I fail everytime I drop.

#22 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

The current patch is horrible.

I drop with two friends most of the time. A bugfree game is very rare.

No hud, no targetmarkers, no minimap, no textures, wwwwwwww, we have seen it all. I would say the chance to run into a gamebreaking bug is at least 33%.

This is no fun.

Balance on the other hand has never been better. Apart from missiles needing a slight damage adjustment.

#23 Arete

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

All the resurfaced UI bugs is really irritating ATM. But I can't say that I've had any problems finding a match. Had 2 fails yesterday, did find a match in seconds afterwards when it happened.

#24 Tompaboy

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:51 AM

Why is it that everytime the matchmaker fails to find me a game with fellow medium Elo rating players (atleast i think so :P )
bumps me to play with the high end players rather than the low end?!

I would really like to be the stomper for once than be the stompee or whatever its called all the time.

#25 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

I just had the joy of a connection falling apart just as a round started... I was walking off the starting spot and suddenly my connection to the server died. I got a greeting from someone and was like "hey!" back to them, then suddenly i notice the bad sign that other mechs are walking in place, and then suddenly, even though I'm nowhere near the edge of the map, I get an "Out of Bounds" countdown. And no matter what I did, it continued counting down and then killed me. Somehow incoming chat was still working and I saw a "wtf?" from the fellow who greeted me, but I couldn't respond.

#26 Grayseven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

I'm hoping the bugs from the last patch get fixed tomorrow. I can't chat until the end of game, getting into a match takes minutes when it used to happen pretty quick, mechs are jumping all over the place and even when I'm point blank in someones face my shots somehow miss (at 60 ping), I'm getting shot through structures...

The game is an absolute mess and after playing a few matches last night I can easily understand why people aren't playing right now.

#27 xDeityx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

View PostI am, on 07 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

I'll give you a clue.

People like this, and MWO doesn't have it.

Posted Image

I thought you meant asian players at first..../facepalm

#28 Grenadapult

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHermann, MO

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

I too haven't been playing. Game perormance went from just fine to crap in one patch. I've been playing a couple matches a day, to see if anything has gotten better. Nothing yet. But hey, I've been wanting to try out Portal 2 and Halo 4. I guess I have my chance now.

#29 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

Simple if you are dropping 8 mans you are going to have a bad time finding groups, depending on time of day.

I get 1-2 failed a day normally after a long search. Your ELO must be so horrible it can't find anyone lower to match you with if needed.

#30 Kell Draygo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 884 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

Stopped playing because the quality of the game is just so poor now. Maybe in half a year I'll take a peek again or if there is an enormous amount of praise on the forums.

#31 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

View PostKell Draygo, on 08 April 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Maybe in half a year I'll take a peek again or if there is an enormous amount of praise on the forums.

They should force their board of directors to pub for an entire afternoon, which would be especially effective if they never have, thus mirroring the new player experience. That would get things moving.

By the end of the day 4 mans vs pubs, the Raven, and a number of other cancerous elements of the game, would be removed permanantly.

This game feels too much like CoD. I blame the lights.

#32 Marcus Cvellus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostXelah, on 07 April 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

I'm not playing until they hotfix whatever is making me teleport.

Amen to that.

#33 Marcus Cvellus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostI am, on 08 April 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

They should force their board of directors to pub for an entire afternoon, which would be especially effective if they never have, thus mirroring the new player experience. That would get things moving.

By the end of the day 4 mans vs pubs, the Raven, and a number of other cancerous elements of the game, would be removed permanantly.

This game feels too much like CoD. I blame the lights.

Hey bro, i do say it is moving toward the CoD feel, but dont blame the lights. Piloting most of the lights is pure masochism!

#34 Gregore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostXeven, on 07 April 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

So few players I can't find match? Is this game near dead? I often fail to find match? Are that few playing now?

It is just that you are soooo good the matchmaker cannot find any appropriate players to match your skill level.

#35 xDeityx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

I've been playing other games recently. MWO hasn't had any real game-changing content added in quite a while, just new 'mechs and a dribbling of new maps that are pretty meh. That wouldn't be so bad if the existing content was anywhere approaching balanced, but since there are only a handful of good 'mechs with a handful of good loadouts because there are only a handful of good weapons, I'm just bored with it.

If PGI had better communication it wouldn't be so bad, but since I have no clue what they are doing with Community Warfare right now I don't have much to look forward to either.

#36 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

The game really has issues with the matchmaker. I was under the impression they were going to be tweaking it often, but I don't remember reading about them touching it since the initial giant screw up.

Maybe it's all done internally? But I'm pretty sure they had to bring the server down for a moment to fix it the one time.

It sucks though.

I'll add my hat to the group who stopped playing. The recent patch was just the last straw.

#37 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 08 April 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

The game really has issues with the matchmaker. I was under the impression they were going to be tweaking it often, but I don't remember reading about them touching it since the initial giant screw up.

Maybe it's all done internally? But I'm pretty sure they had to bring the server down for a moment to fix it the one time.

It sucks though.

I'll add my hat to the group who stopped playing. The recent patch was just the last straw.

Hard to overcome a group of closely identical elos, assumably very high, grouping and making up half a team. Heck even the same, where they make up 33% of a team, will be difficult. 12v 12 will help, 20 v 20 would be better.

#38 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostI am, on 08 April 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

Hard to overcome a group of closely identical elos, assumably very high, grouping and making up half a team. Heck even the same, where they make up 33% of a team, will be difficult. 12v 12 will help, 20 v 20 would be better.

I don't really care about the "why's" at this point. We spend so much time discussing WHY alpha builds are good/bad, WHY ECM is good/bad, etc.

All I know is the Matchmaker sucks, and they should be spending more time fixing it instead of releasing broken consumables.

#39 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 April 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

And you're going to refute it with facts and numbers. Right?

Poll?

#40 pjnt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 425 posts
  • LocationDetention Block 23, Death Star

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostI am, on 07 April 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Team Leader speaks the truth. He's going to prove it now by backing his post up with facts and numbers, right?

View PostRoadbeer, on 07 April 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

And you're going to refute it with facts and numbers. Right?

Both right or wrong. They took down the numbers ages ago for some reason. Embarrassment or some Cry Engine 3 mechanic problem which I am certain to not understand.

Point is we have no idea. Like too much around here. Guess. I do know that I can run across the same players repeatedly during a session (not had any games in a while though). In WoT I virtually never see anyone twice and they list 50k players on their servers. True? They really don't matter. If you're playing the same people all the time or not finding matches, it's a bad sign.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users