Beable Active Probe

11 replies to this topic

#1 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Currently its sensor range stacks with sensor range module and that is cool

Currently Sensor range module gives you a larger lock on radius VS ECM and that is cool

Currently BAP does NOT give you a larger lock on radius VS ECM and that is NOT cool.

Give BAP probe the same effect as sensor range module VS ECM, this would significantly increase the viability of the BAP.

#2 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

I think you meant FEEBLE Active Probe.

#3 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

+1

This suggestion has been made several times before, and I still support it.

#4 brock0

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Can someone please explain the larger lock-on radius VS ecm? We are talking target lock-on range, and NOT missile lock range (as that is impossible vs ECM)... correct?

#5 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

I agree, but all may not be lost if it gains the Magnetometer capability being discussed in some of the other threads.

#6 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostForestGnome, on 10 April 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

technically, ECM jams all features of the probe (minus the blackbox recording), however the probe is capable of informing the pilot of when it is being jammed.

I think that is where it things could be balanced. It is one thing that a BAP cannot "detect" an ECM mech at range, but it should at least be alerting the pilot to the fact that the probe is being jammed by said ECM at range. Perhaps a nice "PROBE ERROR: ECM DETECTED" alert message could shape things up. No lock on is given, but the BAP carrier would know the approximate location of the ECM and plan a tactical advance accordingly.

I think that is what the red signal bars are for.

#7 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Got ideas for BAP? Vote here!

#8 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

and here http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

#9 chenkTheTank

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

BAP is great. When you have a mech that needs to be quick and precise. With the modules it's even better.

#10 b KEIM

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationCollege Station, TX

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

BAP should be the hard counter to ECM. At 1.5 tons and 2 slots, it would still be iffy if you should take it instead of more ammo or a weapon. But if BAP countered ECM to where all of ECM's affects were null, it would actually be useful. Until it counters ECM it's not useful and is trash.

#11 HereticalPsycho

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

View Postb KEIM, on 10 April 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

BAP should be the hard counter to ECM. At 1.5 tons and 2 slots, it would still be iffy if you should take it instead of more ammo or a weapon. But if BAP countered ECM to where all of ECM's affects were null, it would actually be useful. Until it counters ECM it's not useful and is trash.

Only issue with this solution, since ECM pretty much hard counters LRMs then all LRM boats need to do is bring BAP... Everyone who can bring an ECM does because it hard counters LRMs and with that change every one who could would bring a BAP because it hard counters ECM... Allowing the BAP to assist with ECM effects would be a nice touch since LRM boats could bring one in exchange for some space and not be countered quite as hard by ECM, but I don't feel that BAP stopping ECM entirely is a very balanced solution but that might just be me

#12 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Oh whawww 1.5 tons and 2 slots counters infinite LRMs! 1.5 tons and 2 slots to counter 1.5 tons and 2 slots it is a lot more balanced in comparison.

I'd prefer if ECM countered BAP, but then again, ECM is a super IW compared to everything else. Might as well make BAP counter it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users