1 game who copy a lot from Mech Warior Online.

46 replies to this topic

#21 Havlentia castigatrix

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostInvisibleBG, on 04 June 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

Ok guys i read alot threads and see alot 3d models and stuffs about the HAWKEN.
Now i rly can say - THIS GAME IS TOTALL 1-1 copy of Mech Warior.

Neat troll.

#22 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

I didn't expect a lot of jealous fanboy responses here.
Some of you sound ridiculous, that is as polite as I can be.

Hawken is a fastpaced mech FPS, nothing else.

How do you know it's nothing else, just because you say?

Most of you have no idea how different MW:O will be from anything you are envisioning.

You people are slamming someone else's project because it's not your beloved MechWarrior, which MW:O likely won't live up to your own expectations anyway, grow up!

View PostGarth Erlam, on 04 June 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

There's absolutely no reason that Hawken and MechWarrior Online can't exist side-by-side. I'll play both, personally.

Thank you, I knew it would take a dev to quell this before it got too embarrasing.
Not that you needed my thx, but you got it.

Edited by MadBoris, 04 June 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#23 Kittygrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRocking the boat.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

Lets also keep in mind that hawken was announced before MWO. I remember seeing footage of it on last years e3.

Either way, Hawken is pretty much an arcade mech game, where as MWO is simulator. Which makes hawken as much copy of MWO as heavy gear and earthsiege/starsiege (yea, i went there) games were a copy the early Mechwarrior games.

Edited by Kittygrinder, 04 June 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#24 Ranger207

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationI iz in ur matchez, killing ur battlemechz

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

Besides, Hawken released footage, screenies, and vids first. How can you rip off something that hasn't been released yet?
EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Ranger207, 04 June 2012 - 09:02 AM.

#25 geck0 icaza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostMadBoris, on 04 June 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

I'm for good games. People like robots.
What? No games are allowed to make mechanical warring robots unless it's stealing from MechWarrioir?

I hope Hawken surprises people, Some MW fans will be against it for some reason before either games are even done.
I just hope they actually maintain the talent and drive to see it through.

Nice slam, MW fan. :)

not a slam. Based on info available its a fair comparison. Hawken = FPS shooter + Mechs (which is exactly the way their own devs discribe it). Mechwarrior = Shooter + simluator adapted from a previously established rule set (which is the grand daddy of tact war games when it comes to sim style mech warfare). Bit of a difference. :) (unless you were referring to the OP, then my bad. Total slam)

View PostMadBoris, on 04 June 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

I didn't expect a lot of jealous fanboy responses here.
Some of you sound ridiculous, that is as polite as I can be.

How do you know it's nothing else, just because you say?

Most of you have no idea how different MW:O will be from anything you are envisioning.

You people are slamming someone else's project because it's not your beloved MechWarrior, which MW:O likely won't live up to expectations anyway, grow up!

Slamming? The OP did the most slamming out of the entire thread, meanwhile most of everybody else just stated opinion in describing the differences between the games.

View PostRanger207, on 04 June 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Besides, Hawken released footage, screenies, and vids first. How can you rip off something that hasn't been released yet?

Well they didn't rip them off. But Battletech has been around over 25 years so it wouldn't be hard to look up material to do so.

Edited by geck0 icaza, 04 June 2012 - 09:05 AM.

#26 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostRanger207, on 04 June 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Yeah funny that. MW:O hasn't been in development that long really, it's a bit fast since they started the F2P modeled game.
Wouldn't that be the switch, if Piranha decided got over the hump to officially go F2P from things like Hawken surfacing F2P.
Anyway, was entertaining, sort of. :)

Edited by MadBoris, 04 June 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#27 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

A lot stealed stuffs alreade are addet to Hawken.
How game like this from studio like this can try to steal from classic and totally awesomely game like mech warior.
I collect info maybe 1 week or 2 about this.

I`m for Mech Warior!
This Hawken is one copy **** (sry about that).
Hope to see more info about ur work and progress guys.
Hope to got invite and to see ya in cbt.
Forward and UP Guys!
Regards Alex.

When Hawken was first announced we didn't even know about MWO yet. They were filling a gap in all of our lives. If MWO hadn't gotten underway then I'd have been a Hawken player. A lot of us would have been. I'm sure many of us will still play both.

It isn't a "rip off" because it's the same genre. Call of Duty is not a rip-off of Doom. :)

#28 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

View Postgeck0 icaza, on 04 June 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

not a slam. Based on info available its a fair comparison. Hawken = FPS shooter + Mechs (which is exactly the way their own devs discribe it). Mechwarrior = Shooter + simluator adapted from a previously established rule set (which is the grand daddy of tact war games when it comes to sim style mech warfare). Bit of a difference. :) (unless you were referring to the OP, then my bad. Total slam)

Slamming? The OP did the most slamming out of the entire thread, meanwhile most of everybody else just stated opinion in describing the differences between the games.

