10 replies to this topic

#1 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Does anyone have the mechwarrior 4 computer voice files?

I'm wanting to do another video like these, which I did back when there was no computer voice.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

No one has any MW4 voice files?

#3 Project Dark Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

MW4 had two versions of Betty; the one used in Vengeance and Black Knight had a more calming, American accented voice, while the Mercenaries version had an accent I couldn't place and sounded somewhat more mechanical.

#4 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Well, I've got the installation cdrom's for both MW4 Vengence and Mercenaries. If the MekTek version doesn't work out for you, let me know and I'm sure we could work something out.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

In the past I couldn't download MW4 Mektek. Trying it now. But even after I get it, I'll need a way to extract the sound files. :)

[redacted]

How do I install an MTX file? My computer won't do anything with it, and google just pumps me with these fake programs to buy to open it.

Edited by Egomane, 03 April 2014 - 12:52 AM.
quote removed

#6 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 April 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

In the past I couldn't download MW4 Mektek. Trying it now. But even after I get it, I'll need a way to extract the sound files. :P

How do I install an MTX file? My computer won't do anything with it, and google just pumps me with these fake programs to buy to open it.

The file is really a zip archive.
You need to rename the file extension from .MTX to .ZIP. Then double click it. You should then be able to extract the game files.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

View Postknnniggett, on 02 April 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

The file is really a zip archive.
You need to rename the file extension from .MTX to .ZIP. Then double click it. You should then be able to extract the game files.

And the install? Or how to install it? Or just run it as is if I were to want to play it?

I'm also gonna need to know how to extract the dialogue, too.

Find ways to do it for MW3, but nothing for MW4.

Edited by Koniving, 02 April 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#8 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 April 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

In the past I couldn't download MW4 Mektek. Trying it now. But even after I get it, I'll need a way to extract the sound files. :P

View PostAdultPuppetShow, on 02 April 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Simply change the file extension from .mtx to . zip, then peruse the directory for the files you are looking for.

You don't have to install anything, the game will run straight from the folder. As for extracting the sounds, try using winrar to explore the data files.

http://www.win-rar.c...nload.html?&L=0

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostAdultPuppetShow, on 02 April 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

You don't have to install anything, the game will run straight from the folder. As for extracting the sounds, try using winrar to explore the data files.
http://www.win-rar.c...nload.html?&L=0

Must not have seen that. Had this huge headache. So it sounds like I can use the same zip/rar programs to dig through the game files. Most likely under core, then?

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

So here's my issue.

I tried MultiEx Commander to extract the stuff. I got every possible file out that I could. I came up with no voice files. None. Lots of references to weapons in *.audio files. But no computer voices.

Also couldn't get the game to run. Crossfire system. Disabled crossfire...still no luck. Anyone know of anything more? Or willing to record the voices off of mw4?

#11 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

I found this app:
http://www.fileplane...me-Audio-Player

It is free, claims to support MW4, and will allow you to automatically scan an entire directory structure.

I downloaded, ran it, scanned the MW4 MekTek folder structure, and it claimed to find some 3,688 audio files.

Only problem is that I am running this at work inside a virtual machine with no audio playback capabilities. So that's as far as I can get at the moment. Could it really be that simple? If you can duplicate these steps, let me know. If not, I'll try and play some of these files the next time I have an opportunity at home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users