29 replies to this topic

#21 Adrian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

View Postdeforce, on 04 April 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

all i want for Christmas is the wang's ballistic hardpoint moved to the torso.

when i see a wang i blow off the left arm and yeah let him shoot 2 ML's the rest of the match.

Keep blowing off that left arm deforce.

Do you even Mechwarrior?

Reports from the field say that my apprentice headshotted your Atlas. Learn to play.

Edited by Adrian Steel, 04 April 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#22 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostDonnie Silveray, on 04 April 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I frequently pilot a YLW and yes, loosing the arm is probably the worst thing that can happen. I've been having a lot of success in it, not terribly sure why. The AC20 arm is very good at training me to make every shot count at almost all angles.... except for up, seems to have issues hitting a target above me, going too high. Either way, if you think about it, the Wang should by all intents and purposes be fairly scary if built well. My Wang has DHS, ES, FF Armor and a larger STD engine. I would go XL but I weighed in that I'd do more if I can spare my cannon arm by letting my left arm and torso be shields. 82kph with speed tweak isn't too bad, you're faster than stock mediums and most heavies and you don't get completely left in the dust by lights without a short chase. Lastly, despite the lack of a lower acuator, being able to pivot that AC20 up and down like that basically means you can get the drop on foes or shoot up at them. That's an advantage the Hunchy lacks, so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's viable.... if terribly specialized.

Again, loosing that arm early game, and you're just a pile of meat. Just do what Hunch pilots do, save that body part at all costs. The Wang can be an absolute nightmare against certain mechs with that much bang, I've shot up Atlai who made the mistake of ignoring the crazy Wang behind them shooting up their rear armor. Or the SplatCat getting the pilot blown to chuncks by a headshot at 50m. Plus... those 3 SRM6 Cents get real angry when I blow off their racks outside of their range.

Arm mount AC20 is so much easier to aim then torso, thats why success. Also, you can shoot it at a far greater up or downslope.

Also, lol at the 2 med lasrs is crap posts. You make a lot of dmg when people decide to ignore you because you have no arms. 10 dmg a pop adds up after while while running around in the brawl being ignored. Sure its no AC20, but zombie wang is still a threat.

#23 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostSephlock, on 04 April 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

I can't find my old list of modified-for-mwo shadow warrior quotes from the beta forums :P.

I AM EVERYBODY'S WORSE-A NIGHTMARE!

Oh god, I love you so much. The Wang should play these quotes after you kill someone.

#24 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostAdrian Steel, on 04 April 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Keep blowing off that left arm deforce.

Do you even Mechwarrior?

Reports from the field say that my apprentice headshotted your Atlas. Learn to play.

most normal players, refert to visual targets not actual.

I do mechwarrior, but seeing as my ELO is probably mounds higher than yours, I guess i never get the chance to stomp you out.

and anyone who has faced me or played with me knows i never pilot an atlas, so gg forumwarrior. come back when you can win a battle in game.

#25 StandingInFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Am I the only one who came to this thread expecting bad wang puns/jokes and left sorely disappointing by the lack thereof?

I mean the title is the perfect lead in, come on internet, you disappoint.

#26 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postdeforce, on 04 April 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

most normal players, refert to visual targets not actual.

I do mechwarrior, but seeing as my ELO is probably mounds higher than yours, I guess i never get the chance to stomp you out.

and anyone who has faced me or played with me knows i never pilot an atlas, so gg forumwarrior. come back when you can win a battle in game.

He is referring to the fact that the AC/20 is on the right arm, not the left. Most players refer to actual weapon hard points too.

Edited by Davers, 04 April 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#27 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostDavers, on 04 April 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

He is referring to the fact that the AC/20 is on the right arm, not the left. Most players refer to actual weapon hard points too.

i know, but 99% of players on comms refer to the visual location of a target facing you, making that arm left visual.

#28 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postdeforce, on 04 April 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

i know, but 99% of players on comms refer to the visual location of a target facing you, making that arm left visual.

I can see that. But on my comms we just say "Shoot the arm" and we know what one we mean. :P

No need to ruin good conversationa about Wangs by being a ****. :)

#29 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Posted Image

The Ladies' Man says, "You cannot blame the Wang. Excuse me, Sweet Thang. Can I buy you a fish sandwich?"

#30 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

The trick to the YLW is to run and gun. Use cover and aim well. Torso twist. Then into cover again. It still works well on River City and Frozen City. 25 hits is 500 damage.

View PostStandingInFire, on 04 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Am I the only one who came to this thread expecting bad wang puns/jokes and left sorely disappointing by the lack thereof?
I mean the title is the perfect lead in, come on internet, you disappoint.

OK here ya go.
I've seen a lot of posts calling the Wang soft. Claiming that it doesn't have the stamina to thrust to the top of the scoreboard. But I disagree - it's the most upright mech I've seen in its weight class. Given proper skill, it can firmly hold the line and with the right motions, there's no defense the Wang can't penetrate.
I really enjoy playing with my Wang. That big AC/20 is loads of fun. The only problem is that without your right arm your Wang doesn't get much done. You have to twist your torso while unloading your big gun.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users