Machine Gun Balance Feedback

1386 replies to this topic

#1381 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 November 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

i DID always rather like running a Piranha in TT.

I had a more conventional taste; light-on-light combat. One of my favourite pastimes was using a lance of 20-tonners (Wasps, Stingers, Locusts) to take out another light lance. Fast, speedy combat with lots of dakka and pew-pew. I'd even let my opponent pick whatever tonnage he wanted for a quick four-on-four; half the time I'd win anyway :)

But that was with stock TRO:3025 'mechs, not the tricked-out 3050 monstrosities we have in MWO.

Either way, and more relevant to the topic at hand, the TT MG was a very effective if range-limited weapon, translating the damage to MWO's current double armour values it would do 4 damage per hit.

#1382 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

View Poststjobe, on 06 November 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

I had a more conventional taste; light-on-light combat. One of my favourite pastimes was using a lance of 20-tonners (Wasps, Stingers, Locusts) to take out another light lance. Fast, speedy combat with lots of dakka and pew-pew. I'd even let my opponent pick whatever tonnage he wanted for a quick four-on-four; half the time I'd win anyway :)

But that was with stock TRO:3025 'mechs, not the tricked-out 3050 monstrosities we have in MWO.

Either way, and more relevant to the topic at hand, the TT MG was a very effective if range-limited weapon, translating the damage to MWO's current double armour values it would do 4 damage per hit.

I had a modified UrbanMech IIC (Callsign "Martyr") for that. Had 8 SRM6 racks, w/ 2 tons of ammo. 4 forward, 4 back..... XL150 and 2 JJ. It's job, in my Urbanmech lance, was to jump in the middle of the enemy lance, "explode" than jump over the buildings and out of the way as the rest of the lance moved in with RAC fire.

We mighta been toast in the open field, but my Lance of Urbies OWNED the city.

#1383 stillnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSolaris V.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Oh. My. Lord'e. That is quite a long line of Threads. Are Machine Guns really that big of a deal? Sure, being close to coring they become a real threat, but other than that they're just an annoyance. But who knows *shrug*.

#1384 Svensken

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

View Poststillnight, on 06 November 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Oh. My. Lord'e. That is quite a long line of Threads. Are Machine Guns really that big of a deal? Sure, being close to coring they become a real threat, but other than that they're just an annoyance. But who knows *shrug*.

they became that big of a deal when the devs put mechs ingame that use em for primary armament

#1385 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostSvensken, on 12 November 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

they became that big of a deal when the devs put mechs ingame that use em for primary armament

The Spider-5K and now Lolcust-1V is sharing in the mediocrity that is the MG.

#1386 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 November 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

The Spider-5K and now Lolcust-1V is sharing in the mediocrity that is the MG.

You mean? I'm in the process of trying all Locust to Elite the last one I'll keep and I'm with the 2nd one now which is the 1V because I thought I would go with the 3M as the last one to keep but I realize that the 1V may be the one to keep, it does an incredible job.

I realy like MGs.

#1387 Svensken

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostRhialto, on 13 November 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

You mean? I'm in the process of trying all Locust to Elite the last one I'll keep and I'm with the 2nd one now which is the 1V because I thought I would go with the 3M as the last one to keep but I realize that the 1V may be the one to keep, it does an incredible job.

I realy like MGs.

youd like em more if they were the mini AC/2s they are suposed to be ^^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users