First Kill

18 replies to this topic

#1 Ashley Ophelia

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

I racked up my first kill last night in true Davion fashion. Saw a battered up Catapult limping along and put them out of their misery with my AC/20. FINALLY a kill after nothing but assists.

#2 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Congrats!

#3 Wags73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Congrats, always a good feeling. Left little doubt about the kill using the AC20 :)

#4 Alexander Leandros

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCLASSIFIED

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

There is little I find more satisfying in this game than finishing an enemy mech with an AC20.

#5 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

Well done! And don't let anyone give you grief about "kill stealing". We have a saying in C4; it's not your kill if it's not killed.

#6 Ashley Ophelia

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostRashhaverak, on 03 April 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

Well done! And don't let anyone give you grief about "kill stealing". We have a saying in C4; it's not your kill if it's not killed.

That was the beauty part about....I got a little turned around because i was getting hit from long range...and when I got my bearings back there was no one around him I think he was trying to get out of the battle.

#7 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Congrats and thank you for all of your assists as well, without assist the team wouldnt be a team my friend!

#8 JRR1285

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLong Island

I remember when I finally started to break through. Great feeling.

Something that made the biggest difference was finally finding a 'Mech class that suited my initial play style better. I love assaults and still do, but I used to be a very inconsistent pilot using strictly assaults. I must have had a KDR of like .25 or so at one point when I bought the YLW on sale. Its speed allowed me to use hit and run tactics with that nasty AC/20. I began raking in the kills and often was standing at the end of the match. Fast forward to purchasing two more Cents and getting them to elite I am a better all around pilot after the switch. KDR is now 1.53 (took forever to get back to a positive one). I'm not saying that KDR is what matters but it is a good gauge for my improvement. My win loss is now firmly on it's way to the positive side, still not there but going quick.

I am now having great success in the Treb-7M. I still play assaults often and I'm a sucker for the Awesome which I am actually quite effective in.

Edited by JRR1285, 03 April 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#9 MurnShaw

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFlushing, NY

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

@JRR1285

That's great man. As for me, I think I'm stuck in Support Mode for the rest of my mechwarrior career. My Win to Loss ratio has shot up since I started piloting cataphracts (0.8 to 1.5), but my Kill to Death ratio has dropped from 0.48 to 0.25. All I do now is eat enemy armor and enemy fire. It works for my team though!

View PostJRR1285, on 03 April 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

I remember when I finally started to break through. Great feeling.

Something that made the biggest difference was finally finding a 'Mech class that suited my initial play style better. I love assaults and still do, but I used to be a very inconsistent pilot using strictly assaults. I must have had a KDR of like .25 or so at one point when I bought the YLW on sale. It's speed allowed me to use hit and run tactics with that nasty AC/20. I began raking in the kills and often was standing at the end of the match. Fast forward to purchasing two more Cents and getting them to elite I am a better all around pilot after the switch. KDR is now 1.53 (took forever to get back to a positive one). I'm not saying that KDR is what matters but it is a good gauge for my improvement. My win loss is now firmly on it's way to the positive side, still not there but going quick.

I am now having great success in the Treb-7M. I still play assaults often and I'm a sucker for the Awesome which I am actually quite effective in.

#10 Ashley Ophelia

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

I am driving a Huncback right now, always had a softspot for them. I have never been a heavy mech driver always preferred the lights or mediums. So far "Malice" has an AC20 2 Mediums and a Small, I outfitted with Endo Structure and Double HS. May do some more customizing as money advances.

Edited by Ashley Ophelia, 03 April 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#11 JRR1285

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostMurnShaw, on 03 April 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

@JRR1285

That's great man. As for me, I think I'm stuck in Support Mode for the rest of my mechwarrior career. My Win to Loss ratio has shot up since I started piloting cataphracts (0.8 to 1.5), but my Kill to Death ratio has dropped from 0.48 to 0.25. All I do now is eat enemy armor and enemy fire. It works for my team though!

Whatever helps the team win. I have tried the support role but I found out I am more productive in the brawler range. My Awesome is a nice compromise with 2 ERPPCs and 3 SRM6s for when they get too close. I've been wanting to try the Cataphract for some time now.

#12 Hellrazor 1

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostJRR1285, on 03 April 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Whatever helps the team win. I have tried the support role but I found out I am more productive in the brawler range. My Awesome is a nice compromise with 2 ERPPCs and 3 SRM6s for when they get too close. I've been wanting to try the Cataphract for some time now.

I love the close direct fire support with "Hammer of the Gods" (AC/20 Jager-S). Either let me strip the armor or have a laser boat strip the armor and fire those two bad boys and watch them fall. Had a game with us down and within 10 seconds i blew the CT apart of a highlander and a cicada was kind enough to overheat after alpha striking a buddy. lol that quickly turned the tide of the fight only had to worry about a weaponless stalker and a semi ok catapult.

Edited by Hellrazor 1, 03 April 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#13 Predatorsd

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

Rashhaverak says that because he times his shots just right, so he gets the kill ! Right Rash ? :)

Edited by Predatorsd, 06 April 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#14 Atlas32

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 106 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostAshley Ophelia, on 03 April 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

I am driving a Huncback right now, always had a softspot for them. I have never been a heavy mech driver always preferred the lights or mediums. So far "Malice" has an AC20 2 Mediums and a Small, I outfitted with Endo Structure and Double HS. May do some more customizing as money advances.

The Hunchback - 4SP and 4P are the best out of the bunch. I'd try to 4sp if I were you. 4 ML and 2 smr6 w/artemis.

#15 Ashley Ophelia

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostAtlas32, on 06 April 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

The Hunchback - 4SP and 4P are the best out of the bunch. I'd try to 4sp if I were you. 4 ML and 2 smr6 w/artemis.

Thanks for the recommendation I will try out the others to get my skills up soon as I max out my first.

#16 Erasus Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 383 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of Mind

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostJRR1285, on 03 April 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

phracts are awesome. if you want a jack of all trades, try the 1x with an ac20 (or a gauss rifle) and 5 medium lasers and a 300std engine. decently fast, durable, decent heat efficiency and dangerous at all ranges, but best range profile is the medium to short range.

best used as a sattelite for the big guys. you can catch shots for them, can keep dat pesky lights from them and assist in brawls and medium range.

#17 Rashhaverak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationMajestic Waterfowl Sanctuary

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostAshley Ophelia, on 03 April 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

There is a Trebuchet that you might also like. Don't remember which one it is off the top of my head, but it can mount about the same build you have above, minus one laser maybe, and the bonus is that you don't have the enormous hunchy shoulder (target) that everyone aims at. In fact, because of the way the hard points are set up, the arms act as shields for the side torsos and your AC/20 lasts longer.

Edited by Rashhaverak, 08 April 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#18 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

Congrats. It took me about half a month to get my first kill after a stupidly high number of assists, so you're not the only one. ;-)

When your ping is 284+, everyone and their dog steals your kills even if you fire at the same time, after all... =P

Edited by Hayashi, 08 April 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#19 Fantastic Ergo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 242 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWolf City, Arc-Royale

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Congrats on your first kill!
<S>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users