Emc Suggestion --- I Think This May Be The Answer..

3 replies to this topic

#1 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

The developers are almost completely content with the state of EMC.

Good. Fine. Ok..

But if you could make it better, why not?

He is my idea.

Have ECM only work at +90 meters away from an enemy mech. If I am right it's bubble is 200 m around the emc equipped mech.

That's fine. I have no problem with that, maybe even increase that bubble to 290 meters.... whatever to make up for the -90 meters but... have it only effective outside 90 meters away from my mech.

Example. Raven is 400M away providing a 'Bubble' of electro-interference. But if that mech get within 90 Meters of an enemy mech, it no long works inside my 90 meter bubble.

Maybe have BAP allow you to have that 90 meter 'no ECM' bubble for my mech.

It would allow any mech with missle hard points to use Streaks to protect themselves in close combat against EMC lights, while still giving the Raven 3L and it's team the ability to be stealth'ed against all LRM still. ( as inside 90 meters LRM's don't work.)

Any ECM mech will not have immunity if they mistakenly get inside 90 meters that mech..

Now it has to be coded to each individual mech.

I am NOT saying that emc gets turned off on the Raven 3l if my Jenner is inside 90 Meters for my whole team, no, just my mech. It would make speed and mobility all the more important...

It would make it suicide for a Light to close the distance like they do with immunity. If they want to close with an Atlas inside 90M that has equipped 1,2,3 Streak Short Range missles, then they will pay the price.

Thoughts?

Downsides I did not consider?

I am just at my wits end watching an EMC Spiders or Ravens pick apart any mech it wants to anytime, anywhere. The risk is just far to low for them running up to a Atlas and circle strafing them at will...

And yes, I have killed many EMC Lights with Assaults.. but the risk is just not there for the SCOUTS... SCOUTS... that's what they were built to excel at, not Hunt and Kill anything.

Edited by Flak Kannon, 16 April 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#2 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

An interesting idea, and one that sticks close to their stated design intentions I think...

#3 Red3

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Trivial, but , its ECM not EMC. Electronic Counter Measures, not Electronic Measure Counters.

Theres a joke about nerfing EMC Hammer around here somewhere, but i cant find it :)

Edited by Red3, 12 April 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#4 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Fixed the ECM - EMC issue..

Can't edit title..

Bump #1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users