#1 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Okay. We won't be having player controlled Aerospace, but we will have air strikes right?

Now, the Jager is a capable mech, but its role can be better filled by the K2. Sure, Jager can run and XL to get AC 20's in the arms, but lets think about the arms. This is an AA mech and I don't mean the town drunk.

An AA mech should me able to shoot almost totally vertical above the mech. Right now the Jager has a TERRIBLE vertical rate. You cacn barely look up at cliffs or mechs jumping.

The Jager can ACTUALLY complete its role by being one of the only mechs able to reliably shoot jumping mechs at close range. BAM BAM GOES THE POP TARTS!

Also when airstrikes are in the game the grid coordinates with any enemy Jagers in them CANNOT have an air strike called. It's too risky due to their advanced radar system and fast tracking targeting computers.

We already have a few mechs with SLIGHT variations to communicate the use of Missile flap doors etc.

Not sure if the Centurion shield arm takes slightly less damage. If it doesn't It should.

WIth these changes it would give the Jager a fairly valuable niche role since it doesn't have jumpjets and is more vulnerable than the K2.

You know I'm right.

!DANCE FOR ME!

Edited by PANZERBUNNY, 27 March 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#2 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

It should have full 360 Degree rotation and a full vertical firing arc.

And it would be cool if AC/2's and AC/5's fired even faster, cuz they are AA guns.

#3 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 27 March 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

It should have full 360 Degree rotation and a full vertical firing arc.

And it would be cool if AC/2's and AC/5's fired even faster, cuz they are AA guns.

I wouldn't mind mech specific pilot tree skills and faster firing rate for the smaller AC guns would make sense.

I can probably think of a dozen new specialized pilot skills in those regards.

A spinning Jagermch torso would be fairly cool. Model is done right now. Who knows if it can even be done. At least they could tweak the arm values easy enough to breathe some life into this new mech.

Maybe they should save the 360 rotation for the Urbie.

Edited by PANZERBUNNY, 27 March 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#4 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

and my arm lock was on...it's arms don't have terrible vertical haha!

Oh geez,

#5 Gaan Cathal

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Posted Image

Pro

That said, good arm vertical/torso twist would be viable Jaeger perks for when it gets them. Fits the fluff nonsense fine, and would compensate ingame for the huge side torsos somewhat.

Edited by Gaan Cathal, 27 March 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#6 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Man. I've been playing locked since that update and didn't even notice....Awarness 101.

#7 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

I'm guessing the Jagermech is like the Rifleman and does NOT have 360 rotation. However, like the rifleman and all mechs without elbow/hand actuators, the arms are designed to flip over and fire behind the mech. (This would serve a similar function with AA deployment.) Also, the Jager, like the Rifleman, has the same Anti-air radar dish/tech on top that can help it attack aerospace, conventional fighters and VTOL's.

That said, I agree, the presence of a Jagermech should have SOME sort of effect on the deployment of said air support.

I doubt PGI would do that, though it would be a form of role warfare! Then again, as it is now people can throw money into the air and coolant will flow out of the ether into their mechs, so who knows. Maybe Jagermech pilots will be able to throw money into the air and the sky will fill up with barrage balloons.

#8 BloodyDziq

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

nice

#9 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

It should really be able to at least get those arms vertical if nothing else.

#10 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

I would rather see the devs finally implement select ammunition. Then give Ac-2 and Ac-5 a flak round. That way when you get the airstrike incoming warning you can switch to flack, look up and pepper the sky with rounds.

That said, looking up should be easier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users