• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

4th Skye Rangers: "Albion"

Taken from Skye-Rangers.net:
"Tactics

...the Fourth Skye Rangers are adept in a wide range of combat tactics, exploiting the broad range of skills and equipment within the RCT. Unlike most Lyran units, they do not favor stand up fights but instead prefer to lure an enemy into overextending themselves, attacking them when they are at their weakest."

Therefore, I intend for tactics to be the heart of our drops. We may be a House Steiner unit, but only a percentage of our forces should be for the big guns. That's still important, mind you. However, a Company of Assaults can only do so much.

Command/Fire Support Lance ("Anvil"):, I intend to lead with a Command/Fire Support Catapult if possible. Therefore, I'd like for two of my three lancemates to aid in defending my position and attacking anyone who gets through the LRM barrage. One of those two could also be fire-support, if we end up with more than one Lance. The fourth unit should be a Scout, so that Command Lance can operate independently of the others.

Assault Lance ("Hammer"): Should we grow to a Company, I would like the second lance to be more of the Steiner-typical variety. Heavy/Assault chassis as the hammer to crush the enemy when they are weakened.

Scout Lance ("Recon"): Third Lance would of course be Scout/Harassment. Lance Leader should be in a scout with good electronics, and at least two of the units should have decent firepower. Fast mediums are acceptable for this position as well. This lance will directly aid Fire Support/Command Lance in spotting targets, and harass/lead enemy troops into ambushes set up by Anvil and Hammer Lances.

In short, we have pretty much any position open, depending on your preference. Of course, you will drop into the 22nd Skye Rangers, but once you prove you're fairly active, you are more than welcome to request a transfer. See you on the battlefield!

-Alistair Steiner

#22 Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

I just sent in application on the website. I must say great work on it from what I have seen so far. Professional and attractive. Much like my Atlas :)

I look forward to marching to war with you all if I am accepted.

#23 Avelox

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Very nice Website. Looks like the Skye Rangers have there act together

#24 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostAvelox, on 20 June 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

Very nice Website. Looks like the Skye Rangers have there act together

Blame Arturus for the excellent site. I was stealing info off his site for my own mental RP character for years. Great place, and we've gotten our hands on some real good folks.

#25 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

heheh, Alistair...consider it 'open source' (fair use) material...much of the background/lore is from the old FASA source books anyway :rolleyes: ... It's been put up for our members and the MW community in general to use as they like...People have been copying the collected info there for years...not just you.

It's all good, my Brothers in Arms...

.../Salute

Edited by Arturus, 21 June 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#26 Ulrik Nygren

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I hope you guys have great success recruiting. The 5th Tikonov looks forwards to fighting by your side on the battlefield.

#27 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Sehkmet...as do we.../Salute !

#28 Assault One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

Sent an application via your website. I hope you'll have me. =D

#29 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Welcome aboard, AssaultOne!

Look forward to our first drop together!

.../Salute

#30 Flawless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

3rd Skye Rangers "Freedom's Star"

Taken from Skye-Rangers.net
"The 3rd Skye Rangers were lost c. 2894 - 2895 on the snowy slopes of Freedom during a massive House Kurita assault. General Arturus Steiner, Margrave of the Skye Theater, 'resurrected' the unit in 3063 in response to the growing threats to Skye from both Kurita and the new Archon, Katrina (Katherine) Steiner.

The 3rd has been outfitted with the latest 'Mechs from Hesperus II and is stationed there as a static garrison until its ranks can be filled with fully trained Mechwarriors. It is expected that the 3rd will concentrate on unit tactics and piloting some of the cutting edge 'Mech designs Hesperus is known to produce.

- Experience Level: Green
- Home Planet/Base: Hesperus II
- LIF Loyalty Rating: Questionable
- Military Assets: 3rd Skye Rangers (120 newly produced 'Mechs from Defiance Industries)"

There is alot of room for us to make our own history now with the 3rd Rangers and I intend to do so. Join me and the 3rd Skye Rangers today!

#31 Emissarius

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

So you said the cannon name issue has been resolved, what will the in game name be out of curiosity?

#32 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostEmissarius, on 28 June 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

So you said the cannon name issue has been resolved, what will the in game name be out of curiosity?

Skye's Own probably...or some variant thereof...we have several names we could use. We can also change it on the website at any time...depending what MWO leaves us with. I expect we will all be joining the House Steiner faction and trying to get into whatever canon Skye unit MWO has anyway...so it may be a moot point.

Fortunately, the website allows us to be flexible in this regard...but rest assured we will not be naming our in game unit (House or merc unit) to mess with canon and will respect PGI's decisions in these matters :P

.../Salute

#33 Emissarius

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostArturus, on 28 June 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Skye's Own probably...or some variant thereof...we have several names we could use. We can also change it on the website at any time...depending what MWO leaves us with. I expect we will all be joining the House Steiner faction and trying to get into whatever canon Skye unit MWO has anyway...so it may be a moot point.

Fortunately, the website allows us to be flexible in this regard...but rest assured we will not be naming our in game unit (House or merc unit) to mess with canon and will respect PGI's decisions in these matters :)

.../Salute

Ok I was just curious. Hopefully using Skye/Skye's won't be banned, due to it _is_ a place on Earth too.

#34 I C U B4 U C ME

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMelbourne (best Australian city)

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

Greetings, I wish to join. I have sent an Application via the website.
Thanks

Edited by I C U B4 U C ME, 29 June 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#35 I C U B4 U C ME

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMelbourne (best Australian city)

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

oh and should i use my in game name for registry on the site or?

#36 Assault One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

Whatever you plan to use and have us call you by I guess. Like your callsign maybe.

*edit* Some use their RP pilot names.

Edited by Assault One, 29 June 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#37 Endust

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostAssault One, on 29 June 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

Whatever you plan to use and have us call you by I guess. Like your callsign maybe.

*edit* Some use their RP pilot names.

Lot better then the PUG way of "hey you in the mech", or the infamous yell of "HELP" on chat followed by "why did no one help me"

Welcome to Teamwork in action!

#38 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

ICU, welcome aboard ! We look forward to the first drop with all you fine 'Mechwarriors!

.../Salute

Edited by Arturus, 30 June 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#39 Raptor8009

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 148 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, Tn

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Bump for my felllow Rangers.

#40 Seth Kerensky

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 2
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Just sent in my application. Excited to join a group that really seems to have their act together and appreciate the source material.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users