The Definite Jager Head Poll

22 replies to this topic

Poll: The Definite Jager Head Poll (103 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the Jagermech's head too easy to hit?

1. Yes (64 votes [62.14%])

Percentage of vote: 62.14%

2. No (39 votes [37.86%])

Percentage of vote: 37.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 armyof1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

I don't think I've seen a poll about the subject and since I'm thinking about buying a Jagermech, I'd like to see what all you owners think about it. Is the Jager a huge headbox waiting to be hit or not?

Edited by armyof1, 23 March 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#2 Saiyajin12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Nah, but it has happened once or twice, and I always ***** about it when it does.

Edited by Saiyajin12, 23 March 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Nah, since missiles were fixed it's fine. Before the hotfix, splash was destroying it in a single volley.

Like the Catapult, it's fairly vulnerable. Smaller, but right center-mass, so it does accidentally get hit some.

It's a weakness to the chassis, but not a critical one.

#4 CheeseThief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Black Stump

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

Having shot at lots of Jagermechs recently I haven't head capped one yet. Didn't play during the recent LRM storm but to me it seems fine.

#5 pencilboom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

Head shotted several jagermechs today during my 4PPC Stalker. Intended to shoot for the torso at first but I got head shot kill instead.. :(

#6 El Death Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

it basically has the head of a catapult, so you could argue that it's fair, but it isn't at an angle, its flat, and in the middle of the CT, as well as being on a mech that loses it's side torsos far moe often than the Catapult. I think it merrits a slight fix on head hit box.

#7 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

Hmm I gotta say the results so far is a bit discouraging, but not so many votes unfortunately, it seems like everyone just hangs out in General discussion.

#8 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

In all my builds, I have moved ammo away from the face and side torsos. It completely fixed early death issues, as the torso is incredibly easy to hit, but the arms are tiny in comparison. I have yet to lose an arm to an ammo explosion in 30+ games.

The face really does need a fix, though.

#9 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

As long as the weapons are hitting what they aimed at, the yayger's face is always going to take more headshots as its at the center of the center of mass...
those of us not trying to be perfect, but only trying to enjoy the wwanton destruction of giant warmachines... well... we aim for center of mass... (What did Mel say in 'the patriot'... oh yea, AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL)

I have yet to take a headshot in my yaygerbomb, and I have yet to deliver one to an enemy... even after targeting the 'face' at short range (>100m) with multiple large lasers...

#10 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Well I think I'm going to get me the Jager-S and see for myself. I think I read somewhere the devs are looking at it, So if I find it really bad I hope they're on they way to fix it soon. I mean considering the twist and agility of the different Heavy mechs, the Jager should be placed between the CPLT and CTF.

#11 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

i find they're too tough. tougher than other heavy mechs
if anything it needs a nerf

Edited by Mazzyplz, 24 March 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#12 kalami

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

I got headshotted by a UAC5 about 1 minute into the match before i took the weekend off from playing. The guy who did it couldn't believe it either. I literally had 0 damage except to my head being blown away.

#13 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Just had a bunch of games with my new JM6-S and no headshot death yet at least *knock on wood*. It's a pretty fun mech though, favorite moment so far is chasing down a Spider JJ:ing and greet it just when it lands with some heavy Ballistics :P.

#14 Giovianni Shuzen

Rookie

• Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I ride a DD variant, Head issues not so much as side torso. I had to ditch the XL engine just to be able to play for more than 3 minutes and actually shoot at something

#15 Ryebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Ive head shotted quite a few, I find it the softest heavy in the game (including the oft overlooked Dragon) because of that. I just bought a Jag myself and out of 5 deaths I know 1 at least one was a headshot death, other ones may have been but I wasnt paying attention to what component blew for the death.

But it will be fixed, this is something that has occurred before on the Cicada, Awesome, Cataphract and maybe Catapult IIRC. No need to stress or create polls or anything like that. After releasing a mech, they will review the damage and death data, if there is a disproportionate amount of headshot deaths, they will re-tool it. .

#16 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

I think it was just a missle issue. i think after the hot fix, I havent been head shotted again.

#17 Cifrer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

You should add a "Not sure yet" option to your poll. I'm still undecided. I do find myself tending to believe it was the missile issue as I haven't seen many get their heads shot out since the missile hotfix.

#18 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

They could make it the size of a small pea and I would still be able to hit it reliably. Unless they're willing to change the actual placement of it nerfing the size won't do much. Unless they flat out make it impossible to hit...

#19 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostCifrer, on 25 March 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

You should add a "Not sure yet" option to your poll. I'm still undecided. I do find myself tending to believe it was the missile issue as I haven't seen many get their heads shot out since the missile hotfix.

I don't see the use of not sure yet though, because you are always welcome back to vote when you feel more certain :P I'm still not sure either that's why I've yet to vote. I think it would really help seeing the Jager on testing grounds to see how big/small that headbox really is.

View PostMrPenguin, on 25 March 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

They could make it the size of a small pea and I would still be able to hit it reliably. Unless they're willing to change the actual placement of it nerfing the size won't do much. Unless they flat out make it impossible to hit...

A significantly smaller size must help, since at longer distances you'll hit beside it more easily.

Edited by armyof1, 25 March 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#20 Stingz

• 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Such a big head hit-box, flat and dead-center on the the mech. It's like the Cataphract V1 all over again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users