#1 Mild Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWhy, East of Eden

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Took this footage in testing grounds.

Me and my target were standing still, 3x zoom engaged, both crosshair and arm reticle were on target, both LL and ERPPC missed because they did not converge on the crosshairs or reticle.

Edited by Mild Monkey, 06 April 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#2 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

Very Interesting stuff

#3 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

weird maybe its only on testing map.

its always wonky

Edited by Tennex, 04 April 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#4 Mild Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

View PostTennex, on 04 April 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

weird maybe its only on testing map.

its always wonky

Nope. This has also occured in actual matches, on any map. This is not so prominent with medium and short range weapons, but using Long range weaponry becomes rather tedious.

#5 Cik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

i don't know, i pilot an atlas and all of my weapons save my arms are always slightly off-center. i just know how to adapt for it. is your problem different than mine?

#6 Obikirk

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Have you submitted a bug report? If not I suggest you do so and include this footage so that PGI can investigate it properly.

#7 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

The problem is that the Founder's Hunchback should be a two-legged platform of thundering death. Instead it is a walking trash can that gets its side torso blown up within seconds and then has to make due with 2 laser slots, one of which is 1 critical big.

#8 Mild Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostCik, on 04 April 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

i don't know, i pilot an atlas and all of my weapons save my arms are always slightly off-center. i just know how to adapt for it. is your problem different than mine?

Not that different at all. However, please note how my LLs are in my arms and fail to hit where the reticule actually is. They always hit just a tad left of the arm reticule. And I had to adapt as well but this is certainly not working as intended. I can imagine that this is rather discouraging for beginners. So yes, going to report this along with the footage. Please feel free to submit your own test result, preferably taken on "real" maps in real matches. We need to buttress this, I guess.

View PostSephlock, on 04 April 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

The problem is that the Founder's Hunchback should be a two-legged platform of thundering death. Instead it is a walking trash can that gets its side torso blown up within seconds and then has to make due with 2 laser slots, one of which is 1 critical big.

True that. Please note, this is not my founders hunch, this is the P variant. This problem appears on every one of my Hunchies. I use the 4SP mostly, built as a striker, so the problem doesn't bother me that much. The 4P I use as a long range supporter, so THERE I need accuracy.

Edited by Mild Monkey, 04 April 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#9 Tykelau

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationPisces - Cetus Supercluster Complex

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostCik, on 04 April 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

Look closely, he fires a large laser from the left arm, another from the right arm and the ppc from the right 'shoulder' and all converge on the same spot, that spot just happens to be left of all the reticles.

On my atlas the weapons (torso or otherwise) are not off centre btw.

#10 Und3rSc0re

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

This op i have this same problem and it is annoying, weird thing is it also tends to change from one side of the reticle to the other.

#11 Deathmetal

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSliasthorpe

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

I noticed, a couple of days ago, that the trajectory of the Gauss Rifle on my Hunchback 4G is way left of the crosshair.
This makes it quite difficult hitting moving targets if they are at longer Range...

Edited by Deathmetal, 04 April 2013 - 11:48 PM.

#12 Cik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostMild Monkey, on 04 April 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

Not that different at all. However, please note how my LLs are in my arms and fail to hit where the reticule actually is. They always hit just a tad left of the arm reticule. And I had to adapt as well but this is certainly not working as intended. I can imagine that this is rather discouraging for beginners. So yes, going to report this along with the footage. Please feel free to submit your own test result, preferably taken on "real" maps in real matches. We need to buttress this, I guess.

True that. Please note, this is not my founders hunch, this is the P variant. This problem appears on every one of my Hunchies. I use the 4SP mostly, built as a striker, so the problem doesn't bother me that much. The 4P I use as a long range supporter, so THERE I need accuracy.

yeah, maybe different entirely then. i notice that my ballistic RT is always slightly south and right of my crosshair, and my missiles are always slightly left. it isn't a big bother though, i just adjust my crosshair a little before i fire. how do i take a screenshot in game? my printscreen just gives me solid black.

#13 Verenus

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

I've noticed the same with my 4P and 4SP after putting LLs in the arms (in a real match). never noticed it before with medium lasers, probably because of the shorter range. Never noticed this with any other mechs (I have a few Awesomes but they don't have this issue I think)

#14 Lavi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostMild Monkey, on 04 April 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Took this footage in testing grounds.

Me and my target were standing still, 3x zoom engaged, both crosshair and arm reticule were on target, bot LL and ERPPC missed because they did not converge on the crosshairs or reticule.

It happened to me too in a normal match with a founders Hunchi armed with GAUSS, LL and ML.
I shot standing still to a standing heavy mech (could it be a stalker or catapult... i only saw the round nose)
all my weapons fired to the right (IIRC) of where crosshair and circle where pointing at.
I moved the crosshair to the left and shooted again (i was pointing to a building the mech was covering on.. almost 100mt less)
Both weapons landed, and I got the visual clues on mech (red armor) and on my hud (armor diagram flashing and reporting damage)

Is it a reported bug with the hunchi???

Edited by Lavi, 04 April 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#15 KingDerp

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostUnd3rSc0re, on 04 April 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

This op i have this same problem and it is annoying, weird thing is it also tends to change from one side of the reticle to the other.

I just went and tested this with medium lasers.

Sometimes it is on the left and then, after movement, it is on the right.

PGI will call it a feature so they don't have to try and fix it. :P

Edited by KingDerp, 05 April 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#16 Mild Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

I don't think they will neglect it. It isn't top priority, but since the Hunchbacks are very affordable, new players will pay for them and be discouraged by this problem. So maybe this will be taken care of. I'm optimistic like that....

Edited by Mild Monkey, 05 April 2013 - 12:25 AM.

#17 GODzillaGSPB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Gauss rifle in my Hunchback hits one to two millimeter left of the reticle. Been that way since...forever. Guess they'll never change it. New mechs are the priority. :P

#18 Mild Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

This might be a problem for new players who aren't in this for a long time. Imagine they buy a Hunch because it is affordable and flexible, equip it with LR weaponry (noobs these days...) and boom... miss. Oh the rage... I can smell the pheromones already, oozing from my monitor in a red hot flood of postpubescent nerdrage.

PGI, puh-lease, fix this some day.

#19 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

The bug with teh 4P is as old as time itself.... somehow it just doesn't get fixed :S

#20 Kasiagora

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 620 posts
  • LocationIf not the mechbay then the battlefield!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

Got yourself a minimap bug there, too, I see. lol

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users