get wounded while doing their duty. Hey, they knew the risks, nobody forced them to be a firefighter, they chose to be one.

Edited by Signal27, 27 March 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#13 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostAngus McBeef, on 27 March 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Yeah! Let's get rid of all the military and all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya! :)

Did i say that?
I just say if you choose a job, you should know the risks.
And there is no other job with that risk, that are known for over thousands of years.

Is there a floor allergy program for bakers anywhere?

Edited by Galenit, 27 March 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#14 Draxyl Icharu

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Then they were talked into taking part as fighting force, at this moment the first coffins came home ....

Well, that didn't take long. This thread will go downhill fast, unfortunately. This is why we can't have nice things. OP, as a military veteran myself, you've got my support!

#15 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

Sorry, they choose it.

You are an ***** without the faintest notion of how the world works.

So am I.

When I have all the answers, then I'll allow myself to look down my nose at someone else's choices.

When all the answers are clear, then you can blame someone for not thinking something all the way through.

You are the worst kind of anti-war tool (and I am an anti-war tool.)

#16 Evilbunny

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 49 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

Sorry, they choose it.

You're right no one force me to join the military. I did so out of free will to defend cetain inalienable rights all humans are entitled to have without restriction. I did it to serve something other than myself. It was my choice. Did I choose to get the injuries I received as well? No.

#17 Angus McBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostGalenit, on 27 March 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Did i say that?
And there is no other job with that risk, that are known for over thousands of years.

You're not going to get much support for your asinine ideas here. Go find a hippie commune somewhere.

#18 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostGalenit, on 27 March 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Did i say that?

I see where you're coming from now: Screw all people who have the audacity to get hurt while doing their jobs, whatever that job may be. Glad we cleared that up.

#19 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Count me in, I'm sure many other current / past veterans will back you up on this one, right Murphys??? lol

#20 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

then how about you stop supporting the politicians and buisnesses that make them happen? instead of hating and being against those who are being forced to fight and die for it.

THEY arent the ones choosing to fight a war, they chose to be resposnible for protecting the rights and freedoms of the people of the US.

so sick of blindness when it comes to "wars" the solders are just the tool, you rant and rage about them yet you keep bending over for the politicans and buisness that are causing the wars? blind much?

also if we had ZERO army or military how long do you think we would remain a free country? lol whats the travel time on a intercontinental missle? id say about 30 seconds longer than that.

Edited by Ph30nix, 27 March 2013 - 08:36 AM.

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 24 guests, 0 anonymous users