3 replies to this topic

#1 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

My apologies to my teammates! Most of whom will never know what happened and will probably forever see my name in hatred... but here's what happened:

The pre-match screen opened, and I put my usual "Hi all Pika pi pikachu" into the chat box.

As my mech started up, I realized in horror, the no HUD bug! Darn, no hud, no chat, no targetting reticle, nothing. Well, no worries, I've handled this before (formerly the "yellow screen bug") all I need to do is put a little peice of tape on my screen to act as a targetting reticle and shoot at whatever my teammates shoot at.

It starts out okay, I peg a Raven a few times with my PPCs, and land some serious hits on an enemy Highlander... but then the brawling begins.

Mechs interweaving and manouvering, and the guy I was following goes down... and all the Atlases and Cataphracts start to look alike... uh-oh...

Suddenly a Stalker takes a wide shot on me. I shoot back with everything I have. He looks at me... and looks at me... then turns away. ******! Was he shooting at an enemy behind me meaning I just shot a teammate??? He goes down, crap, was that a kill assist for my team or the enemy? Mechs to my left are dying, mechs to my right are dying, it's an all out brawl but I have no way of knowing who is who. I'm the middle but no one is shooting at me! I see an orange spider, I certainly don't remember him from the start position, so I shoot at him. Suddenly:

Crash to desktop! Crap-on-a-*******!!!

So now, everyone will remember me from my obscure greeting. I started the match shooting enemies, then probably shot a teammate, watched everyone die, and finally disconnected. My name is now dirt.

Thus why I made this thread. I'm really sorry team! I really didn't mean for it to go that way! It was a tragic series of events that I really wish could have gone differently. :D

Edited by Flyby215, 04 April 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#2 Lazydrones541

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

I am sure just as soon as the match started, moved through its typical scenarios and ended. Everyone forgot your name and your troubles. I highly doubt you caused as much heartache as you may think. But kudos for the post. Friendly fire happens.

#3 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostFlyby215, on 04 April 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

My apologies to my teammates! Most of whom will never know what happened and will probably forever see my name in hatred... but here's what happened:

The pre-match screen opened, and I put my usual "Hi all Pika pi pikachu" into the chat box.

As my mech started up, I realized in horror, the no HUD bug! Darn, no hud, no chat, no targetting reticle, nothing. Well, no worries, I've handled this before (formerly the "yellow screen bug") all I need to do is put a little peice of tape on my screen to act as a targetting reticle and shoot at whatever my teammates shoot at.

It starts out okay, I peg a Raven a few times with my PPCs, and land some serious hits on an enemy Highlander... but then the brawling begins.

Mechs interweaving and manouvering, and the guy I was following goes down... and all the Atlases and Cataphracts start to look alike... uh-oh...

Suddenly a Stalker takes a wide shot on me. I shoot back with everything I have. He looks at me... and looks at me... then turns away. ******! Was he shooting at an enemy behind me meaning I just shot a teammate??? He goes down, crap, was that a kill assist for my team or the enemy? Mechs to my left are dying, mechs to my right are dying, it's an all out brawl but I have no way of knowing who is who. I'm the middle but no one is shooting at me! I see an orange spider, I certainly don't remember him from the start position, so I shoot at him. Suddenly:

Crash to desktop! Crap-on-a-*******!!!

So now, everyone will remember me from my obscure greeting. I started the match shooting enemies, then probably shot a teammate, watched everyone die, and finally disconnected. My name is now dirt.

Thus why I made this thread. I'm really sorry team! I really didn't mean for it to go that way! It was a tragic series of events that I really wish could have gone differently. :D

Too late - I hate you. You horrible horrible person.

j/k I'm sure they weren't even paying attention.

#4 Kooler

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

You should not have engaged without getting hit but everyone knows about the bugs so you should be ok

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users