Things I Expected From Mwo

66 replies to this topic

#61 Randodan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

I am 100% with the OP. Excellent summary of what's missing.

#62 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 04 April 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

Is this a Canadian hospital or USA?
Nevermind in a couple years neither will bother training neurosurgeons because it is p2w.

BURN Socialized medicine.

#63 anonymous175

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Slowly but surely, everything that was written in the Dev Blogs will come to be. It will be a very bumpy ride but they'll get there eventually.

That maybe enough for some, maybe not enough for others.

I guess one thing to keep in mind is that in the long run, PGI/IGP want to make the most of the MW license.

MWO is only 1 piece of the puzzle. MWT garbagely is another. But if they can pull it off...

Maybe they'll become MechWargaming and make monies and expand the property. Then MWO can have Aerotech Online and Whateverelse Online and buy out other game dev shops so we could see a Battletech Universe online. Maybe even a new single player game.

Pie in the skywise, they might even hit Angry Birds levels of success so we'll have Urbanmech plushies at Walmart.

But right now for me they're Cryptic Studios 2.

Oh well, hopefully WoD pans out, and then there's RSI.

GL HF.

#64 xhrit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 976 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation Zone

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostZeno Scarborough, on 04 April 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Pie in the skywise, they might even hit Angry Birds levels of success so we'll have Urbanmech plushies at Walmart.

I am pretty sure FASA already went down that road, putting battletech action figures in toys-r-us, battletech saturday morning cartoons on major broadcast networks, and even entire battletech theme parks in every major US city.

Spoiler alert : it doesn't end well for FASA.

I agree with OP tho. MWO should have the interstitial metagame of 3030 MUX. Let us create a character, using the mechwarrior role playing game rules, and walk around our mechbay on foot.

Edited by xhrit, 04 April 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#65 anonymous175

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

View Postxhrit, on 04 April 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

I am pretty sure FASA already went down that road, putting battletech action figures in toys-r-us, battletech saturday morning cartoons on major broadcast networks, and even entire battletech theme parks in every major US city.

I agree with OP tho. MWO should have the interstitial metagame of 3030 MUX.

If any good came of all that, it was the cartoon's theme. And all the Nikolai Malthus memes that live on in MWO signatures strewn about in deez forums.

#66 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postxhrit, on 04 April 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Not everyone can be Hasbro, and God bless them for trying :P

#67 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 03 April 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Show me a game this far into development that is further along, with a staff of this size (IE. now tossing EA games into this, heh.)

Go ahead, seriously. I want to see this game.

Adhesive Games, who have a team of 23 according to their website announced that they were making Hawken in March 2011. They took the game to E3 in June 2012 where it won 12 of the 20 awards it was nominated for. It was officially released in December 2012.

It also happens to be probably your main rival seeing as it's a FP mech shooter.

You might want to take a look at it.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users