Ok Looking For A Badass Clan.

20 replies to this topic

#1 CMD Storm

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

Ok guys, to give some background.

I have been playing Counterstrike and MW Mercs since I was very young. I`m a Good- Excellent gamer who have won FPS tournies.

INRL, I was 5th Group for 8 years in Afghan, Iraq and did my share of fighting there, while trying to balance my life of gaming.

Im now 29 and done with al lthat.

For past 8 years I have played EVE and other games and always been in top ones. I have very nice attitude, dont know as much about MW lore as I sshould but learn fast, I bought the 60 Dollar Package for founders befoe I left last time to desert and picked Atlas.

In Eve I was Cry Havoc, PL and now NCDOT 3 of the top alliances in Eve that required a lot of effort to hone my craft.

In WOT [tanks] I ran with Relic, frieds with PBKAC and have some buddies in Havok and G.

I play now War Thunder, World of Warplanes, Arma 3 and have been slacking on Eve.

Everygame I play I`d say im never below 85% of top players and while im very competetive , Im not a ****.

I`m a total newb now. In MWO and while, I learn fast its a whole lot to learn. Half the game is it history.

Looking for a 1-2 Hour a day comitment ith more on sundays etc.

Dont have family to nag me etc and am basically im a free-ish man.

I really could be an asset, but havent kept up with whats happened as of late at all.

Im not interested in Meh clans....Just top of the line, [this could mean top of the line socially and or organization wise] while I do want eventually to be i na place with a realshot at being a force, not the very best mind you but I`d say top 10%.

Here is longest thread ever on WOTs history started by me. Its where I can be found often.

http://forum.worldof...110s-armor/#top

There it is boys 4k pages of histroy.

I was gonna start my own clan [or whatever equiv is] but want more exp players do it as Im great FC at other games but simply do not know the game yet at all. Also the time needed to do such a thing must be mind crushing.

Please hit me up guys I want good home, Even if it i NCDOT or Otter or PBKAC from other games ;)

SFC_Storm aka CMD_Storm

PS.

I am not very good at playing MWO yet, but I will be, or die trying.....probably the latter ;)

Edited by CMD Storm, 23 April 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#2 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

Hey there. Not sure if you're entirely aware but this forum relates to Kerensky's Clans not actualy player founded clans.

If you are interested in learning about the lore feel free to click on the link provided. If that catches your interest you may also want to read up on the Clans who took part in the Clan Invasion. There are quite a few guys here that may be able to tug you in the right direction if that side of things catches your eye.

If not perhaps the Outreach forum might be the place for you, they are the Merc groups of MWO and is likely where most of the player-made clans will be based.

Also a Faction specific clan may be more your thing. You can find them in the Faction Talk forums.

It all comes down to what you're interested in as I think a lot of the groups you will find in this forum may adhere to very specific rules when "clan" matches can take place. Though they may be what you enjoy.

Hope this helps you. ;)

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,668 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Grasshopper,

A bad ;) clan is the same level as bad ;) House!!!

Now, climb that commando and do the wax on/wax off exercise.

Arigato (bows)

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 14 April 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#4 DeathSentence

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hmmmm...

I'm not convinced that you are entirely as badass as you claim to be.

Do you have any additional badass documentation? I like to be able to badassly cross reference badass references. Can't be too careful these days.

#5 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

With zero disrespect intended, it never ceases to make me chuckle when I see people post how great they were at entirely different types of games. Granted, top tier players have fantastic reflexes and usually equally great situational awareness. That said, just because you are a master at checkers does not mean you are a master of chess. :(

#6 Litzkrieg Radick

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

Come to www.clanwolf.org. If you want to play with some guys who enjoy playing, training and competing with a spirit of maturity, we would love to have you.

#7 DarkDevilDancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

Or try clan lesbian seaturtle, i hear they rock. (so i hear in pugland at least)

#8 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

Clan Star Adder has a long and distinguished history as one of the best online units in Mechwarrior gaming. It is well known that many units claim to be the best but we back up our claims with our actions, and our long and distinguished battle history says it all.

CSA is a robust, active clan, We do not have the huge numbers that some larger units have (DHB, Goons, etc) but that has never been the goal of CSA. We choose players based upon skill and personality, and expect our players to perform well and work to be the best of the best.

Most of our MW2 veterans will be getting back into the action with CSA as well. this factor combined with the use of the same battle proven Command Staff that has been used since NBT 3068 will maintain CSA’s traditions of Skill, Honor, and Excellence.

If this kind of environment appeals to you, contact us.

Edited by zudukai, 18 April 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#9 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

Star adder, out of interest and off topic, why don't you play in any of the current MWO planetary leagues?

#10 Darling_In_The_MeXX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUS of A

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

CMD Storm. I swear if I ever find you on a match that I play, pray your on my team, or I will at minimum leg your mech made of tin. Yes I like to talk a bit of smack but still. If I ever see you on the battlefield I would like a 1 v 1 brother.

Till we meet, I look forward to it.

Hopefully after we meet, I can say, "Veni, vidi, vici."

#11 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

Clans are completely different from Guilds in this game. The Clans are a group of canonical factions in the Battletech Universe.

The Clans are similiar to the Horde of Warcraft, while the Inner Sphere is similar to the Alliance.

Guilds are referred to as "Faction Units" or "Merc Corps."

