Newly Alligned To Davion, Needing A Home

7 replies to this topic

#1 Azadrael

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hello everyone, I have been into the Mechwarrior games for quite some time now, but I never got big into the fluff. I have been playing since MW2, and I was young then, so I just cared about the game and not really the story. Now that I am older (25), I have started to get into the fluff, and I am quite the fan of House Davion. Now before I get flamed for not just reading all of the recruitment pages, let me explain why I made a new post instead.

I just recently moved back to Tennessee from Arizona, with my wife and son. I do not have my own PC right now, so I try to play when I come visit my father during the week, on his PC. I am working on getting my own PC soon, but the move hurt quite a bit financially. We had to make the move so I could focus on my mma fighting, there are better gyms out here. Either way, my dad's PC seems to hate my headset... so I cannot use TS or anything of the sort. That is primarily why I posted here, because I know a lot of the guilds on here ask for new recruits to jump on TS and get to know each other.

I really enjoy this game a lot, and I plan on being around for quite a bit. I want to join a guild who wants to have fun, but I also enjoy being competitive. I am seriously tired of joining PUG's who have absolutely no sense of team work. I know that without TS it can be hard to work as a team, but the least a PUG can do is stick together. When all eight mechs run in different directions, you really cannot expect to win a high % of matches.

I know this is just the beta, so I should not concern myself with winning all my matches, and focus on helping the devs make the game better, but it gets frustrating. I have a positive KDR, and seriously enjoy this game and making new friends. Without having TS it may be tough to get to know everyone as well as I would like, but I will be fairly active on the forums, if the guild site has them. As soon as I get my PC built, or figure out why my father's hates my headset, I will jump on TS and what not. I am just looking for a guild who is not going to chastise me for not being able to speak in matches.

#2 Hellrazor 1

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hey, the 1st Robinson Rangers are looking for more pilots to join our ever growing brigade. We have pilots from all over the world with varying playtimes to suit anybody in the world. We have teamspeak and provide a friendly and fun atmosphere come check us out http://1st-rangers.com/rangers/

#3 BigTrak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNorniron

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hey Azadrael and welcome to Davion. Not sure what advice I can offer mate, you are going to be somewhat handicapped without some form of comms. C4 are one of the most casual teams I know of, but even we try to co-ordinate our drops in 4/8 man...

Only thing I can think of initially is to keep notepad and pen to hand and if you see the same pilot names popping up in pugs during your regular gaming time, and you like their attitude and they regularly perform well (say top half of the score board) drop them a friend invite ingame or pm on forums. At least you can pug with good players until you get comms sorted out.

Drop Asaru / Rash a pm and see what they think about dropping without comms, I'm pretty sure the more competitive teams may have an issue with it. Good luck and happy hunting mate!

#4 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

FOX has over 100 players in four companies divided up by preferred playing time. We have pure social drops every Tues/Thurs night where people can just drop for fun, and also "hardcore" Friday nights where we train each other in tactics and strategy. Either atmosphere is pretty laid-back and casual. Check us out!

#5 Azadrael

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

Yeah, not having TS definitely sucks. I think it may be a simple fix, but I am not sure. Thank you everyone for the replies. I will take the next few days to check put the groups and see which one seems to fit me best.

#6 Reginald Lansing

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

You can't go wrong with he HeadHunters of Davion (HHoD)! Great bunch of guys to drop with!

You have sound, right? You can always listen in to the rest of your lance during the drop and decide if you want to join the group. Check out the recruitment post here in the forums and see if you like what HHoD is about!

#7 Azadrael

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Right on, I will definitely check out HHoD. I am excited about joining a guild, it feels like it is the next logical step in taking my MWO gaming further. Thank you all for your replies.

#8 Gregory Twilight

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

if your still looking as HellRazor said the Robinson Rangers are recruiting we offer everthing from fairly laied back to competitive. We have our own TS server and you can almost allways find a group on to play with.. www.1st-rangers.com or PM me if you have any questions...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users