Trebuchet
Hunchback
Orions
Thunderbolts
Grasshopper
Awesome
Battlemasters
Stalkers.

Keep in mind these are just the "classically Marik" mechs. They still utilize the "common" mechs like firestarters, quickdraws, Atlas', and wolverines a great deal. But they are defiantly more "heavy" on the ones I just mentioned.

#42 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

The Spider is produced under contract in the FWL, but "the Free Worlds League did not express much interest in these 'Mechs", so you will not find many of them in the FWLM. Most of the Wolverine variants are produced in the FWL, but he Atlases and Quickdraws in the FWL are left over from the Star League days and are not as common. The JR7-D Jenner is fairly common though.

Edited by Ed Steele, 23 October 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#43 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

Seeing your House Fistor flag, you really change allegiance more often than an average Liao changes socks.

#44 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 23 October 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

Seeing your House Fistor flag, you really change allegiance more often than an average Liao changes socks.

Yes, house Marik did not want me back, but the Archon and the Lyran Commonwealth are willing to welcome me back. Mainly, I am no longer interested in being a clanner, or a merc, so I wanted to rejoin one of my former factions before community warfare.

Edited by Ed Steele, 24 October 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#45 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostSerious Table, on 03 April 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

I'm trying to get into Marik as best I can, and want to have a variety of 'Mechs that House Marik typically uses. Now, I know that the Awesome is pretty much Marik iconic, and also did some preliminary research to pick up the Trebuchet and the Cicada X-5, but beyond that I'm not certain what really counts as a Marik 'Mech.

Any help at all would be appreciated. I love the BattleTech universe, so I want to get as immersed as possible.

Posted Image

Edited by Odanan, 29 December 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#46 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:07 AM

Gj Odanan. On first look this seems to be about right. Is that from your own calculations or dedcuted from a canon source?

From the looks of it it might be something one of the more serious MegaMek campaign servers are using.

My only gripe would be
a ) the high chance for Blackjacks and the low ones for Cicadas for the FWLM. Intuitively I would swap those.
b ) the 1% Centurions. While not a producer the FWLm has some stock of them. Considering the traditional Trebuchet/Centurion lances in the Regulan Hussars (5 regiments after all) this percentage seems rather conservative.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 24 October 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#47 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 24 October 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

Gj Odanan. On first look this seems to be about right. Is that from your own calculations or dedcuted from a canon source?

From the looks of it it might be something one of the more serious MegaMek campaign servers are using.

My only gripe would be
a ) the high chance for Blackjacks and the low ones for Cicadas for the FWLM. Intuitively I would swap those.
b ) the 1% Centurions. While not a producer the FWLm has some stock of them. Considering the traditional Trebuchet/Centurion lances in the Regulan Hussars (5 regiments after all) this percentage seems rather conservative.

These are based on canon sources. I just summed the percentage of all variants of each mech in the Faction's random tables.

#48 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yes, I have changed faction again, Steiner is pretty dead right now. Also, I really like the Enforcer, so...

Edited by Ed Steele, 25 October 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#49 Hoax415

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

You disgust me sir but I'm smiling because I'm pretty sure you are just trolling at this point and trolling other Mariks means you are probably Marik at heart.

#50 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

View PostHoax415, on 25 October 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

You disgust me sir but I'm smiling because I'm pretty sure you are just trolling at this point and trolling other Mariks means you are probably Marik at heart.

LOL, just forget about it, it looks like I am going to get drunk and fight the Clanners with the Space Vikings!

#51 Erdelmaine RANDIS

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 46 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostSpiralFace, on 23 October 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Typical Marik mechs:

Spiders
Locust (some models)
Cicada
Trebuchet
Hunchback
Orions
Thunderbolts
Grasshopper
Awesome
Battlemasters
Stalkers.

Keep in mind these are just the "classically Marik" mechs. They still utilize the "common" mechs like firestarters, quickdraws, Atlas', and wolverines a great deal. But they are defiantly more "heavy" on the ones I just mentioned.
I miss the Catapult in this list !

And I dont see the hunchies in this list : http://www.sarna.net...gue_BattleMechs
Although on another page of this site the 5M is mentioned as a 3046 Marik variant.

Currently I am saving Cbills for my 3rd Spider, and I think i will get some hunchies next Posted Image

Edited by Erdelmaine RANDIS, 23 March 2016 - 01:00 AM.

#52 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:15 AM

I think we change socks daily, if the chancellor allows it.

.. Maybe ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users