#1 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

I was upset at the PGI development team until I read your command chair post about the technical issues. While I still think it took a little long for an official response, yours was very thorough and it was nice to see that the Dev's are doing something about the current state of the game.

You guys have taken a lot of heat lately and while I am still not 100% satisfied with what you guys are doing at the moment, it is refreshing to see a good post from a Dev.

#2 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

most of PGI is doing good except paul

Edited by Tennex, 03 April 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#3 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostKell Commander, on 03 April 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

I was upset at the PGI development team until I read your command chair post about the technical issues. While I still think it took a little long for an official response, yours was very thorough and it was nice to see that the Dev's are doing something about the current state of the game.

You guys have taken a lot of heat lately and while I am still not 100% satisfied with what you guys are doing at the moment, it is refreshing to see a good post from a Dev.

I appreciate the time to touch base and let us know that they're aware of the issues and it's being handled. Not everything is going to go the way I want, I get that. I saw the update on ECM and am still far less than satisfied (still team ninja cloak, still makes LRMs a feast/famine weapon which aggressively shafts pugs) but I get that it's being looked at. That's all I can ask.

View PostTennex, on 03 April 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Dude... just uncool. Personal attacks are never cool.

Edited by MischiefSC, 03 April 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#4 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Yeah Paul! You suck! :ph34r: :(

#5 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

If you meant Paul Barnett, then i'd totally agree.

/warhammeronlinerage

#6 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Matthew Craig is seriously, all joking aside, a helluva nice guy.

He *IS* English after all.

Cheers.

Edited by Helmer, 03 April 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#7 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for posting this, Kell Commander, as I hadn't noticed that Command Chair post!

Good stuff. This and Paul's update on ECM are examples of good communication. Please keep this up. It goes a long way toward alleviating the concerns, angst, and raging on the forums. If nothing else, it will help you identify the sane people here who respond favorably to those sort of official posts, vs those who keep on raging. :ph34r:

#8 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postjay35, on 03 April 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Good stuff. This and Paul's update on ECM are examples of good communication. Please keep this up. It goes a long way toward alleviating the concerns, angst, and raging on the forums. If nothing else, it will help you identify the sane people here who respond favorably to those sort of official posts, vs those who keep on raging. :ph34r:

Matthew is quite easy to like because he fixes stuff for us, and his communication regarding fixes and problems has historically been excellent. I disagree with your assessment of Paul's update on ECM. It took him months to respond, and his belated and disappointing response proved that he is out of touch with his player base. His dreams of Area Cloaking Device Dominance have hundreds of active players upset, and the rest are no longer active players.... hmm...

We need to hire Matthew to start development on Mechwarrior 5, the long awaited sequal to Mechwarrior 4, because MWO is FUBAR.

#9 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

The update was really nice. Thank you.

Of course, no one can ever be happy ("You didn't address the huge FPS drop problem, does this mean it won't be corrected and I have to quit playing this game!?" was, admittedly, my first thought.) But . . . ;-) I know you can't address everything at once.

Edited by DanNashe, 03 April 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#10 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

View Postjay35, on 03 April 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Thanks for posting this, Kell Commander, as I hadn't noticed that Command Chair post!

I had raged a little myself, but a Dev response was all I wanted. I got it and now I'm happy. I hope it calmed some other people down too.

#11 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

Yeah OP well these guys are pretty friggin responsive when they have something to respond with. I want to know where all the people who are so Fraggin Toxic and so Now, Now, Now Work. Then I can call you every 5 seconds just to say they suck and ruined my childhood for no other reason than just to be a jerk. Unless without a shadow of a doubt your always bringing your A game. I bet you $5.00 that these guys are putting in 50 plus hours a week. Taking away from there family and social time just to make everyone "Happy" and for free at taht. But do you guys care? No your paying consumers that never had to pay a dime. Yeah Ill rant to back at you because I'm 102% satisfied with what they are doing.

#12 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

I too am appreciative of your command chair post, Mr. Craig. It can be frustrating when things stop working, and your reports seem to hit a brick wall. Knowing why the QA has been slow and that it's being worked on, and what's causing these bugs goes a long way towards making me feel better about them, even if they'll be around for a while more.

In short: thanks. Command chair posts like these are very helpful.

#13 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostTennex, on 03 April 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

LOL

"Except paul."

#14 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostPeiper, on 03 April 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Matthew is quite easy to like because he fixes stuff for us, and his communication regarding fixes and problems has historically been excellent. I disagree with your assessment of Paul's update on ECM. It took him months to respond, and his belated and disappointing response proved that he is out of touch with his player base. His dreams of Area Cloaking Device Dominance have hundreds of active players upset, and the rest are no longer active players.... hmm...

We need to hire Matthew to start development on Mechwarrior 5, the long awaited sequal to Mechwarrior 4, because MWO is FUBAR.

yeah, I get it. Some people can't separate opinion from their assessment of a post. The quality of Paul's post was good. I wasn't judging whether I liked his decision or not.

#15 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

I think Paul does a good job. The game feels pretty well balanced overall to me. I honestly don't get all the QQing about ECM.

#16 Primetimex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 353 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostNRP, on 03 April 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

I think Paul does a good job. The game feels pretty well balanced overall to me. I honestly don't get all the QQing about ECM.

Have you tried running groups of R-3Ls or DDCs. Once you have then get back to us please!

#17 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

The devs who give real info and real results are the ones to be lauded.

The only difference is that when it comes to balance, they are not even on the same page as the players that know there's something really wrong.

#18 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostNRP, on 03 April 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

tell that to my 5:1 K/D 3L

#19 Gristle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationN. E. Kentucky

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Matthew and Thomas are my 2 favorite Devs that post. Nearly all their posts have significant detail and they do seem to follow up to questions and comments regarding those posts. Other staff postings seem to only be feeding the trolls.

#20 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

yes thank you for making the game playable again, if only the map/hud bugs were less frequent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users