6 replies to this topic

#1 BraveInsanity

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Hail fellow mechwarriors. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that have purchased all three variants of a specific mech and have unlocked damn near everything. My question is this: If you purchase your three variants, and unlock things in Elite, Master, Pilot Lab, etc, can you sell two of your variants off and still retain all the perks on your "main" mech? It seems a costly and risky thing to attempt, so I was hoping someone out there has taken that risk and can shed some light on the subject.

#2 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

I sold my CTF-2X, still have everything on my 4X and 1X. It also looks like you keep the unlocks even on mechs that you sell, in case you want to give them a second chance.

#3 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Yes, if you earn it, then sell it, you keep it. Only cautionary not is if you are not yet to Master and want Master on one, do not sell until you have the other two to elite (may want to hold on until the one you want is Mastered, but probably not necessary - will let others (all?) smarter than me opine on that)

#4 BraveInsanity

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Much obliged you two. Good to know.

#5 Saiyajin12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Also for the master unlock, you need only 3 fully elited mechs in the same weight class, as in 3 heavies of any kind for example. Doesn't have to be the same mech type. Not that it matters much imo, since the master unlock currently doesn't really tickle my fancy.

#6 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

Yes, you retain whatever perks both on the mech you have and the mech you sold. You only need to hold 3 of the same weight class to go for master, so there's no need to keep variants you really don't want after getting 3 of them to basic if you have other mechs in that weight class.

Personally though, I always master all three variants in a mech type before selling the useless ones. Call it completionism.

#7 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostHayashi, on 27 March 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Yes, you retain whatever perks both on the mech you have and the mech you sold. You only need to hold 3 of the same weight class to go for master, so there's no need to keep variants you really don't want after getting 3 of them to basic if you have other mechs in that weight class.

Personally though, I always master all three variants in a mech type before selling the useless ones. Call it completionism.

I do this too, but I rationalize it by saying that if something comes out (a new variant of an existing mech, or a new weapon that I want to try on a mech that I had previously mastered but sold) I can more easily master a new variant, or if I buy one that I have already mastered, all the perks are there for me to buy and go.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users