Research Project - How Leadership Preferences Vary In Organisations

No replies to this topic

#1 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

Hi folks,

I am conducting a dissertation on leadership preferences and how they adjust based on environmental context. I mainly aim to look at establishing any differences found between what kinds of leaders people want, and are willing to accept within a paid, standard work environment, and in an unpaid, voluntary community, group, team, or organisation. This means that, as gamers, and as people who will have engaged in leisure activities outside of full time work that have required a form of leadership, you are perfect candidates for me to get some information out of!

Now, the first part of the research process involves filling out a survey for me. This should take around 20-30 minutes, and needs to be completed in one sitting (or at least, left to finish at a later date but without closing the window, because all progress will be lost). It consists of a series of questions which are used to identify what kind of leader you prefer, via your opinions on the frequency an ideal leader should engage in certain actions and behaviors. This will enable me to build up a picture of the kinds of leaders that you prefer generally.

Following this, I will conduct a focus group, with around 10 people who have completed the study. The aim of this will be to test the results from the questionnaire, and attempt to establish through directed questions and general topical conversation, what kinds of influences can effect peoples accepted, rather than ideal, forms of leadership in both work and non work environments. This will be a formal recorded session, lasting anywhere from 1 to 2 hours.

Your help in this is very, very much appreciated, as it is essential in allowing me to be successful in my degree.

Many thanks

The link for the survey can be found here - https://docs.google....5TSPvc/viewform

Edited by sj mausgmr, 02 April 2013 - 06:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users