Check out the Outreach section for units that are searching for members.

#12 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

View Postsj mausgmr, on 17 April 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

Star adder, out of interest and off topic, why don't you play in any of the current MWO planetary leagues?

iirc we are waiting for the RHOD season to end, but things are in the works.

#13 TyGeR STD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 245 posts
  • LocationGa

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

CMD Storm, you (or anyone) is welcome to drop by our CSA Warhall on the TeamSpeak ComStar North America server any Wednesday or Friday night starting around 9:00 PM EST and join one of our groups dropping there for some coordinated gaming. We typically run an 8 man and a few 4 man groups as well that are open to the public on these nights. Any other night we can be found on our private mumble server. If you wish to join us there on a different night than listed above, please visit our forums at hpg.clanstaradder.com and I or another one of our members can provide you with the login information for our private mumble server. We are always looking for skilled, level headed pilots that fit in well with our current members, personality and a good attitude are always key factors. With that said, being a skilled pilot will not automatically grant you a position within Clan Star Adder. We look for pilots that gel with our group on many levels not simply in game skill as stated above.

To sj mausgmr
We have discussed internally on several occasions joining one, or more of the current 3rd party leagues that are being run using the MWO platform. And while CSA does enjoy the thought of competing in a league against the top rated teams, we feel that MWO in its current state, is not polished enough for league play. We see several problems some of which are no consistent way to drop vs. your target team, the amount of rampant bugs displayed in each drop (i.e. no IFF, no HUD, random CTDS, 4 FPS bug, no radar, and several others). I am certain PGI is doing everything in its power to correct these issues/bugs as fast as they can, but they are definitely problems in the beta at this time. It seems 9 out of 10 drops I am a part of be it a Pug, 2-4 man group, or an 8 man group, someone has one or more of the bugs listed above on either team. When more of these bugs have been addressed (fixed/corrected) making skill the only factor in a 8v8 or 12v12 drop, and the winner is not decided by the team that has the least amount of tactical issues, you will be sure to see Clan Star Adder enter one or more of the existing leagues for competitive combat.

Thank you for your time

Edited by TyGeR STD, 18 April 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#14 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostTyGeR STD, on 18 April 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

To sj mausgmr
We have discussed internally on several occasions joining one, or more of the current 3rd party leagues that are being run using the MWO platform. And while CSA does enjoy the thought of competing in a league against the top rated teams, we feel that MWO in its current state, is not polished enough for league play. We see several problems some of which are no consistent way to drop vs. your target team, the amount of rampant bugs displayed in each drop (i.e. no IFF, no HUD, random CTDS, 4 FPS bug, no radar, and several others). I am certain PGI is doing everything in its power to correct these issues/bugs as fast as they can, but they are definitely problems in the beta at this time. It seems 9 out of 10 drops I am a part of be it a Pug, 2-4 man group, or an 8 man group, someone has one or more of the bugs listed above on either team. When more of these bugs have been addressed (fixed/corrected) making skill the only factor in a 8v8 or 12v12 drop, and the winner is not decided by the team that has the least amount of tactical issues, you will be sure to see Clan Star Adder enter one or more of the existing leagues for competitive combat.

Thank you for your time

Very fair mate, you're certainly right about the current problems and how common they are. Thankfully I often find that the teams in the league are friendly enough to allow a restart of round if these kinds of problems, and we return the favor. Personally I find them a great way of spending time with our team in semi serious but fully enjoyable manner, and as much as sync dropping can be a slight pain, 90% of the time games work out fine.

It would be great to see you and your clan members getting involved in something like, spherewars, alongside the jade falcons, but I understand if you're waiting on things to get better.

I just hope we don't loose the ability to do these kinds of things before that happens.

#15 King Gustave

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Diamond Shark.

Just... Just...

Diamond.
Shark.

That being said this guy is probably as badass as that stalker I saw doing a headstand. Take from that what you will. :lol:

#16 MadSavage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

To sj mausgmr

Yeah, I'm bloodthirsty and my last victim's veins are empty xD

#17 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Maybe we should post a list of all the clans we've rollstomped in pug battles so the OP doesn't get tangled in a 'lesser' clan?

#18 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

you folks are actually buying this post?

Seriously?

If this guy had half the keyboard dexterity and life experience he claims his typing would be a little more accurate and his grammer a good deal better...

fake pro is obvious(or something)

#19 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

To sj mausgmr

Ditto for Clan Blood Spirit

#20 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostSam Slade, on 20 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

you folks are actually buying this post?

Seriously?

If this guy had half the keyboard dexterity and life experience he claims his typing would be a little more accurate and his grammer a good deal better...

fake pro is obvious(or something)

The quote, "put your money where your mouth is," comes to mind when I see posts like the OP. Furthermore, and this is not necessarily directed to the OP but to several recruitment request posts I have seen in the past, I cannot help but feel that anyone who gives an ultimatum for a recruitment request is just being silly, if not outright disrespectful. After all, who stands to gain the most? The organized Clan/Unit that has many players, an internal community, training, and a history, or the individual who starts off with access to none of the above?

Alone we fall, together we rise, and this is a team game. Even the best pilot cannot compensate for half a team full of derps. In my opinion, humility is something individual pilots should really learn, especially when trying to get recruited.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 21 April 2013 - 06:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users