Mechwarrior Online Is Melting Down

136 replies to this topic

#81 Old Mechdonald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

I have every bug mentioned here. They are not machine specific. I have reloaded the game several times, just to be sure.
One problem I fixed for myself. Somehow in the settings it got set to medium processor....I got lock ups...then I set it to High and the lock-ups went away. But still getting the minimap anomalies and the disco triangles pretty regularly. But you know what I still play. I love the game that much.

#82 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 08 April 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

I should have linked that. Thanks!
What I meant by "Are you getting angry that PGI is oblivious to bugs?" is that's just what it seemed like the reason why he's angry. I'm fully aware and trusting that you guys got it together.
P.S.: I'm really glad you guys take the time to type out those updates. I'll link it next time.

#83 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

View Postp00k, on 08 April 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

then you should probably look back to the forums near the end of closed beta

and you can plug your ears and cover your eyes and pretend everything the devs state prior to <insert arbitrary date> is meaningless, but that doesn't change those other things i pointed out. you know, the <everything that matters> is final part
I can say that shelled peanuts increase frontal cortex degradation by 2% and failure beyond the age of 70 by 20%. But hey, I got no proof. But that’s okay, just take my word for it man, I heard it somewhere one time and I totally think it’s true! You need to eat less peanuts!!!

From Ask the Devs 35

CSLaoch: With the addition of the highlander, is there a chance that "death from above" may become possible, ex: crushing light mechs, or at least causing structural damage?
A: Yes when we re-introduce collisions after launch.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 08 April 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#84 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Trust me, you're better off bugging out of the match early on... it's less painful than getting butt-fudged by sissy-pants PPC and gauss builds.

#85 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostRenthrak, on 07 April 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

Holy CRAP people are spoiled.

"There's a bug with this unfinished game and it's not fixed over-night. LAAAAME!" . . . . . really? Come on. Can someone please explain to these . . . people . . . that the ENTIRE REASON that we are PLAYING MWO is to FIND these bugs, so that they can be FIXED? That's what 'beta' means.

Bugs are going to happen, stop acting surprised. Take note of the bugs, report them, and carry on. If your game is unplayable, wait for the next patch. It's not rocket science. Feel free to complain when a bug hasn't been fixed for a couple months, if you feel it needs to be a higher priority. Otherwise, you are just wasting your time and ours.

Son, preach this to those who haven't done this since last June....and still see the same bugs after patches, bugs that shouldn't be there because they were supposedly fixed. Only to come back to life during a new content patch....I swear it's like somebody isn't checking the codebase before compile.

Too many hours maybe, not enough coffee, something....do you guys need better coffee?

I can send some if it helps.

#86 AegisKay

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

We need more petrol for this fire. It is true the game is in beta so we can't expect a squeaky clean game yet but if we're at the stage of regular 'mech releases and new things to buy then maybe it would be great just to have a patch that was entirely dedicated to bug fixes and nothing else? It sucks to read the bug pages with big "fixed" icons above topics only to see the same bug resurface weeks later. While the bugs are few, kill them before more appear. Then get the shiny new stuff in. I'd like to play the game more, but recently its been more difficult than most days and its starting to get stale.

Maybe once its stable I'll buy a shiny hero 'mech to celebrate, but not until then.

#87 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 08 April 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

Man you guys have it hard.

The only bug I've had is 1 match with a non working mini map

Same here. I'm curious about the disco bug?

#88 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostXmith, on 08 April 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Same here. I'm curious about the disco bug?

That one is new to me too. I come online here, and read about all these bugs, and then never get to see any of them in action, and it makes me feel like I'm missing some invaluable part of the MWO experience.

#89 Xenodraken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada - no not in an igloo O.o

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

I get a few myself.. A lot less then when i was in closed beta for sure.. I recently came back to the game after i discovered how well it works on my ne nvdia card compared to my old 7970. I'd post screenies of the few bugs i got, but i think 6040x1080 resolution would be a pain as it is to look at on normal screens :P

Maybe when the bosses know we are in a not so stable phase of developement they should up XP or CBILL returns per match during that time? Its still beta yes.. but as others have stated.. people are putting money into it now.

Over all .. having been in the closed beta too.. the game has come A LONG WAY.

Now please put out a game mode that doesnt involve base/point captures of any kind. :D

#90 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Nah OP, just some forum members melting down. Nothing uncommon.

#91 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

So when they move to a real release, and we get the F2P version of Sonic 2006 (at this rate), what's the excuse gonna be?

#92 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

So when they move to a real release, and we get the F2P version of Sonic 2006 (at this rate), what's the excuse gonna be?

I've already heard a few people blaming it on "bad testers" and "the community failing PGI"

So that, probably.

Posted Image

#93 Infernus1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRuss's Island

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Boy I can't wait to see all these people take to gaming sites review comments when this game releases
so they can tell all the reviewers how wrong they are about any valid criticism of the game because reasons.
Posted Image

Edited by Infernus1986, 08 April 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#94 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Bad testers and the community failing PGI huh?

You know, if PGI would actually listen to the community... this game wouldn't be in the state it's in, might be half playable, and actually have some semblance of balance.

But it's cool, people are sheep, it couldn't possibly be the company handling the game.

#95 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 08 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

They wanted to make sure it was A A A ?

#96 Tickdoff Tank

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 08 April 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Bad testers and the community failing PGI huh?

You know, if PGI would actually listen to the community... this game wouldn't be in the state it's in, might be half playable, and actually have some semblance of balance.

But it's cool, people are sheep, it couldn't possibly be the company handling the game.

If PGI listened to the community the game would be completely unplayable, balance would be a complete joke and no one would be playing at all.

The community is not comprised of game programmers. Just a bunch of end product users with delusions of grandeur.

#97 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 08 April 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

If PGI listened to the community the game would be completely unplayable, balance would be a complete joke and no one would be playing at all.

The community is not comprised of game programmers. Just a bunch of end product users with delusions of grandeur.

I agree with that.

EDIT: Perhaps truer if you said listened to all of them.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 08 April 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#98 Infernus1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRuss's Island

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostTickdoff Tank, on 08 April 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

somehow i'm struggling to see how our current situation isn't exactly this
Balance HA HA
I have over 100 players on my ingame friends list
Lately i'm lucky to see 3 or 4 on at a time today there was nobody on

#99 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostRenthrak, on 07 April 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

If your game is unplayable, wait for the next patch.

Will you be the one reimbursing peoples premium time I take it? I didn't think so.

#100 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostViper69, on 08 April 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Will you be the one reimbursing peoples premium time I take it? I didn't think so.

You're taking the risk of buying premium time during Beta and you expect a refund when problems arise?

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users