Autocannons And How I Learned To Love The Daka Daka.

12 replies to this topic

#1 Vagabond HT

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

I used to be a lonewolf and i am taking my first stride in to joining a faction, Since joining the game i have piloted several mechs Hunchies, Stalkers,a K2 with AC20's. And currently i am rocking my Jagermech 6S running a old school rifleman 3N build. I just wanted to pop in and say hey!. I hope you accept me in to the fold.

I am an assault/heavy pilot with a love for the High calibur, heavy shelling of a Autocannon, If i don't have brass on the ground near my mechs its not fun. I'll be mocing back to assault class of mech when the HNG 732/733C comes to the public.

#2 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Welcome to the AFFS, the House of Dakka! B)

#3 Broad5ide

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Nothing beats the sound of auto-cannon shells firing and then a new one getting loaded. It gets exponentially better the more you have chain firing too.

#4 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

While the Dakka is normally always good.

Sometimes its a pig.

Ilya with 3 UAc5's, chain fire, never jams.
Ilya with 2 UAC5's, chain fire, jams after the first shot on both guns.......

go figure.

#5 th3 fr4gil3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 101 posts
  • Locationbristol, england, a small blue/green Planet somewhere in the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

odd, my 3xuacs jam all the time in chain fire, was going to blame netcode till i noticed you're in UK as well.

#6 Vagabond HT

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:42 AM

I used to run Ultras but the jam rate was way too high for me, so saved some tonage going back to the orginal AC5s and some more ammo ;D. But my main goal is to get a HNG-733C or a 732 and build it in to a nice Brawling with a beefy Autocannon 10,LBX-10 or AC20 in your face brass ejecting pain in the backside. Also the fact that HSR for ACs are comming in as well <3

#7 th3 fr4gil3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 101 posts
  • Locationbristol, england, a small blue/green Planet somewhere in the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

HSR?

#8 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Enjoy it while you can- soon the whiners will take away your dakka dakka.

#9 OliverTwisted

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostSephlock, on 15 September 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Enjoy it while you can- soon the whiners will take away your dakka dakka.

You don't think it got overpowered with the last patch? What you thought you got that much better overnight? Yes it was fun at first until you realize that yes they boosted it too much and it needs a rebalance. Don't worry after they fix it you can always go back to picking on your little brother or pulling the legs off an insect for enjoyment. A well balanced game, to me, is much more enjoyable. I actually liked it the way I was, effective but risky. Disregard the sarcasm its kinda my thing.

Edited by OliverTwisted, 15 September 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#10 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

There is never enough dakka in the universe.

#11 MooseTaco

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 16 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

Shooting an annoying spider in the face with an AC/20 is pretty nice as well. Stepping over the corpse for your next target even better.

#12 Abagnatius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 192 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech's Cockpit aiming at you...

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

I too am a dakka fan. I have begun to use a heavy hitter (AC 5 or 10) and an AC2 to keep the target pilot und continuous fire. Piloting medium and heavy mechs mostly I make even Atlas pilots massaging their "S" key that way xD.

EDIT:

Ah yes: Just yesterday I was piloting something heavyer (the Highlander I think) that has an AC20. Some light mech was annoying half my Team, I was a couple of 100 metres away on the other side of a hill.
When I relocated after exchanging fire with some other mechs that light suddelny appeared in front of me and I reacted before thinking. I saw the enemy light from the side, but missed his arm and blew out his CT with my AC20.
Needless to say that I was grinning for the rest of the match xD.

Edited by Gridian, 20 September 2013 - 12:35 AM.

#13 Asher Vance

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

Haha, had a similar situation the other day while running around with my 2xGauss Cataphract. It was on Tourmaline Desert, and we were fighting around the big outcrop in the center of the map. I'd just dumped about 20 rounds of Gauss ammo into a lance of assault mechs and was backing off to wait for more teammates to show up.

This Cicada comes running around the corner doing about a million kph, and I just happened to have had my finger on the trigger. I released because I was surprised he appeared, and shot his cockpit off. He went from totally fine to instantly dead in one lucky hit.

I felt kinda bad, but was laughing my rear off.

Edited by Asher Vance, 23 September 2013 - 03:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users