ISN News Flash

21 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

Sat. June 2, 3049: Draconis Combine issues formal request for the re-call of McKinnon’s Raiders (the “Fox’s Teeth”) before conflict escalates.

#2 BladedDragon

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:12 AM

hmm... the Battletech wiki is incomplete for this unit during this time period. I must investigate further....

#3 akaChrisHimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 292 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Obey the Dragon!

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

I am formally requesting the recall of this stupid flu... anyone want it?

#5 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

Unit Description

The McKinnon's Company better known as The Fox's Teeth is a Special Operations BattleMech Company, deployed as the First Company, First Battalion, 7th Crucis Lancers. It was originally a SLDF combat unit of the 1st Star League, however the unit defected to House Davion at the breakup of the League.

History

Founding
The Fox Company, 2nd Battalion, 142nd Battle Regiment, 251st BattleMech Division under command of Captain Kieran McKinnon refused to follow General Kerensky into exile and choose instead to join the AFFS in return for titles and lands on Kestrel. Together with other independent commands they were formed into the 7th Crucis Lancers.

The Succession Wars
The first assignment for the 7th Crucis Lancers and McKinnon's Company was the defense of Kentares IV against the DCMS at the beginning of the First Succession War where they fought a guerrilla war until rescued by a Davion taskforce. Before their retraction an infantryman attached to McKinnon's Company shot Coordinator Minoru Kurita leading to the infamous Kentares Massacre.

After the years at the Combine front the company served as an independent command at the Periphery and Capellan boarders, participated in raids on Sian and St. Ives and earned themselves the name McKinnon's Raiders.

In 3013, while the company was rebuilding on New Avalon, Ross McKinnon foiled a plot to assassinate Prince Hanse Davion. As reward for their loyalty the Raiders earned themselves the nickname "The Fox Teeth".

Ronin War
During the formation of the Free Rasalhague Republic, the Fox's Teeth was contributed by the AFFS and sent to train the forming Kungsarme units. Based on Tukayyid, while half the force was on training maneuvers with their training cadre, Ronin forces arrived in-system to conduct a food raid, almost overunning the Fox's Teeth base camp before being driven off. Mark McKinnon, Ian's brother, was killed holding off the attacking Ronin. Ian decided to take care of Mark's only child, David.

McKinnon's Raiders stood down after the Ronin Wars to rebuild before getting involved in the War of 3039.
And no... don't want your flu... lots of folks around me got it (and I never got a flu shot). ;)

#6 Theseu

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

muito bom

#7 Gideon927

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Daddy needs a new hover yacht. Give me a high paying job already I want the C-Bill I want my Hover Yacht!

#8 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

I see a Black Knight in the near future :)

#9 Vora MacEvedy

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Starterbook: Sword and Dragon has some info on this unit. As well as a series of tracks where they fight Sorenson's Sabres... I think those tracks were set in 3049.

#10 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostBladedDragon, on 02 June 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

hmm... the Battletech wiki is incomplete for this unit during this time period. I must investigate further....

The Fox's Teeth have been participating in a series of border raids into Kuritan territory since early 3048 in an attempt to determine whether the Combine is prepared for a full scale war. The DCMS has undertaken a similar campaign against the Federated Suns with Sorenson's Sabres and various other units.

#11 Claw55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson, Draconis March

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostBaneReIIiK, on 02 June 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

Obey the Dragon!

You can rule the Federated Suns once everything worth ruling has been spent fighting you, and only fine ash remains.

But you won't get that far. Not even close.

Edited by Claw55, 02 June 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#12 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Naw, don't withdraw...Send in someone else.

#13 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

Fat chance Dracs! The Rangers QRF has been mobilized to support the Foxes when they are in sector...consider yourselves duly warned.

#14 Merrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 336 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

The Gauss Rifle's connected to the elbow...

#15 Dwimbles

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

There's always more to take the foxes' place. ;)

We'll see how the Combine likes our rainbow bombs and flower guns. They spew death at everyone who stands against the might of the AFFS! :(

#16 SwordofLight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

Meh.

Dont withdraw them. They are mere mercenaries. Should make for excellent target practice for real mechwarriors. You should realize this will only make things harder for you, though. Since you're too cowardly to do your own fighting, when you are finally forced to do your own fighting, you'll still be cowards, but we'll have the practice. Please, do keep them deployed.

#17 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostSwordofLight, on 03 June 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Meh.

Dont withdraw them. They are mere mercenaries. Should make for excellent target practice for real mechwarriors. You should realize this will only make things harder for you, though. Since you're too cowardly to do your own fighting, when you are finally forced to do your own fighting, you'll still be cowards, but we'll have the practice. Please, do keep them deployed.

You mean except for the fact that McKinnon's Raiders aren't mercenaries at all...?

#18 SwordofLight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationFranklin, MA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostArctic Fox, on 03 June 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

You mean except for the fact that McKinnon's Raiders aren't mercenaries at all...?

Oh arent they? Its just so very hard to tell in the lesser Houses, since one degenerate looks the same as another. You should understand what I mean, Steiner, doesnt your language use the same word for 'love' and 'money'? I'd have thought mercenary and Lyran was the same word too.

\OOC

Its been a while since I looked at the sourcebooks. I mean, as in, decades, so I'm a little rusty as to whoses whatsis on which system.

-Don

OOC\

#19 ScientificMethod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Sounds like someone is a little afraid of some mercs ; )

#20 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostSwordofLight, on 04 June 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

Oh arent they? Its just so very hard to tell in the lesser Houses, since one degenerate looks the same as another. You should understand what I mean, Steiner, doesnt your language use the same word for 'love' and 'money'? I'd have thought mercenary and Lyran was the same word too.

Don't be ridiculous. Allow me to offer you the latest edition of the Commonwealth Press German-Japanese Dictionary (25% off, today only!), which will quickly clear up any such linguistic misconceptions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users