Idle Time Out Erases Config

4 replies to this topic

#1 protoKol

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

If I leave the home screen open for a while I time out (as intended) but when I log back in I log back in I have to reassign keys and video settings. Any solution or fix? Anyone else having the problem or is it just me? (Search isn't working)

#2 Dale

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

If you are in the options menu and time out, then it will reset all of your options to default. If you are simply on the main screen (not the options menu) and it resets your options to default I would recommend reinstalling the game as I've not heard of this happening to anyone else. Finally, send a bug report over to support@mwomercs.com

#3 Mayflower

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorthern Europe / Nordic

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

I have this problem as well, the last time I timed out it didn't seem to reset, but the reset has occurred so often that I really doubt I had options open each time (I usually idle in home or mech bay screens I would think).

#4 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

From another similar thread...

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2638330
If you are logged out due to inactivity, close the launchpad and open up a new one.

You are not actually losing any setting. The information is being released/overwritten and is not pulled up again, most likely due to some system settings (power options and/or sleep modes) so the game uses default settings. Shutting down the launchpad and starting a new one will read and pull up your settings.

It is noted in the Patcher/Issue section.

I personally have not run in this issue at any time when I have been logged out due to inactivity but then I do not like sleep modes and have my power options set to Best Performance. Default Windows settings for a gamer tends to cause weird issues. The longer a game is played (that day, hours a day, weekly) the more likely an issue will appear to be reoccurring.

But from those who do run into this issue, their current resolution is to log completely out of MWO then bring it up again.

#5 Moku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

This happened to me last night... oh what fun playing in default settings for a drop:-) It really is a pain remembering my optimal settings though and remapping some buttons. Thankfully, mech tic configurations aren't lost when you do a clean full login again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users