#21 Angus McBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 611 posts
  • LocationA little to your left.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostPh30nix, on 27 March 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

then how about you stop supporting the politicians and buisnesses that make them happen? instead of hating and being against those who are being forced to fight and die for it.

THEY arent the ones choosing to fight a war, they chose to be resposnible for protecting the rights and freedoms of the people of the US.

so sick of blindness when it comes to "wars" the solders are just the tool, you rant and rage about them yet you keep bending over for the politicans and buisness that are causing the wars? blind much?

You can't fix stupid, unfortunately. There will always be people like this.

#22 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostSignal27, on 27 March 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

So by that logic, we shouldn't support firefighters who get wounded while doing their duty. Hey, they knew the risks, nobody forced them to be a firefighter, they chose to be one.

Firefighters in germany are in the "Feuerwehr-Unfallkasse" thats a mandatory, paid by the country, insurance.

#23 Evilbunny

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 49 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

After seeing this and getting worked up by an *****. I'm for this more than before. Bad Karma1775 PM if you need help getting in contact with some Charities. The DAV is who I normally work with for my volonteer stuff. I might be able to halp put together a proposal to present to PGI.

#24 Phalanx100bc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 242 posts

Well before this gets locked.....

We all know we got lied into crap (Iraq).... and history since Alexander the Great, Ghenkis Kahn, The Indian Mughal Empire and onward showed us what a waste of time Afghanistan is.

Dosen't mean you can't have compassion for people who may never be able to work a job again or function fully in society.

Edited by Phalanx100bc, 27 March 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#25 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

View PostGalenit, on 27 March 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

Firefighters in germany are in the Feuerwehr-Unfallkasse; thats a mandatory, paid by the country, insurance.

But screw all the other firefighters from all the other countries who volunteered for it, right?

Edited by Signal27, 27 March 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#26 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Yes absolutely!

-k

#27 stoph

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostGalenit, on 27 March 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

I dont want to support any real war!
Some of then were based on lies (Weapons of mass destruction anyone?), most were not needed.

Lets tell you about Afghanistan, the german Bundeswehr were there, building bridges, schools and wells.
Then they were talked into taking part as fighting force, at this moment the first coffins came home ....
Whats with the land? 20 years long the russians tried it, then the us, then the euros ....
I think a few more wells and schools would helped them and us more then this ****.

Thats a clear NO from me!

Huge Troll and I did not know that members of the hate group Westboro Baptist Church would be playing MWO. Learn something new everyday. I'll likely see you on the opposite side of your next protest.

#28 Angus McBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

View Poststoph, on 27 March 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Huge Troll and I did not know that members of the hate group Westboro Baptist Church would be playing MWO. Learn something new everyday. I'll likely see you on the opposite side of your next protest.

Unless WBC has a German branch, he's just a regular misguided fool.

#29 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostPh30nix, on 27 March 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

THEY arent the ones choosing to fight a war, they chose to be resposnible for protecting the rights and freedoms of the people of the US.

Protect them from the weapons of mass destruction in iraq?
-------------------------

To all the vets:
My best wishes to you. You were used, you were abused and you are the ones that pay for it, not the ones that should pay.
Thats not ok.

#30 Angus McBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostGalenit, on 27 March 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

To all the vets:
My best wishes to you. You were used, you were abused and you are the ones that pay for it, not the ones that should pay.
Thats not ok.

...but you don't think anyone should help them. Hypocrite alert!

#31 Phalanx100bc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 242 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

There is probably a good reason German troops were delegated to nation building programs...

http://www.thedailyb...an-t-shoot.html

#32 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

PGI Devs being a canadian company might create obstacles with how they support Wounded Warrior.

#33 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostPhalanx100bc, on 27 March 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

There is probably a good reason German troops were delegated to nation building programs...

http://www.thedailyb...an-t-shoot.html

Attack the individual poster, not the country they are from. I'm pretty certain there are at least a few other Germans who would support wounded veterans.

Edited by Signal27, 27 March 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#34 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 March 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Ask the Devs #34

grayson marik: You said, "Private matches will be implemented, but not in a way players are probably thinking. We are still working out ways to make this feasible. No ETA." Have we ( the other league/tournament creators and me) wasted our time creating the stuff we created?

A: We plan to create and host a variety of tournaments, challenges, and official MWO league. At this time we are not sanctioning or encouraging players to create independent leagues.

From the latest Ask the Devs, this could be why you haven't got a timely response. Which is too bad because yours is a worthy cause.

That and because Garth was mentioning lately how many hundreds of emails he gets a day.

#35 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostDudeman3k, on 27 March 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Count me in, I'm sure many other current / past veterans will back you up on this one, right Murphys??? lol

DAMN SKIPPY, BROTHER!

@OP: I think it's safe to speak for all my brothers-in-arms that make up Murphy's Law (a military only gaming group) and openly support this or any other event that supports all current and former military personnel from any and all allied nations.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 27 March 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#36 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

So much off-topic nonsense about an obvious troll who should be banned by now.
OT:
This kind of thing would be really great for MWO, if you think you could get enough donations to make up for the 4k you're planning on spending on it (e.g., you need >4k to make it worth it, otherwise you could just make a donation yourself).

Try to be more diplomatic however; PGI has a lot on their plate and in their inbox and there are doubtless legal issues as well. Swearing is probably counterproductive, and respect gets respect.

#37 von Pilsner

• 1,043 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostDudeman3k, on 27 March 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

The military is not even close to the spending used on welfare. If you have enough energy to complain about military spending, what you really should be targeting is your student loan programs, low-income housing, and establishments like the red-cross.

Not according to: http://www.usgovernm...get_2012_4.html

But it seems like derailing the OP to try and make political points on this subject (this being a video game forum and all that...)

#38 Evilbunny

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 49 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

I know many in the German Navy who more than competant in their jobs. So please try to be the bigger person. His apology is too to matter to me atleast. Lets get back to showing some support to guys who really need it.

#39 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

As this has, for some strange reason, turned into a trolling thread of the OP, we'll be shutting this one down.

My apologies to the OP.

IGP, the publisher, handles most of the PR and would be the proper individuals to contact about this. If you would, please email support@mwomercs.com or you could also try and contact them via the http://infinitegamep....com/contact-us webpage.

As someone who , just yesterday, signed a deal to support House of Heroes here at Fort Benning, I salute your efforts.
Having contacted IGP in the past about a Childs Play Charity event, I know IGP is very interested in efforts like this.

Cheers.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users