6 replies to this topic

#1 Namwons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 546 posts
  • LocationFactory, Solaris VII

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

Was bored playing around with Solaris Skunk Works and came up with what I think is a pretty nice Cicada build.

Cicada CDA-2A

Mass: 40 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Advanced Rules
Era: Succession Wars
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-F-E
Production Year: 3025
Cost: 4,195,333 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,262

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 280 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 75.6 km/h
Maximum Speed: 118.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
6 Medium Lasers
1 Guardian ECM Suite
1 Beagle Active Probe
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 67 points 2.00
Internal Locations: 10 LT, 4 LA
Engine: Fusion Engine 280 16.00
Walking MP: 7
Running MP: 11
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 10(20) 0.00
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA R: SH+UA
Armor: Ferro-Fibrous AV - 125 7.00
Armor Locations: 1 HD, 10 RT, 3 RA

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 12 16
Center Torso (rear) 8
L/R Torso 10 12
L/R Torso (rear) 8
L/R Arm 6 10
L/R Leg 10 16

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Medium Lasers CT 6 2 2.00
2 Medium Lasers RT 6 2 2.00
2 Medium Lasers LT 6 2 2.00
Guardian ECM Suite RL 0 2 1.50
Beagle Active Probe LL 0 2 1.50
Free Critical Slots: 13

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 4 Points: 13
7 3 3 0 0 2 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: ECM, PRB, RCN, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think? Dropped engine one notch to 7/11 for weight savings. 6 MLas (=x2 CERPPC) in the torsos for good weapon protection. 7.0 tons of FF armor means it can take PPC shot anywhere in the front, LLas in the back, and use its weaponless arms as shields. ECM/BAP in the legs for evasion/detetion for scouting, anti-scouting. Stock 10 heatsinks upgraded to doubles means this mech runs neutral heat while alpha striking at max speed. I think im going to try to build this thing as my scouting mech.

#2 El Loco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNew Haven, CT

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Seems to be a solid build, but keep in mind that, as of now, we still don't know anything about the actual hardpoints of this 'Mech and how electronic warfare equipment will be delt with. It could be that every 'Mech can mount it, but it could also be similar to the old MC games and MW4.

I personally consider Endosteel in a 'Mech below 80 tons as a waste of hardpoints, but on the other hand you have enough hard points left anyway... so why not.

What I would do with a Cicada would be maximizing armour and installing a single ER-Large laser, plus electronic warfare equipment. A fast annoying beast of a 'Mech with good active and passive defensive systems.

#3 Namwons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

yeah if i dont have enough hard points its not a problem. just have to swap them to med pulse to keep stock hard points.

#4 Kartr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

You won't be able to put those lasers where you have them. The -2A has it's medium lasers in the arms, that means you'll more than likely have three laser hard points in each arm. The small laser is most likely in the head or center torso, not sure though. If the small laser is in the head then you have one hardpoint for it (since there's only one free critical), while if it's in the center torso you likely have two hard points (because there are only two critical slots in the CT).

The reasoning behind this is that the Hunchback in the MechLab video had three hardpoints for whatever weapon type was mounted in a location. The right torso had 3 ballistic hardpoints, the arms each had 3 laser hardpoints and it had three laser hardpoints in the chest (but only two critical slots).

This means you could do 3 MLas in each arm or possible 2 in each arm and 2 in the CT, but you won't be able to put any in the LT/RT since the Cicada doesn't have any weapons there in the -2A variant. Unless you're in Beta and you know something we don't :)

View PostEl Loco, on 02 June 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Seems to be a solid build, but keep in mind that, as of now, we still don't know anything about the actual hardpoints of this 'Mech and how electronic warfare equipment will be delt with. It could be that every 'Mech can mount it, but it could also be similar to the old MC games and MW4.

So far it seems like the only restrictions on what you can place on a 'Mech are the weapon hard point ones. So we should be able to put ECM and BAP on any 'Mechs we want. More than likely EW will be more effective on light chassis's due to the modules lights can mount.

Personally planning on having a Guardian ECM on my Cataphract.

#5 Namwons

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

In Solaris Skunk Works when i load up the -2A it has 1 Mlas in each LT/RT and 1 SLas in CT stock. Nothinging in the arms (unless SSW is wrong? not sure but thats what it gave me)

#6 Kartr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hmm you're right. I remembered I had the quickstart rules as a PDF and it has the Cicada and according to that the weapons are mounted in the LT/RT, but the visuals always show them in little stubby "arms" which makes me think the Cicada doesn't actually have arms.

#7 Quentin Yatoki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 182 posts
  • LocationThe region of Mountain Pears in the land of the Rising Sun.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

Overall, it looks like a solid build. But I would add TAG to it. If you are a fast scout mech, you can make yourself more useful by helping your LRM guys hit with out having to expose themselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users