Multi Monitor Support

4 replies to this topic

#1 Grafix TM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationWorld Traveler

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

The actual game engine has not been released yet and I am sure that this information won't be released for a while but it would be nice to have whatever engine you are using be enabled for multiple monitor support.

I know not everybody has multi monitor capability but being a developer myself, there are engines out there that will automatically sync to however many monitors you have currently configured on your desktop settings. What does this mean? It means that if you only have one monitor it will automatically set the game resolution to that one monitor you have. If you have two or more monitors, it checks which order you have your monitors set-up (ie which is your main monitor and which are your alternate monitors so that it automatically centers the game to your settings.

#2 DCM Elektrik

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

View PostGrafix™, on 07 November 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

The actual game engine has not been released yet and I am sure that this information won't be released for a while but it would be nice to have whatever engine you are using be enabled for multiple monitor support.

I know not everybody has multi monitor capability but being a developer myself, there are engines out there that will automatically sync to however many monitors you have currently configured on your desktop settings. What does this mean? It means that if you only have one monitor it will automatically set the game resolution to that one monitor you have. If you have two or more monitors, it checks which order you have your monitors set-up (ie which is your main monitor and which are your alternate monitors so that it automatically centers the game to your settings.

I have a 3 monitor setup in case they need a beta tester for it =]

#3 Nicolai Malthus UK

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

Ive 2 Monitors and would love to have this to support my set up.

#4 Lorebot

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

If they say they need beta testers for multi monitor setups I'd be more than willing to go buy a 3rd or even a 4th monitor for this XD

#5 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

3 x 23" Acer Touchscreens, plus 1 x 37" TV (mostly used as a 4th monitor) above them. Currently running as an extended desktop, but Eyefinity can be done if I can forgo the touchscreen functions.

Ready to test if invited. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users