74 replies to this topic

#1 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

I don't know what Im drinking this morning, but damm its good. Going to go check.

edit
Homemade, freshly ground Starbucks Pike roast. Damm this is good, and Im not a Starbucks fan.

Edited by Slater01, 28 March 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#2 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

I like redbull.

#3 Sedant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 243 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

Tim Horton's = no contest!

#4 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostSedant, on 28 March 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Tims! omg man, omg
Try some real coffee for a change.
Although I do have say that I like my Tim's Donuts, Breakfast Sandwiches, Beagles, and so on.

Edited by Slater01, 28 March 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#5 Hopdevil

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

I use the Keurig so I'm in a constant hunt for good coffee at low prices. I've found San Francisco Coffee offers K cups for under 50c a cup. Their K cup also does away with the plastic cup portion so you're being green.

#6 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostHopdevil, on 28 March 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

I use the Keurig so I'm in a constant hunt for good coffee at low prices. I've found San Francisco Coffee offers K cups for under 50c a cup. Their K cup also does away with the plastic cup portion so you're being green.

Very cool
Ya im not a KCup fan, as poring boiling water over plastic unlocks all sorts of goodies into your food/drink

#7 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostSedant, on 28 March 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Hey everyone, this guys Canadian!

Signed,
An American who can't explain TH coffee to anyone else around here ;)

#8 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Its not the Coffee that makes Tim's special, its the donuts. Mmmmm Real Donuts.

Starbucks in Canada has gone so far to release a "Blond" coffee for those that are used to the lighter Tim's coffee.

#9 Hopdevil

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostOni Ralas, on 28 March 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hey everyone, this guys Canadian!

Signed,
An American who can't explain TH coffee to anyone else around here ;)

Ah it's a trap to find the Canadians

#10 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

Tims is delicious...and btw buddy, I too am in the 'peg ;)

No matter if I go buy coffee at Tims or make it myself, I like my coffee like I like my metal: BLACK!!!!

\m/ >____< \m/

#11 SteelyDan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 305 posts
  • LocationChicago Ill

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Fav Coffee?
Hot, With Sugar, and milk...
Not Cream, not powder, and def not Spendia!
Milk!

#12 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

I like my women like my coffee

..full of scotch.

#13 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostOni Ralas, on 28 March 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

..full of scotch.

hehehe

View PostSPencil, on 28 March 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Tims is delicious...and btw buddy, I too am in the 'peg :D

No matter if I go buy coffee at Tims or make it myself, I like my coffee like I like my metal: BLACK!!!!

What does the "S" in SPencil stand for? I'm thinking small, but that would be rather deflating ones ego.

#14 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

hmmmmmmm, i would have to say... i don't even know

#15 swamp hag

• WC 2017 Participant
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

I love coffee.

This is the brand I buy :

http://www.cafecampesino.com/

Best I've ever tasted, is roasted fresh, and is about as humanitarian and eco-friendly as you can get.

Warning - once you've had really good coffee you'll never be able to stomach lesser brands again.

Edited by Glory, 28 March 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#16 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Lots of FairTrade coffee where I live too, its good stuff.

#17 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostSPencil, on 28 March 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Tims is delicious...and btw buddy, I too am in the 'peg :)

\m/ >____< \m/

Dude, you are seriously, like, the coolest coffee drinker I know, now. That plays MW:O. Other than me. Yeah.

Ok, in all seriousness, a couple things. First off, Tim Hortons. I know it's somehow the Canadian love child of a convenience store and Mecca. I'm toward the south end of Idaho, and I don't own a car, but at this point after hearin' all you Canadians talk about it in such a tone of voice I'd have normally thought was reserved only for religion and good sex (or both - those two cross easier than some suspect. :) ) I figure at some point I'll have to wander northish and see what the hell this is all about. Anf maybe buy some coffee too.

Which, hey, brings me back to the good stuff. Black. Frikkin' blacker than SIN, that is how I like it. So dark I might end up farting BATS. So blackened it pulls in the sunlight around it and doesn't let it escape. And a few spoonfuls of sugar too but otherwise, DARKER THAN THE HEART OF A BLACK HOLE. And strong too. It's gotta not only suck the sunlight in, it's gotta kill it and eat it, too. So strong I could degrease a diesel engine with it. Strong enough to cauterize a snake bite, dive in and strangle the venom, too. So I get whole beans from a good shop, grind the blighters into fine powder each morning, and pack them tight into a simple Mr Coffee which tells me that what I call one cuppa joe is actually more than 3 of "it's" cups. BAH! So I drink two of mine. Whole pot o' coffee in one morning, and that's my average day - three of MY mugs if my a** is dragging more than usual.

The beans can't be Starbucks, either, NO. Only one thing that Starbucks is good for, and that's to mess with 'em. I'll walk in, wait in line, pretend to look at the menu, then ask for 6 shots of espresso in a cup. Now, USUALLY, this will end up in me bein' stuck at the counter for fifteen minutes in an eternal conversation that goes something like this:

Ok, what else, milk?
No milk.
So, um... cream?
No, thanks.
Would, uh... you like... a flavoring?
Nope, pass.
Nothing else at all.
I believe I've said that already...

And so on and so forth. MEANWHILE, behind me, everybody is goin' NUTS and giving ME and the cashier both the most evil of death-glares. Best time was when the baristo was so totally flipped out that she got her manager involved. That took a few more minutes. Eventually, I get my espresso bomb. I go to the little 'additive area', being casual and surreptiously looking to see who's watching me. Almost without fail, there WILL be some employee and a few customers looking at me like I have flipping WINGS.