When I was making my post, yes, there was some dismissive and disrespectful posts to the project, slamming that which is an unknown.
Like trying to associate HAWKEN ( an unknown) with COD, in some high brow attempt to diminish it to some mindless kid shooting, is also a slam.
Slamming a game no one played as fans of a game that hasn't been played, yep that bugs me.

The OP set the stage, some played along.
Plenty of people took a higher road in the thread too, not everything was a slam obviously.
Actually, the distinctions are pretty obvious.

Edited by MadBoris, 04 June 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#29 akaChrisHimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 292 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 04 June 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

There's absolutely no reason that Hawken and MechWarrior Online can't exist side-by-side. I'll play both, personally.

But...But... who do we burn at the stake?.... :)

#30 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostMadBoris, on 04 June 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

When I was making my post, yes, there was some dismissive and disrespectful posts to the project, slamming that which is an unknown.
Like trying to associate HAWKEN ( an unknown) with COD, in some high brow attempt to diminish it to some mindless kid shooting, is also a slam.
Slamming a game no one played as fans of a game that hasn't been played, yep that bugs me.

The OP set the stage, some played along.
Plenty of people took a higher road in the thread too, not everything was a slam obviously.
Actually, the distinctions are pretty obvious.

Except the Hawken devs themselves have described it as a CoD/Battlefield style Mech game so it's not really a slam to call it that. Personally I was really interested in the game until it was given that description.

Edited by Zaius Ex, 04 June 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#31 hazer

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

I will be happily playing both games. They look drastically different, and have very different styles. Also, I was excited about Hawken before MWO was even announced. I had long given up hope on a new MW game.

From the look of it, the game play of Hawken actually reminds me a lot more of Phantom Crash or the sequel S.L.A.I: Steel Lancer Arena International. Smaller, more nimble mechs in a city, rather than slower behemoths.

#32 HighD

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hawken didnt loocks like mechwarrior, the Gameplay videos on youtube loocks very different.

#33 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

A lot stealed stuffs alreade are addet to Hawken.
How game like this from studio like this can try to steal from classic and totally awesomely game like mech warior.
I collect info maybe 1 week or 2 about this.

I`m for Mech Warior!
This Hawken is one copy **** (sry about that).
Hope to see more info about ur work and progress guys.
Hope to got invite and to see ya in cbt.
Forward and UP Guys!
Regards Alex.

Please. Hawken is in no way a copy of mechwarrior. Look at the mechs, they are under seven meters tall. They move like little ninja mechs. Their armor is really nonexistant.
If they copied anything from Battletech it would be protomechs, but I don't think we have any reason to expect protomechwarrior any time soon. Unfortunately.
Also, have you noticed all the mechs move about the same way and they have repairs that involve lightning? I hope MWO doesn't end up like this.
Just so you know Hawken people, you rock, and have a great looking game. I just don't want MWO to be like you.

#34 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hawken. I like that you can see your weapons from the cockpit. Aquanox had that feature and it was almost as much fun to watch the gattling lasers at work as the combat. They are similar in that you pilot giant robots, but that's about it. Hawken is probably closer to Heavy Gear+MechWarrior merged. Hawken needs more maps. I like MWO MechWarrior better even though I haven't played either.

#35 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

You do not have to experience something to have an opinion on it.

Do I need to cleave an axe through someone's skull in order for you to have an opinion that you would not enjoy such an experience?

Chill peeps. Quit taking such personal offense if someone likes something you don't. It's not an attack on you.

#36 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

Apples and oranges.

#37 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

Here's a new Hawken E3 teaser trailer from today. It's taking things in a different direction than MechWarrior obviously:

http://www.pcgamer.c...aphorical-axes/

If you think of the words in the CGI trailer, I like to think they are communicating to those gamers that have been hungering for big Johnny Soko robot fighting games, including me, for the past decade, while corporations/pubs swallowed up and held on to IP's for control not utilization.

Seems coincidental...

Everyone has been wanting robot combat for the last decade, glad they stepped up.
More mechs is good for everyone, obviously for Battletech and MW eventually too.

Edited by MadBoris, 04 June 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#38 vam

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Don't be foolish. Hawken was actually around before MechWarrior Online was even announced. The games don't look or seem to feel like each other either. Not that we know for sure considering either have released public versions yet.

I'll reserve my actual feelings towards both games when they are actually released and we actually know what they play like.

#39 TunaR

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Obvious troll is obvious.
Bad grammar is bad.

#40 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada