Where To Go With Centurions?

30 replies to this topic

#21 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

Looks like a good build, I'll try it out. I don't think I have a STD 275 in my storage though, so a bit grinding before that. :)

View PostFallreaper, on 09 April 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

Oh and remember to open the missile bay doors when engaging opponents. This enables quicker missile salvos and better accuracy since you don't have to lead the target so much. But always remember to torso twist between missile barrages if the enemy is targeting you.

Yeah. Btw, it's pretty annoying that the missile bays open/closed light is just outside view, I have to use free look just to see if I opened them already or not. :)

#22 Fallreaper

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

View PostKyynele, on 09 April 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

Yeah. Btw, it's pretty annoying that the missile bays open/closed light is just outside view, I have to use free look just to see if I opened them already or not. :)

If you play with brawlers and specially with centurions, I'd suggest increasing your fov by tweaking the user.cfg file. In addition with seeing the indicator light you get better situational awareness which is what you need for effective torso twist. Though bigger fov distorts the indicator light color a bit so makes it tougher to know the state of missile bay doors.

#23 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostFallreaper, on 09 April 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

My favourite mech currently is the CN9-A with the following build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dab374d3a0242da

The best brawler build in my opinion. Even with missile nerf.

I ran that build for quite some time, but lately I've been going back to the Jack-of-all-Trades concept; that's what the CN9 should be about, after all.

So this build is what I'm running now: UAC/5, 2xML, 1xALRM-10, 2xSSRM-2. It's extremely versatile, at range you either snipe them with the UAC/5 or barrage them with the ALRM-10 (or both), up close you switch the ALRM for the SSRMs and MLs.

The only drawback it has is that it's running a 200 engine; that's really slow after you've gotten used to the 260...

So how does it fare in-game? Here's the first drop I did with it:

Posted Image

Not too shabby, right?

#24 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

buy Wang = feel happy ! Hands down the best Cent there is. std 250 endo Ferro double HS 2 ML´s and that nasty ac20/ 4 tonns of ammo will make u the living nightmare of any Atlas/Stalker or enter random mch here. positve side effect IT AINT NO CHEESE BRO ITS PURE SKILL !

#25 Dth2Vwls

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

I really like taking the AL with x2 Large Lasers, x2 Medium Lasers, a 250 standard engine, and some missiles in the left torso. Right now I'm using a pair of Streaks, and it makes a fun design for scaring lights away. I'd like to scrape up a ton to put dual SRM4s, but I think the only good way to do it would be to drop a heat sink and then it'll run kind of hot.

The 9A build someone posted with x3 SRM6s+Artemis is also a lot of fun. Fast, runs cool, and puts out a ton of damage. Stick near your assaults and throw out a ton of burst damage and you'll have a good time.

I've been trying a bunch of random builds for my 9D. A UAC/5, x2 MLs, and x2 Streaks worked pretty well for a while. Now I'm using it to play with the AC/2, LRM15+Artemis, and x2 Medium Lasers. I'm not sure if I like it yet. I'm considering trying a build with double AC/2s but I'm concerned that it'll be too reliant on keeping the right arm alive.

#26 DocGiggles

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

The thing that bugs me about the Cents is that you are very likely going to lose your arms. While that means it would be wise to let them go unarmed, I hate wasting hardpoints, and so the AL has become my favorite variant. Two mlas in the arm isnt too much of an investment, and so the right arm can be expendable like it must be on a centurion, while still providing good power for while i have it. Four Mlas is nothing to be dismissed by any class, and with two srm6 + arty (along with ferro and endo) you can still install a STD 275 for impressive speed. Once properly fixed, the old Srmboat A will probably return to its former power, but the AL is far more fun than the A ever was for me.

#27 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Here's what I just started running.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...73c1981374cfe81

I'm just not a huge missiles fan at the best of time. Though it's been hard getting used to aiming with the arm for my Gauss.

#28 Ninjamoose

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts
  • LocationProbably in front of my computer.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Well you only have 200 SRM ammo. That in itself is an issue.

#29 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostDulahan, on 16 April 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

Here's what I just started running.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...73c1981374cfe81

I'm just not a huge missiles fan at the best of time. Though it's been hard getting used to aiming with the arm for my Gauss.

drop the two engine HS, drop FF, leg armor down to 39 points ea, add one ton gauss ammo ...
or stripp half ton of armor from the left arm and get yourself AMS+Ammo

Edited by EvangelionUnit, 16 April 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#30 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

So far I haven't been surviving long enough to even use half my ammo on the Gauss. Otherwise, yeah, I could see the reasoning.

#31 Goregrimm

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

This thread makes me wish I had kept my CN9-A.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users