Why You’Re Probably Wrong About…

619 replies to this topic

#61 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

These are all hot topics that we need to talk about until they fix them.

#62 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 13 April 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

haha

When I see this I'm glad I'm Black.
Thanks for the laugh.

#63 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 April 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

OK, explain something to me. If that point is dead wrong, why do they mash up hot-button topics that have 15 different threads going into one thread and put it in the HTH?

They don't really, but when they do, it is usually because it's something for the mods to do. They did that once during the P2W forum apocalypse and were accused of effectively censoring the discussion, and for good reason.

After all, how come 67 people have liked your massive board police wall of text and nothing on the second page or afterwards has more than 3? If you spend as much time on internet forums as you claim, you know damn well that people read the OP (and sometimes not even that) and a few posts then click to the last page. This is obvious from the pattern of likes that comments receive. I post "ITT September is tomorrow and not 5 months away" and that's good for 15 likes (and we presume a proportional number of views), and I post something well thought out and clever and it gets maybe 1 (and we presume a proportional number of views).

When the principal idea is not in the OP, it gets seen while it is on the last page and then it goes away forever for 99% of the forum population. By all means, complain if the OP is dumb, but it is ridiculous to begrudge people making a new topic to propose their own idea, because it isn't the same thing AT ALL on page 22, and that should be really, really obvious.

#64 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostmiSs, on 13 April 2013 - 09:19 PM, said:

HAHA! Same here!

Roadbeer, your thread is serious business and I think it needs a poll. B)

We think it needs a sticky! :blink:

#65 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

HAHA! Same here!

Poll added due to popular demand.

#66 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

This thread is honestly stupid.

I couldn't disagree more with most of your points.

Here's some irony for you. All you just said is "if you are complaining, you must be wrong". Well, you're complaining about people complaining and being wrong. And here comes the irony - you're wrong about pretty much everything you said.

If people didn't criticize the game and be vocal about it we would still have no way to deal with ECM, broken as all hell missiles (and I'm not even just talking about the recent bug), Gausswarrior, and **** PPCs.

You must not play LoL or go on the forums, because they really show what palyers are thinking (good or bad) and they make changes to the game. I've had a lot of issues and at least one of my posts there has led directly to real change in the game.

EDIT: Your poll just shows how much you don't understand what you're saying. If you think the forum system is broken, that the popularity thing with bandwagoning topics you agree with and making new threads for new topics is dumb, why did you make a poll to see if people like your thread? If people like it, they will give you likes. If people dislike it, they'll say so. If it should be deleted, it will become obvious from the direction of discussion.

Edited by Fate 6, 13 April 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#67 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Voted for Justice.

#68 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 13 April 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

When I see this I'm glad I'm Black.
Thanks for the laugh.

Weird! Just when I thought this forum was populated by mostly pasty, white kids hopped up on energy drinks living in their parents' basement. I stand corrected. B)

A serious post that left me in stitches. Perplexing to say the least! Only thing missing is an Agent of Change reply.

Edited by IceCase88, 13 April 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#69 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostFate 6, on 13 April 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Words.

Posted Image

#70 bigdaddynash

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationout the back

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

for representation of trolls everywhere I voted deleted B) :blink:

Edited by bigdaddynash, 13 April 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#71 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

HAHA! Same here!

You should be closing threads like these, not encouraging them. He is not the board police. You are. And it creates a completely toxic environment when we have people making it a crime to post all versions of X, instead of just the versions of X that break the rules.

It's already the case that if someone wants to make a balance suggestion topic (I laugh at Roadbeer's assertion that posts that aren't on the first page get a significant audience; I suspect in his heart of hearts even he knows it's total BS), people flood in and demand to know why you are trying to discuss general aspects of the game on general discussion instead of bumping that moronic topic about urbanmechs or something.

- A dude who this post does not affect or refer to whatsoever and has no axe to grind but the good of the forums.

Edited to remove my overdramatic QQ.

Edited by Noobzorz, 13 April 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#72 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 April 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

the game is Beta until the developer says it isn't.

By that logic, the game is AAA as well
Posted Image

#73 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

this old thread hasn't made it to k town yet? ughhh. I don't know how I feel about myself being on this side of the camp. im curious... what sort of image do I project of myself? XD

#74 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostBagheera, on 13 April 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Voted for Justice.

I, too, voted to make this thread disappear forever because it is hypocritical trash trying to white knight for PGI concerning topics that are clearly relevant and need discussion.

#75 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostNoobzorz, on 13 April 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

You should be closing threads like these, not encouraging them. He is not the board police. You are. And it creates a completely toxic environment when we have people making it a crime to post all versions of X, instead of just the versions of X that break the rules. You've just damaged the level of the discussion even further with this endorsement.

- A dude who this post does not affect or refer to whatsoever and has no axe to grind but the good of the forums.

lol when the moderators break their own rules, who do you report them to?

#76 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostNoobzorz, on 13 April 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Nonsense

#77 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostFate 6, on 13 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

I, too, voted to make this thread disappear forever because it is hypocritical trash trying to white knight for PGI concerning topics that are clearly relevant and need discussion.

well technically he's just trolling all involved in the discussion. Like a professional troll does

#78 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostFate 6, on 13 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

ROFL... did I just get called a White Knight?

#79 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'll say its well written, but in the end it sounds like you're calling for the dupe police. If we didn't have dupe threads about the same thing over and over, these forums would be pretty dead. And we keep bringing up the same things over and over because we as the consumer feel there is a problem with them. If we want new topics, PGI can either break the game further so we have new stuff to be upset and complain about, or fix the things we are complaining about so we go play the game instead of posting our dissatisfaction.

#80 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 April 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

ROFL... did I just get called a White Knight?

Hence why I said; He's just trolling EVERYONE.
The OP trolls every perspective

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users