• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hello there folks,

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but there have been issues with the HouseKurita.org website of late.

Mainly - it doesn't seem like anyone is maintaining the site anymore, dealing with forum requests, etc.

Problems of late:

1.) Since Omdra logged in on March 9th, NO requests for access to the Kurita-pilots-only forums have been answered and completed.

2.) The website redirect for the 2nd Arkab unit is going to an old, broken link. Despite a post in the "Website Suggestions and Support" forum, and not 1 but 2 Private message emails to the website owner (Paladin Brewer), this has not been corrected, and it has now been quite a few days (including at least 1 weekend) that nothing has been done.

3.) The Nekoryu-No Seishin (or Soul of the DragonCat) regiment has had a request in for a while now to get added to the Unit website redirects list. That has also not been answered

4.) Neither the 2nd Arkab Regiment nor the Nekoryu-No Seishin have been added to the forum post "Many Paths of the Dragon" in the ""General"" form, which lists the available units that new Kurita pilots can consider joining, even though the author of the post is well aware of BOTH units, considering he is the owner of the House Kurita Teamspeak and set up both units' senior officers with Moderator privileges.

This in spite of the fact that a reply to that post by the senior commander of the DragonCats asked for this to be corrected 3 days ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of which leaves me wondering - is there any point to www.HouseKurita.org any more?

Do we (as in the collective House Kurita pilots community) need to look into finding a new "House" website, and finding admins and moderators for that site who will actually maintain and update the site as necessary?

Or is this a temporary problem, and will get fixed sometime in the near future?

Frankly, it seems like more and more a waste of time for me to have my pilots register on that website, when it apparently serves no useful purpose.

Has anyone else noticed problems or had thoughts about this issue? I'm honestly curious, and hope that this is just a temporary issue.

Regards,
-Shahadet (Tai-sa, Arkab Legions, 2nd Legion)

#2 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

and the "best use of cbills by a house lord for an website assassin" award goes to....

#3 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

I haven't seen paladin in awhile. anyone?

#4 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostGeist Null, on 27 March 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

and the "best use of cbills by a house lord for an website assassin" award goes to....

Hey pink Power Ranger? Go find a mega-Zoid to chase in your own faction webforum. :)

#5 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

Even if the moderators of Housekurita.com are not active I'm not so certain there is a lot of need to set up another website. So far as I can tell the website only offered a few features:
  • Forums, which are redundant with these forums, and these are more accessible and easier to find for the average MWO Pilot.
  • A source of information about the lore and background of the house, it still serves as useful tool for this without needing to be updated.
  • Direct players to the Teamspeak server
  • Direct players to the websites of the active Draconis Combine Units.
Given how several players have been coming to these forums recently asking after a unit to join, we are perhaps better off simply maintaining a stickied "Paths of the Dragon" style thread on these forums that Links people to the Teamspeak and lists the active units along with links to their websites (and perhaps a short blurb about the unit) in a single place. Perhaps if we get really ambitious it could be update to point to Kurita events and sites with important lore as well... kinda a one stop shop for House Kurita info thread...

More I think about it, more this sounds like a good idea... anyone mind if I try and start up such a thread?

#6 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Speak with Assiah or Fate Aki from 1st Ghost on the HK TS3 server. They have some admin rights to the site and might have some insight as to what is going on.

#7 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Since I am not a mod, I can't really say, but Paladin has been busy lately. I'll send him a message.

#8 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

As Ikka said I've been pretty busy of late. I know I have work to do on the HK site, as well as the 9thSD site. Anyone in the 9th will tell you I havent even had time to drop for a long time ;) But the site isnt dead. I'll fix the 2nd Arkab thing in the next day or so (it's 3 am and pass out time for me or I'd do it now).

There certainly is no reason to create another website. If people aren't adding folks for access (not that access is even vaguely important right now), I will simply appoint new mods. I am also considering creating some Admins as well so I dont have to do every little tedious forum thing, though I may want to limit Admins to 1) Unit Leaders, and 2) people I have some familiarity with. This is for obvious reasons.

But no, I'm still here and breathing. Worst case I'll get to doing what needs to be done this weekend.

#9 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

I use the HK site mainly for the TS overlay. Have it open in a tab on my laptop so I can page back and see if there is anyone on the Kurita TS.

-k

#10 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

I am a HouseKurita.org member, and I never use their forum.

The house kurita teamspeak is doing just fine, and that's sufficient for me.

#11 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Not to argue semantics but it is not "their" forum it is "our" forum, EG everyone in House Kurita, that's what it was made for. No the forums do not have a whole lot of use right now, other than casual discussion about the game mechanics, mechs, etc. But that's because CW is still not here. Once CW rolls out Im sure there will be many changes on the forums it possible for unit leaders within the DCMS to coordinate attacks both easily and securely.

#12 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

1.) Since Omdra logged in on March 9th, NO requests for access to the Kurita-pilots-only forums have been answered and completed.

Fixed this by making the HK group Open for anyone to join, until CW hits anyway. No point in trying to moderate a group we technically can't moderate yet.

2.) The website redirect for the 2nd Arkab unit is going to an old, broken link. Despite a post in the "Website Suggestions and Support" forum, and not 1 but 2 Private message emails to the website owner (Paladin Brewer), this has not been corrected, and it has now been quite a few days (including at least 1 weekend) that nothing has been done.

This is now fixed.

3.) The Nekoryu-No Seishin (or Soul of the DragonCat) regiment has had a request in for a while now to get added to the Unit website redirects list. That has also not been answered

Given the admitted divided loyalities of this unit I'm not sure I can handle this request (as I posted in response). The website is made for House Kuritan loyalists, not people who will be mercs and not 100% dedicated to HK. I think I would have to confer with other HK unit leaders on this one.

4.) Neither the 2nd Arkab Regiment nor the Nekoryu-No Seishin have been added to the forum post "Many Paths of the Dragon" in the ""General"" form, which lists the available units that new Kurita pilots can consider joining, even though the author of the post is well aware of BOTH units, considering he is the owner of the House Kurita Teamspeak and set up both units' senior officers with Moderator privileges.

I edited his post and put in the 2nd Arkab Legion, though as said above I'm not sure what to do about the other unit as of yet.

I also finally got around to adding a 1st Ghost link. Aki if you read this your old forum should no longer be visible, but the data is still there if you need something. As well as some name changes and some other general crap I had to do.

#13 Godfodder

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

As PB already said, the HK site isn't really coming into its own yet because CW isnt in place. All the disavowed are there though, as well as every English-speaking unit aligned to HK, hell there is even a Clanner Unit there that's cliaming HK allegiance until they can do what clanners do.

@everyone
Fate's not available for a week or so, so dont expect a response here. Assiah is playing but only available for a few hours on weekends right now.

@paladin

If you need backup admins for the HK site, I can help. I am already registered on the site and while I dont go there often I know how to use phpbb quite well. Thanks for the linking!!!!!! We needed that!!!! ;)

-Godfodder

#14 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Thank you for the update Paladin Brewer, I've addressed your responded to my request over on the HK forums. Your hesitation is understandable and given my units background, fitting.

#15 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Cool Cool nice to have you back as well PB.

makes want to do the Peanut Butter Jelly Time thing

#16 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 31 March 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Hey Paladin - thanks for all the hard work. It's much appreciated, and I am personally relieved that you are ok and it's just Real Life business that's been keeping you away.

Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users