Jump to content

Behold! The Dual Ac/20 Cicada


161 replies to this topic

#41 TygerLily

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Someone run this and powerdown at base. Wait for it...wait for it...

#42 WardenWolf

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

I think we should dub this build "Cicadaback IIC"

#43 BGrey

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

I couldnt resist, had to rebuy my 3c to try this. Unfortunatly I keep getting alpine though I had one good moment on forest colony when a 9M ran at me to get in SRM range and I killed him.


Wins 1
Losses 9
Kills 2
Deaths 9
Damage Done 749

And the fun has worn off.

Edited by BGrey, 12 April 2013 - 02:26 PM.


#44 WardenWolf

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostBGrey, on 12 April 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

I couldnt resist, had to rebuy my 3c to try this. Unfortunatly I keep getting alpine though I had one good moment on forest colony when a 9M ran at me to get in SRM range and I killed him.


Wins 1
Losses 9
Kills 2
Deaths 9
Damage Done 749

And the fun has worn off.

The fun may have worn off, but that 9M pilot has a story to tell for years to come of his demise against a dual AC 20 Cicada :)

#45 Phoenix Gray

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 613 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Here's the thread with the macro.

http://tinyurl.com/bqmmaf5

#46 Thorgrim Ulfrikson

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

I spent 7 ******* million credits on getting a 3C, pimping it out and loading it up with 1 ERPPC and 4 machine guns. Its a piece of ****... So I am half-tempted to try this build out, because its already a worthless chassis to me. Heh.

#47 Noob Weapons

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 433 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

This is easily the best thing I've ever seen in my life. I can die happy.. Right after I manage to kill exactly one person with this build.

Be back in a few days.

#48 Phoenix Gray

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 613 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostHowdy Doody, on 12 April 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

Howdy,

They are popping the champagne at the STD 100 manufacturing plant! Those motors are going to start flying off the shelves! :P

Doody


To be fair, they do that on a windy day...

View PostNoob Weapons, on 12 April 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

This is easily the best thing I've ever seen in my life. I can die happy.. Right after I manage to kill exactly one person with this build.

Be back in a few days.


Which person? When you set out on the path of revenge, have your astech dig two Mechbays...

#49 BGrey

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 12 April 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

Someone run this and powerdown at base. Wait for it...wait for it...


This was actually the second kill I got, river city conquest and I said screw it. Shut down at spawn behind sigma and waited until a raven showed up. He was completely side on so I couldn't go for the one shot to the back so I thought I would be able to blow off his leg but NOPE. Both rounds to the leg put him to yellow internal and he goes running off around the base structure, second volley as he clears the structure hits his other leg putting that to yellow internal. He then runs across the bridge over the tunnel and hits a building, as he gets unstuck my next shot takes off a leg and I finish him off with the 4th volley (good thing I brought two tons of ammo). At that point the slower mechs that were following him showed up and I died in a fire after getting on shot off.

#50 TygerLily

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostBGrey, on 13 April 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:


This was actually the second kill I got, river city conquest and I said screw it. Shut down at spawn behind sigma and waited until a raven showed up. He was completely side on so I couldn't go for the one shot to the back so I thought I would be able to blow off his leg but NOPE. Both rounds to the leg put him to yellow internal and he goes running off around the base structure, second volley as he clears the structure hits his other leg putting that to yellow internal. He then runs across the bridge over the tunnel and hits a building, as he gets unstuck my next shot takes off a leg and I finish him off with the 4th volley (good thing I brought two tons of ammo). At that point the slower mechs that were following him showed up and I died in a fire after getting on shot off.


That happened to me on Alpine. I was a Jenner and hit their base and then BOOM! ...apparently they had an AC/20 Cat...

#51 Dauphni

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostKamelkaze, on 11 April 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I played the Cicada with 2 ton ammo already. Was funny! But only 7 shots wasn´t good!

7 shots is all you need, really. Okay, you can't headshot that last guy, but who cares? That's what your teammates are for.

#52 Damon Howe

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

View Postn00bfish, on 11 April 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Allow me to share with you all this joyous moment (read: horrible travesty), as I have discovered a wonderful use (read: incredibly stupid idea) with respect to the unappreciated Cicada-3C.

Feast your eyes on this powerhouse of terror, whirlwind of destruction, and unstoppable force of meowfulness (read: the dumbest thing you're likely to see all day):

The Dual AC/20 Cicada: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...68bab7498da3a1b

Is your mind blown? Is this the worst mech imaginable? Feedback is appreciated.

PS - .... And no, I'm not serious.


Psshhh....you kidding? One too many people have seen my mech...

Honestly, came up with this more than a week ago! Noobfish I know has seen it, I killed him at least once already with it (I think he killed me too, lol).

So yeah, taking full credit even if nobody appreciates it. And for those who have horrible W/L and K/D with it...well, you're doing it wrong. <_<

#53 Solomon Ward

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostDamon Howe, on 14 April 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:


I was the First ...mimimi



Envier !
Whenever someone will ductape two AC/20 with legs i will think of n00bfish and not you.

#54 Damon Howe

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostSolomon Ward, on 14 April 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:


Envier !
Whenever someone will ductape two AC/20 with legs i will think of n00bfish and not you.


Spoiler


Posted Image

But whatevs, my teammates in the 'Borg know I'm crazy and slightly suicidal, so that's all that matters. lol

Anyways, here's a youtube vid of a Cicada meeting it's untimely...end....



#55 POOTYTANGASAUR

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 593 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

ELITE SNIPER CICADA:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4b742dcb2cd09f5
Not for the non-gangster snipers, pretty fragile but also gangster. I just kinda cower behind sniper K2s and take pop shots. Even with this tactic it is rare to survive a match unless your team was very supportive and worked well together. I averaged 200-400 damage 400 being the max i ever got.

#56 Sovery_Simple

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for the schematic OP. Just posting to let you know I ran this one time and ended up on alpine. By the end of the match I had no ammo, two assists, three kills, and a win ~.^ (One victim was an ac40 jager, I have no words.)

Edited by Whoops, 14 April 2013 - 05:24 PM.


#57 Terror Teddy

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

BEHOLD!

CicadaJager
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a75a8f0a73050f9

Quad AC2 Cicada with 4 tonnes of ammo.

#58 GeorgieBoy39

    Member

  • Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

I would like to submit my version of a Jager build stuffed into a cicada

Tri UAC5

#59 Ruutah

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Reading this had me laughing so hard my wife asked what was so Damn funny. That power down at spawn crap is a really a nasty surprise for any light that happens to fall into it. Ask me how I know.... O.o Thankfully the other three lights in my lance burned him down before the third volley was fired. Dual AC20's to the back of a commando just sucks. Gonzo build, going to have to try it out when I finish mastering jenners.

#60 Iscarius

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

Just laughed way too hard at this for several minutes at work, so it deserves a bump. I want a Cicada now.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users