3 replies to this topic

#1 Solidussnake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Has anyone made one? I know we have one online for IS mechs. I was wondering if we had one for clan mechs.

We have all the clan information out there on criticals / engines / weapons / armor ect... And even though it would be soon. It would allow alot of us to build clan mechs online and just drool. In the mean time I build them in MW2.. and just.. yea... drool

#2 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

We don't know HOW it will be implemented yet, or which mechs we're getting so in the meantime you might as well just use the traditional Battletech Table Top resources out there for building clans mechs, it's as good for speculation as anything specfically built for MWO clan mechs could be at this point.

#3 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

No details yet; I'm fully hoping that the *only* customise options are the pod space; no changes to engine, armour, chassis etc (otherwise they're just MWO IS mechs with better guns and gear).

#4 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

Indeed, as Kreisel said, we do not know how it will be implemented. One thing is certain: Balance is out the window if every slot in an omni-mech is actually omni.

Posted Image

With between 0 and full omni-type slots on omnimechs, it is impossible to even begin to construct a builder for it. Other things we are unsure if we can modify include engines, internal structure, and armor. Believe it or not, Omnis are (generally speaking) not actually supposed to be able to be modified in that way. Then again, the way we modify the IS battlemechs we have currently are not supposed to happen that way, either.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 31 March 2013 - 05:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users