I will then, carefully so as to not block people's views, throw a couple packets of cheap sugar into it, then stroll over to a table and sit down. I'll try to stretch it out for about a minute, sniffing the brew and exclaiming in pleasure (not faked). Then, take a sip. And people will go NUTS watchin this because to some people, this'll be like watching someone drink uranium hexoflourite. (Whether or not they know what that is, I do, and the looks of horror are not well hidden.)

Now, mind you, this has worked without fail, except for once. ONCE! Basically, it all went south th emoment I ordered the nuclear cuppa joe. Baristo just kind of gave me a level, expresionless, humorless look, said nothing, and put in the order without comment. Same thing with the employees. Was rather odd, but I thought, hey these guys are cool. So, why'd it fail? Well, turns out my Dad, who does this a little less often than I do, had pulled the same stunt on them over his lunch break that day. HA! What are the odds... :o

View PostOni Ralas, on 28 March 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

..full of scotch.

Ah I'm a purist when it comes to scotch. Neat, and neat only. When it comes to adding some liquor into my coffee, though, I heartily prefer rum for coffee and hot chocolate. And not that commercial crap either, I have friends who MAKE the stuff, and have turned me into a minor rum-snob.

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 28 March 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#18 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 28 March 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Dude, you are seriously, like, the coolest coffee drinker I know, now. That plays MW:O. Other than me. Yeah.

Ok, in all seriousness, a couple things. First off, Tim Hortons. I know it's somehow the Canadian love child of a convenience store and Mecca. I'm toward the south end of Idaho, and I don't own a car, but at this point after hearin' all you Canadians talk about it in such a tone of voice I'd have normally thought was reserved only for religion and good sex (or both - those two cross easier than some suspect. :) ) I figure at some point I'll have to wander northish and see what the hell this is all about. Anf maybe buy some coffee too.

Which, hey, brings me back to the good stuff. Black. Frikkin' blacker than SIN, that is how I like it. So dark I might end up farting BATS. So blackened it pulls in the sunlight around it and doesn't let it escape. And a few spoonfuls of sugar too but otherwise, DARKER THAN THE HEART OF A BLACK HOLE. And strong too. It's gotta not only suck the sunlight in, it's gotta kill it and eat it, too. So strong I could degrease a diesel engine with it. Strong enough to cauterize a snake bite, dive in and strangle the venom, too. So I get whole beans from a good shop, grind the blighters into fine powder each morning, and pack them tight into a simple Mr Coffee which tells me that what I call one cuppa joe is actually more than 3 of "it's" cups. BAH! So I drink two of mine. Whole pot o' coffee in one morning, and that's my average day - three of MY mugs if my a** is dragging more than usual.

The beans can't be Starbucks, either, NO. Only one thing that Starbucks is good for, and that's to mess with 'em. I'll walk in, wait in line, pretend to look at the menu, then ask for 6 shots of espresso in a cup. Now, USUALLY, this will end up in me bein' stuck at the counter for fifteen minutes in an eternal conversation that goes something like this:

Ok, what else, milk?
No milk.
So, um... cream?
No, thanks.
Would, uh... you like... a flavoring?
Nope, pass.
Nothing else at all.
I believe I've said that already...

And so on and so forth. MEANWHILE, behind me, everybody is goin' NUTS and giving ME and the cashier both the most evil of death-glares. Best time was when the baristo was so totally flipped out that she got her manager involved. That took a few more minutes. Eventually, I get my espresso bomb. I go to the little 'additive area', being casual and surreptiously looking to see who's watching me. Almost without fail, there WILL be some employee and a few customers looking at me like I have flipping WINGS.

I will then, carefully so as to not block people's views, throw a couple packets of cheap sugar into it, then stroll over to a table and sit down. I'll try to stretch it out for about a minute, sniffing the brew and exclaiming in pleasure (not faked). Then, take a sip. And people will go NUTS watchin this because to some people, this'll be like watching someone drink uranium hexoflourite. (Whether or not they know what that is, I do, and the looks of horror are not well hidden.)

Now, mind you, this has worked without fail, except for once. ONCE! Basically, it all went south th emoment I ordered the nuclear cuppa joe. Baristo just kind of gave me a level, expresionless, humorless look, said nothing, and put in the order without comment. Same thing with the employees. Was rather odd, but I thought, hey these guys are cool. So, why'd it fail? Well, turns out my Dad, who does this a little less often than I do, had pulled the same stunt on them over his lunch break that day. HA! What are the odds... :o

Ah I'm a purist when it comes to scotch. Neat, and neat only. When it comes to adding some liquor into my coffee, though, I heartily prefer rum for coffee and hot chocolate. And not that commercial crap either, I have friends who MAKE the stuff, and have turned me into a minor rum-snob.

XD they give you a death glare?????

#19 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

come on people,its morning, you know your drinking something, im drinking some left over green mountain pumpkin spice k-cup, need more coffee, any recommendations??

View PostSteelyDan, on 28 March 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Fav Coffee?
Hot, With Sugar, and milk...
Not Cream, not powder, and def not Spendia!
Milk!

Now thats how you make some good coffee

View PostHopdevil, on 28 March 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

i shall look into these

#20 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostJust wanna play, on 29 March 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

XD they give you a death glare?????

Because I stood between them and their mocha frapucino with a slight dusting of nutmeg, or whatever their snobbish Starbie's "usual" ( :o ) was, because most of the time when I pull this I end up holding the line up a LOT longer than normal. ;)

View PostJust wanna play, on 29 March 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

come on people,its morning, you know your drinking something, im drinking some left over green mountain pumpkin spice k-cup, need more coffee, any recommendations??

My Dad's now a K cupper, and during one visit I realized one K cup flavor he had was basically a Milky Way candy bar as a cup o' coffee. Sorry I don't recall more than that, this was over a year ago, but MAN that had me pretty impressed - good, good, stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users