Mechwarrior Online Is Melting Down

136 replies to this topic

#121 FarEYE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostViper69, on 08 April 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

I dont expect anything, did I say I did?

When right before the first Hero weekend I get excited buy a bunch of premium time, then the patch just ruins the game for my m11x laptop. I actually bought a new computer to keep playing this game, that is how much I was into it at the time. I bought a new 6 core desktop. Several patches later it is getting worse, I have invested way more than I should have into this game. And yeah I want something. It does not have to be a refund, but I want to know they appreciated my expense, what I got with my laptop was an insulting attitude: you shoulda spent more on a desk top, our game is fine it is your computer, this game is for super computers only attitude. Cause now I have a super computer and this game is still poorly functioning. Am I a fool or a valued beta tester?

If you invest into a new company, a new beta game, and it never reaches even a moderate standard that you can convince your friends to persevere through to play with you wouldn't you want your money back? If a game take millions in for a beta and never releases it, would that company ever recover?

#122 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostFarEYE, on 09 April 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

When right before the first Hero weekend I get excited buy a bunch of premium time, then the patch just ruins the game for my m11x laptop. I actually bought a new computer to keep playing this game, that is how much I was into it at the time. I bought a new 6 core desktop. Several patches later it is getting worse, I have invested way more than I should have into this game. And yeah I want something. It does not have to be a refund, but I want to know they appreciated my expense, what I got with my laptop was an insulting attitude: you shoulda spent more on a desk top, our game is fine it is your computer, this game is for super computers only attitude. Cause now I have a super computer and this game is still poorly functioning. Am I a fool or a valued beta tester?

If you invest into a new company, a new beta game, and it never reaches even a moderate standard that you can convince your friends to persevere through to play with you wouldn't you want your money back? If a game take millions in for a beta and never releases it, would that company ever recover?

You are no fool my friend. Your investment in a new computer can show its value in many other areas. As for your last question. Odds are the company would sell its intellectual property to recover the loss and be absorbed into another developing company. I would never want these guys to go under because as a small business owner I know how hard it is to turn your dream into a reality only to have it crumble around you. Nobody takes this leap of faith lightly and we as investors did not as well. However we also bear some small minute risk that if something happens we are all out the money we have spent, be it on founders or anyone who has bought MC. Its a risk and we all just have to hope that these guys make it for all our sake. Us its a small loss of money to others its a dream dead.

#123 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostViper69, on 09 April 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

You are no fool my friend. Your investment in a new computer can show its value in many other areas. As for your last question. Odds are the company would sell its intellectual property to recover the loss and be absorbed into another developing company. I would never want these guys to go under because as a small business owner I know how hard it is to turn your dream into a reality only to have it crumble around you. Nobody takes this leap of faith lightly and we as investors did not as well. However we also bear some small minute risk that if something happens we are all out the money we have spent, be it on founders or anyone who has bought MC. Its a risk and we all just have to hope that these guys make it for all our sake. Us its a small loss of money to others its a dream dead.

Let's hope if it does come to letting the Intellectual Property go - it goes to someone with MORE, MUCH MORE resources than PGI currently has. I think most investors can see the potential here.

#124 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 09 April 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Let's hope if it does come to letting the Intellectual Property go - it goes to someone with MORE, MUCH MORE resources than PGI currently has. I think most investors can see the potential here.

If it does come to that, lets just hope they don't sit on the IP and let it rot.

#125 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

The main problem with PGI is a serious lack of accountability/communication.

#126 Sa7aN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 09 April 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

View PostTehSBGX, on 09 April 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

If it does come to that, lets just hope they don't sit on the IP and let it rot.

View PostTexas Merc, on 09 April 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

at this point im blaming IGP more than PGI... and ive been more than critical of PGI since well before open beta

#127 iusehaxs

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

the problem i think with this is PGI should at least look into bugs or problems that makes people unable to play and just forget the whiners about weapons/mechs for the meantime i mean come on less people playing less enjoyable experience for all

i think THAT should be on their list.

#128 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 07 April 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't call any of those major bugs.
What? Not being able to tell who is on your team, or not having a target reticle, or not having a radar, basically ruin a match for you.

It's hard to understand why the devs are releasing pink mechs with gimmicky loudspeakers when these core game mechanic issues are still happening with regularity.

#129 Barghest Whelp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationIn a loophole

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 07 April 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

I wouldn't call any of those major bugs. They are inconvient more than anything. 4FPS and black screen bugs from back in the day were far worse than not being able to see your minimap.

Well, I don't know about you, but having no UI, not being able to see who's an enemy, not having a map or radar is really game breaking to me.

But then again, if you feel that these features aren't critical to your performance, then I guess they could just remove those features and I could quit the game once and for all. After all, it seems to be more hassle than it's worth atm, and if they just removed said features, they wouldn't have to waste resources trying to fix any bugs related to aforementioned features.

Seems like a win/win situation to me. I get my life back, and PGI can spend their time on implementing new features instead.

#130 RainbowToh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 753 posts
  • LocationLittle Red Dot, SouthEastAsia

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:54 AM

While you guys are tossing the phrase 'Rocket Science' all over the place, I realised that coding and development MWO for people from all over the planet, with all sorts of internet speeds and varied standards of computers, is alot ******* harder than rocket science. Cus at least the rocket science folks get proper funding, their bosses know their work is tough and give them proper deadlines without all the ranting and whining.

