#1 wikkedj

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:23 AM

Hey guys,
I'm coming back from a long long absence and it's time to buckle down and master all the mechs I didn't mess with when I was playing prior. I figure this will net me a fair amount of c-bills and after all that fun I can look at some of the new stuff that they've added to the game.

Back in the phoenix days I did master my locusts, but I imagine they play a bit different than the jenner. I've looked at some of the builds out there and I think I've pretty much nailed down. But general play style is where I'm lacking experience, especially with where the game is at these days. Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

IIC or IS jenner?

#3 Arkama

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

I'm rubbish with Jenners.
Locusts on the other hand are a passion of mine. I'll probably keep an eye on this thread to improve my Jennering.

#4 Guile Votoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

Jenners are quite a bit bigger and a tad slower than Locusts so they have a little trouble with close harrassment.
Jenners are better suited for stealth hit&run or flanking from the side.

As a sneaker you gotta be patient to single out good targets, go in quickly take off a leg or side torso and then run for cover.
If you end up in someone's back that your team engages from the front, you won't even be noticed when you shoot them in the legs or back.
If you're confident that you can out-turn your target you can even brawl quite well.

As a flanker you just have to stick to mechs that make better targets than yourself.
Go with the assaults and when they engage, try to find a nice flanking position where you don't draw attention.

#5 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

Jenners should never be first in the fight. Hang back and only engage when your target isn't paying attention to you. If you can duck cover and tickle them with MLas fire in between dive-bombing runs, you can rack up some impressive damage. Always have at least 1 jump jet, that ability to mitigate falling damage as well and jump-turns is key.

My less conventional builds used an LRM5 or two for indirect fire until I could get in and get messy. If you get the Oxide, well that's just plain fun - I liked 3 SRM6 but some like SRM4's better.

#6 wikkedj

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 21 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostStf Sgt Marblez, on 26 January 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

IIC or IS jenner?

IS

#7 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

Go OXIDE, sneak around, jump on the enemy and wreck half of the team. Multiple kills and 500+ damage is achieved quite easily.

Tnx to Epikt for sharing his gameplay!

Edited by B3R3ND, 27 January 2017 - 07:00 AM.

#8 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

View PostB3R3ND, on 27 January 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

Tnx to Epikt for sharing his gameplay!

You're welcome Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users