gameing rig

18 replies to this topic

#1 PyroAcid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,Sierra nevada moutains,U.S.A

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

hello i know this has been asked porbley a million times but i need to now how much or if i can even upgrade my HP laptop to run mechwarrior just trying to get a 1 on 1 bace to get this working thank you. this is what can it run it had to say
Posted Image CPU Minimum: Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz, Athlon II X2 245e You Have: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics

Posted Image CPU Speed Minimum: Info You Have: 1.6 GHz

Posted Image RAM Minimum: 4 GB You Have: 3.7 GB

Posted Image OS Minimum: Windows Vista You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Posted Image Video Card Minimum: GeForce 8800GT, Radeon HD 5600 You Have: AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card Required You Have Posted Image Pixel Shader version 4.0 5.0 Posted Image Vertex Shader version 4.0 5.0 Posted Image Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB 384 MB Posted Image Sound Card Minimum: Yes You Have: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Posted Image Free Disk Space Minimum: 4 GB You Have: 371.7 GB

can someone tell me what i need to do and how much it will be thank you.

#2 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

Er: You can have a half-decent looking game one a dual core if you set a framerate limit of 30; You'll lose every game, but it'll look OK …

Go read Tom's Hardware: Both the CPU and graphics card recommendations have been updated for the month.

#3 PyroAcid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

simple parts list will do with priceing staples is just down the road.

#4 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

Given you have a laptop, I'm afraid that upgrading is out of the question when you have an APU setup. To get MWO to run well, you'll probably have to either A: spend $500-600 on a new laptop (or desktop) to get the game to run on minimum settings, or B: spend $700-1000 on a desktop to run the game on medium to very high settings

#5 PyroAcid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

apu cant i just chnage that out? iam really sick of geting computers that cant run shit then geting internet that just one giant cell phone bill. theres a war on country folks i swere.

#6 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Then build something that'll last beyond what you normally plan for: http://www.tomshardw...0-sli,3709.html

And that whole "Staples" thing isn't doing you any favors, ether …

Edited by Goose, 14 February 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#7 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

before you consider upgrading anything on your computer. just google or bing the parts you want or need, then google new computer systems and see which way would be cheaper for you. a new laptop that will run this game well, will cost in the range of 1,500-2,500 US dollars.

Edited by SgtMagor, 14 February 2014 - 04:31 PM.

#8 PyroAcid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

well whatever that the onley place that has computers dont live in a city/suburbe and i naver will "move up not out" yah right buddy

#9 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

… 'Cause you can't get NewEgg to ship to you? :)

#10 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Go to pcpartpicker everything is shipped right to u. And forget about staples right now if u want something that will run this game even remotely well.

#11 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

I'm hardly urban or suburban, unless Boone, NC, being "only" 35 minutes away counts, and I certainly don't shop at Staples.

Most brick and mortar stores in general are basically a no-go for getting remotely passable prices, let alone getting decent computers. If you want a decent machine, you're going to be buying it on the Internet and having it delivered, or building it yourself with parts ordered off the Internet, since a desktop is easily the cheapest way to go here.

#12 Slab Squathrust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA or Billings, MT

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

The kicker about building your own desktop is it has about 100 benefits over buying it pre-built.You will save a lot of money compared to similarly speced pre-built.
  • You will learn a lot more about how computers work and function.
  • You will have access to higher quality parts than OEM machines.
  • Almost all of your components will have warranties longer than the standard one year OEM warranty. Some things like ram have lifetime warranties.
  • You will be able to upgrade the machine part by part. A custom built machine is much easier to upgrade than an OEM system.
So maybe I couldn't think of 100 benefits, but these alone should be enough to tempt you into looking at building your own machine.

#13 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

I can think of one benefit that absolutely overshadows just about ANY OTHER benefit.

The number 1 benefit to building your own machine is:

By the time you're done, and you having running the way you want it, you will at least 90% of the time be able to diagnose or know exactly where to go online to find an answer when something is wrong/isn't performing properly.

#14 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

hi Pyro

Your laptop I very similar to mine. I have Toshiba C655D-S5332 which has a 1.4ghz E-300 APU with HD6310 graphics and 3 gigs DDR3 1333 memory. I'll be perfectly honest, it is in no way, shape, form, or fashion a gaming computer. The only thing it is good for is surfing the internet, facebooking, watching you tube, and writing word documents/power-point presentations. It is severely underpowered to be any kind of gamin machine(aside from spider solitaire or mahjong titans). Also, aside from being able to upgrade the amount and speed of RAM in it, your laptop is simply not upgradeable. To play MWO, and get atleast 25-30 fps, which is the minimum for smooth gameplay IMHO, you are going to need a new computer. As for the cheapest build that would accomplish smooth FPS in MWO, this would be the lowest I would try for(and you will probably need to OC the CPU to get those FPS)-

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2U9Aj

$733, including a 24" monitor and operating system.

Edited by Barbaric Soul, 16 February 2014 - 07:09 AM.

#15 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

Yep. That system looks to be about as cheap as you're going to get for something acceptable and upgradeable in the future, short of used parts (which can be worthwhile at lower pricepoints), although I would swap out that motherboard with an Asrock 970 Extreme4, save $20, probably get better features.

#16 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:07 AM

although I would swap out that motherboard with an Asrock 970 Extreme4, save $20, probably get better features.

the Asrock has one more PCI slot, the EVO has one more SATA 6Gb/s port, The EVO has twice as many USB 2.0 ports and the same amount of USB 3.0 ports, and the EVO has the 990x chipset compared to the Asrock's 970 chipset (better OC'ing, which I was planning for with my comment about probably needing to OC the CPU and including the Hyper). Personally, all that justifies the $20 increased price of the EVO. Mind you, I'm am not an ASUS fan, but that is a good motherboard.

#17 RiceyFighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

I keep updates on this thread

http://mwomercs.com/...updated-weekly/

Gaming rigs under 500 bucks

#18 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

I built a rig almost exactly like the one Ricey recommends for under $500 as a loaner rig for friends in Murphy's Law - I can confirm the FX6300 and 660 combo smokes MWO and gives you good frames at ultra settings.

#19 Vimeous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

2560x1440 @ Very High
Core 2 Q9450 + 7850 is a 25-30fps average which you should look to beat.
i5-4670 + 6870 is around 60fps

Previous gen gfx cards are often available in good condition on auction sites. Try and stick to DirectX 11 models to get future benefits. S/hand GTX660 TI's were great value recently, don't require a silly PSU and 2 Zotac versions fit inside many ITX cases if you want to go small.
Sticking to standard form-factors nets the biggest value. Entry-level ATX cases are cheap but big.
Don't skimp on the PSU. Fans and capacitors often fail and could take other kit with them. Quality beats listed output every time for PSUs.
IMHO Quad-core isn't a must for MWO with an Intel CPU. If you are going to use a good discrete gfx card a fast 3GHz+ i3 will great.

Finally think about the future.
If you want to upgrade again later then pay close attention to what the motherboard chipsets will cope with when the next generation of CPUs appear.
If you are happy to start again in 2-3yrs worry about simpler things such as make sure you have USB3 to the front of the case!

Edited by Vimeous, 18 February 2014 - 10:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users