What do PGI get? Heck if code can be magically rewritten if they tossed money at it they would. Devs have weekends and personal lives too.

Im sorry you are getting these bugs. But if you are only in a small percentile, im sorry, you are not going to get a hotfix. Those bugs are just have to wait in line like the rest. Seeing that not everybody is screaming their heads off over these bugs, unlike that black screen bug which nearly everybody had, well you just have to wait.

And for those who have started their premium time, I have no idea what were you thinking.

#131 Aim-Bot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 396 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostCarpetShark, on 07 April 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

I just got a totally new (to me) bug. Halfway through the match, my arms locked to my torso just like the option had been set. Except I didn't set it.

Hitting or holding shift changed nothing. Setting and unsetting the option changed nothing.

Very frustrating.

Maybe you was piloting a raven ;)

#132 Horace83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

My Clan (1st Royal Guards) has basically stopped playing MWO since last week because it has become almost unplayable. Its not only the bugs (which have increased in general - old ones as well as the new ones like the lsd-map or the beloved triangles...). Combined with the imo unbalanced LRM Hotfix most of us play other MMOs now until a new patch or fix arrives.

I switched from a Nvidia Card to a Radeon HD7850 and had NO bugs on both cards for quite some time. Since the last patch i got one bug every 3 or 4 drops. Mostly minor ones but except the triangles i got EVERY bug mentioned here before. Which sucks if you had just bought your premium time for that day...well thats the risk of investing money into a beta, i know.

What im trying to say is: It is not only a small percentage experencing these problems AND it is mostly the hardcore player/founder type of player who is so annoyed that he stops playing.
I think it is time for a official statement somehow but we know how the communication works on here, so i guess we will have to wait a little longer...

#133 Karazyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

View PostTexas Merc, on 09 April 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

im glad they dont listen to most people, you think they dont already know that these bugs exist? they do you crying and saying your leaving because they are not fast enough for your liking is probably really disheartening.

there is no need to scream at PGI like self entitled jackasses people, appreciate what you are given and appreciate the work that they are doing on this game, they could be developing something that would sell much better remember that.

#134 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

hey erm Derrpy is it? Im not crying or leaving. Go read the Patch feedback section. The stability thread has almost 12k views in less than a week. Now a lot of THOSE people may be saying they are leaving, but I never said I was Bub. Also, Good Morning ;)

#135 Stone Profit

• Leftenant Colonel
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 08 April 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Say what?

The disco tripping balls bug is a MAJOR bug. You can NOT PLAY at all when it shows up. POOF, you can't see anything but wild shades of brilliant colors spining all over the screen.

You're forced to either quit the game or alt tab repeatedly until it goes away.

The thing is... the bug ALWAYS occurs when you are face to face with the enemy--no other time (which might be a clue as to what is causing it) so the odds are that you will get hurt or blown up when it happens.

Thats not true. I have gotten it twice, both times when I had ample opportunity to alt tab out and come back in as there were no enemies around. And it works. If you cant hande occaisional bugs, come back at end of summer launch date. until then report em and quit whining.

#136 Wildman13

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 92 posts
  • Locationseabrook, tx

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostBarghest Whelp, on 10 April 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Well, I don't know about you, but having no UI, not being able to see who's an enemy, not having a map or radar is really game breaking to me.

But then again, if you feel that these features aren't critical to your performance, then I guess they could just remove those features and I could quit the game once and for all. After all, it seems to be more hassle than it's worth atm, and if they just removed said features, they wouldn't have to waste resources trying to fix any bugs related to aforementioned features.

Seems like a win/win situation to me. I get my life back, and PGI can spend their time on implementing new features instead.

I don't mind the bugs for two reasons. First, I'm a beta tester, even though I've paid money for MC. I know plenty of people who would be willing to pay for access to a beta for a favorite title. Second, I've lived long enough to know that, in the real world, things go wrong with technology. Mini-map doesn't work? Ok so my mech maintenance staff installed the radar unit while hungover and forgot to connect the leads. IFF not working? Maybe a part shorted out. If anything it adds some realism to a giant fighting robot game. Even better, they'll be fixed sooner rather than later.

#137 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostSa7aN, on 09 April 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

at this point im blaming IGP more than PGI... and ive been more than critical of PGI since well before open beta

I have to laugh at this research as I have and you will find there almost one and the same company's. ---->

View PostFatDaddy, on 10 April 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

I don't mind the bugs for two reasons. First, I'm a beta tester, even though I've paid money for MC. I know plenty of people who would be willing to pay for access to a beta for a favorite title. Second, I've lived long enough to know that, in the real world, things go wrong with technology. Mini-map doesn't work? Ok so my mech maintenance staff installed the radar unit while hungover and forgot to connect the leads. IFF not working? Maybe a part shorted out. If anything it adds some realism to a giant fighting robot game. Even better, they'll be fixed sooner rather than later.

I could forgive PGI for everything bugs late content whatever but when I cant save my configs I make in mechlab pick the map I want to drop onto and play with my friends and team mates that's where I have gotten irritated and no league's for competition plus no huge chat lobby so I could train recruit and socialize. Anything else I could be happy with even if I pay for it in $USD.

Edited by KingCobra, 10 April 2013 - 11:33 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users